Fedor continues to rip it up

orcatown
10-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Two more goals and an assists. Seven points in two games. Just blew the puck into the net on the 5th goal.

Another good game by Koltsov and great game by Kesler. He had two goals and two assists and first star. Had a good interview at the end of the game. Praised the play of Koltsov.

If the Canucks could sign Umberger and put him on the Fedorov - Kesler line. Wow!

Reign Nateo
10-13-2003, 12:38 PM
If he can keep this intensity up all year he could put up some big numbers this year in Manitoba (as he should) if nothing else to make himself look good for a European team next summer.

Canucks-R-best
10-13-2003, 01:07 PM
If he can keep this intensity up all year he could put up some big numbers this year in Manitoba (as he should) if nothing else to make himself look good for a European team next summer.

hopefully he keeps it up and he can live up to the billing most canuck fans gave him 2 years ago

IceMelter
10-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Good to see the prospects playing well, Koltsov has been really good on the point while Kesler and Fedorov seem to be delivering.

Peter Griffin
10-13-2003, 01:40 PM
If Fedorov keeps up this pace, he could be one of the first call-ups.

Impossibles
10-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Awesome news.

Hopefully the moose can win a lot of games this year, and guys like Kesler, Fedor, Koltsov, Mojsiz (spelling?) and Auld really step up their play.

Mizral
10-13-2003, 02:49 PM
7 points in 2 games, even at the AHL-level, is INSANE .

If Fedor can keep pace, I would say after 5 more games, tops, he's called up.

Furthermore, if he can put together a 60 - 70, heck, maybe even 80+ point season, I believe we can pencil in Fedor Fedorov as part of the Canucks future.

However, it's very, very early, remember.

jeffbrown
10-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Good news on Fedor. Not to rain on the parade, but he had shown flashes before, but he just couldn't keep it up. Therefore the inconsistency and work ethic issues that prop up.

But great to hear nonetheless.

Thalia
10-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Do they ever show Moose games on TV? It sure would be nice. I know I've only ever seen one. :dunno:

Edler Von Gud
10-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Do they ever show Moose games on TV? It sure would be nice. I know I've only ever seen one. :dunno:

Yup, they are showing 5-6 moose games this season, first one is October 19 in St.John's.

cc
10-14-2003, 11:09 AM
from the looks and sounds of it, Fedor and Koltsov have developed some chemistry together.

SedinFan*
10-14-2003, 12:22 PM
7 points in 2 games, even at the AHL-level, is INSANE .If Fedor can keep pace, I would say after 5 more games, tops, he's called up.

Sedin-Sedin-Fedorov

:handclap:

cc
10-14-2003, 12:27 PM
now I really want the Canucks to sign Umberger. With RJ signed, this could be the best crop of prospects Canucks have had in years. Actually, it already looks that way.

PiliPili
10-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Was at the 6-2 drubbing of the Baby Leafs. As mentioned Ryan, Fedor, and Kirill all looked good. Both Fedor and Kirill have a flair for the dramatic frequently putting it through defenders' legs and pulling moves. Fedor did have a pretty solid overall game, one of the only glaring mistakes was when he failed to keep the puck in the zone in the last minute of play. It was coming round the boards and either hopped over his stick or he didn't concentrate and it got by him. Anyhow a Leaf picked it up and streaked down the side firing on Moss who made the first save but couldn't stop the rebound (I actually said to my bro as soon as the puck got by Fedor that if they scored then it's all on him). To Fedor's credit he tried to stay with the play and was right behind the Leaf who took the puck from him and actually may have caused the goal in that he collided with Moss after the first save, thus allowing the second Leaf to skate in uncontested. He was pretty angry with himself too as he smashed his stick against the goal-post. Overall, a good game. You can't take the creativity out of his game because then he just wouldn't be Fedor. He'll make some moves and some will work while some won't. It's the nature of the beast.

Much the same for Kirill. He was paired with Jokela who stayed a little back allowing KK to roam a little more. He's smallish so he still gets pushed around a little, but he made some good moves and was good at the point on the PP. Again, with the roaming, he has to be careful, a couple times it seemed he got in too deep and was lucky that the Leafs didn't get a break-out. Delivered some big hits too. He and Fedor seem to have a connection as they talked while on the ice together. But maybe that's just normal. :dunno:

Kesler was very good too. His goals were very sweet and he and Fedor seem to have some chemistry going. They both tried to set each other up with some nifty moves that sometimes worked and other times didn't. He's deceptively skilled. In the draft many people claimed he didn't have a high upside, but he could actually cross the 25 goal range I'd say.

