konstantin Koltsov

Youreallygotme
10-13-2003, 11:52 AM
I read in my THN yearbook a comment that said "koltsov, maybe the worlds fastest skating human". Is he really that fast? what kind of player do you compare him against?

RedRumNJD
10-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Yes, he is that fast. On par with the likes of Jason Chimera and our own Rico Fata. However, I'm afraid his skills with the puck aren't that great. He can fly, but he can't always fly while carrying the puck. He's a fast, energetic type of player who does lots of things. He can get dirty in the corners, go to the net, or use his speed to set up plays with his linemates.

kutdacheez
10-13-2003, 12:10 PM
I read in my THN yearbook a comment that said "koltsov, maybe the worlds fastest skating human". Is he really that fast? what kind of player do you compare him against?
I have seen episodes of Captain Marvel and Superman where they have appeared to have skated a lot faster. Also, the CEO for Tyco International, who is under investigation right now, he also appears to be a very fast skater too! :D Wasn't Craig Berube once the fastest skating ape? :dunno:

No Quarter
10-13-2003, 02:28 PM
He has the speed of the old Calgary Flame Hakin Loob from the 80's and early 90's.
That's the only player I've seen as fast as Koltsov.
He doesn't make Fata, Pavel Bure, or Straka look like they're standing still but he's clearly faster and quicker.
Hakin Loob had blinding speed and Koltsov is blessed with the same skating ability.

PensFan68
10-13-2003, 07:48 PM
As mentioned, Koltsov is truly as fast as he's pegged to be. He can create alot with his speed, but he just has to get his hands going with his feet.

He's also impressive because he isn't afraid to play a "dirty" style. He'll go to the corners, hit, and fight if need be. He's not a normal smallish speedster. Hopefully he can get his hands to come along.

SuburbanRhythm
10-14-2003, 03:45 AM
He's also impressive because he isn't afraid to play a "dirty" style. He'll go to the corners, hit, and fight if need be. He's not a normal smallish speedster. Hopefully he can get his hands to come along.

I think that was the first thing that jumped out at me during both games. I guess I had forgotten from his brief call up last year.

I believe he is listed @ 6' and 190+ lbs. Expecting a skinny guy for the way he flys, but he looks stocky, and he uses it in the corners.

Jacob
10-14-2003, 12:05 PM
He's at least 205. He's an absolute bull. I remember hearing something about the baby Pens having to buy a whole new leg press machine because the one they currently had could hold like, 1500 pounds or something and it was no challenge for Koltsov. Orpik also said that Koltsov's calves are bigger than anyone else's thighs.

You have to be impressed by that. Koltsov will be the first to tell you that his speed isn't genetics or technique, it's just plain hard work.

All Star United
10-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Do you think he'll play all year long to the side of Mario? What kind of numbers do you expect from him?

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-15-2003, 08:15 AM
I hope he does, but I won't count on it. His numbers could be anywhere from 20-55 points. It all depends where he plays, with whom he plays and how much ice time he gets (especially on the powerplay).

Big McLargehuge
10-15-2003, 11:07 AM
He's faster than a cheetah with a rocket up it's butt.

Robert Paulson*
10-15-2003, 11:16 AM
He's faster than a cheetah with a rocket up it's butt.

I can see how that's possible (Koltsov being faster than that ^), because that would be painful :joker:.

Wingboy2999
10-15-2003, 02:11 PM
I can see how that's possible (Koltsov being faster than that ^), because that would be painful :joker:.

Yeah, and it would probably blow up too. Or get driven into the ground...then blow up.

tom_servo
10-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Well, then he's more entertaining than a cheetah with a rocket up its butt.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-15-2003, 05:31 PM
I don't know, a cheetah with a rocket up its butt isn't something you see everyday.

Robert Paulson*
10-15-2003, 05:37 PM
I don't know, a cheetah with a rocket up its butt isn't something you see everyday.

Can we get back to hockey please? :yo: Afterall, this is a hockey forum, ya know.

Ok, just so sum everything up, Koltsov is fast :D.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-15-2003, 06:09 PM
I wonder if I put skates on a cheetah if it could out skate Koltsov? It would be pretty close if it had a rocket up it's butt. The pens should put together some sort of race in between Koltsov and a cheeteh with a rocket up it's butt in between periods. It would definitely sell out the building.

Wingboy2999
10-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Well, then he's more entertaining than a cheetah with a rocket up its butt.

Are you kidding me? I would love to see a Cheetah with a rocket up it's butt. That'd be HILARIOUS!!! I wouldn't be able to stop laughing if I saw that.

Jacob
10-15-2003, 08:27 PM
^Not a member of PETA.