Just my two cents. Hope you're enjoying your nice weather in Vancouver. It's getting pretty frigid out here in Winnipeg. :mad:

cc
10-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Was at the 6-2 drubbing of the Baby Leafs. As mentioned Ryan, Fedor, and Kirill all looked good. Both Fedor and Kirill have a flair for the dramatic frequently putting it through defenders' legs and pulling moves. Fedor did have a pretty solid overall game, one of the only glaring mistakes was when he failed to keep the puck in the zone in the last minute of play. It was coming round the boards and either hopped over his stick or he didn't concentrate and it got by him. Anyhow a Leaf picked it up and streaked down the side firing on Moss who made the first save but couldn't stop the rebound (I actually said to my bro as soon as the puck got by Fedor that if they scored then it's all on him). To Fedor's credit he tried to stay with the play and was right behind the Leaf who took the puck from him and actually may have caused the goal in that he collided with Moss after the first save, thus allowing the second Leaf to skate in uncontested. He was pretty angry with himself too as he smashed his stick against the goal-post. Overall, a good game. You can't take the creativity out of his game because then he just wouldn't be Fedor. He'll make some moves and some will work while some won't. It's the nature of the beast.

Much the same for Kirill. He was paired with Jokela who stayed a little back allowing KK to roam a little more. He's smallish so he still gets pushed around a little, but he made some good moves and was good at the point on the PP. Again, with the roaming, he has to be careful, a couple times it seemed he got in too deep and was lucky that the Leafs didn't get a break-out. Delivered some big hits too. He and Fedor seem to have a connection as they talked while on the ice together. But maybe that's just normal. :dunno:

Kesler was very good too. His goals were very sweet and he and Fedor seem to have some chemistry going. They both tried to set each other up with some nifty moves that sometimes worked and other times didn't. He's deceptively skilled. In the draft many people claimed he didn't have a high upside, but he could actually cross the 25 goal range I'd say.

Just my two cents. Hope you're enjoying your nice weather in Vancouver. It's getting pretty frigid out here in Winnipeg. :mad:

thank you very much for your input. I hope this continues in the future as it's very good to get viewpoints from fans who watch the moose. It sounds as if at the very least, the Manitoba team is more entertaining than it was last season.

incawg
10-14-2003, 01:24 PM
I surehope we sign Umberger. It would be a tremendous shame to lose him for nothing. Either way I think the moose will be great this year, but RJ could potentially put them over the top.

orcatown
10-14-2003, 01:35 PM
Pili - Thanks for the report. An excellent summary. Hear that Fedorov smashed his stick on the end boards and got a penalty after making the mistake on the last gaol. At least its good to see he cares.

Mole ii
10-14-2003, 06:06 PM
This is Fedors year because its his last year on contract. Go Fedorov!

PiliPili
10-14-2003, 08:23 PM
No problemo orcatown. It is more exciting to see the Moose drub teams with sweet goals than watch a team full of the Tyler Bouck's, Pat Kavanaugh's, and Jimmy Roy's of the world (no offense to them but you catch my drift). I have free tickets to another Moose game during the month of October since the box office put us in a line that wrapped around the arena for the Vancouver-Minnesota pre season game. I'll see if I can fit another report into my schedule. My 'people' will confirm later in the month. :p

Impossibles
10-14-2003, 08:23 PM
In a related topic...

Jeff Taffe was named the AHL player of the week.

What is confusing is he had 5 points in 2 games (4 goals) and was -1.

Fedor had 7 points in 2 games and was +2...and leads the AHL in scoring.

What gives?

gibber1600
10-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Two more goals and an assists. Seven points in two games. Just blew the puck into the net on the 5th goal.

Another good game by Koltsov and great game by Kesler. He had two goals and two assists and first star. Had a good interview at the end of the game. Praised the play of Koltsov.

If the Canucks could sign Umberger and put him on the Fedorov - Kesler line. Wow!
He hasn't been very consistant in the past. Fedor has skill but his desire is questionable.

Puckhound
10-15-2003, 02:10 AM
In a related topic...

Jeff Taffe was named the AHL player of the week.

What is confusing is he had 5 points in 2 games (4 goals) and was -1.

Fedor had 7 points in 2 games and was +2...and leads the AHL in scoring.

What gives?

Taffe was announce player of the week after Sunday's games were done. Fedor's second game was on Monday. So he just missed it. Fedor, Koltsov and Kesler all have a huge shot at this award as the Moose will play 4 more games this week.

Impossibles
10-15-2003, 08:05 AM
^ that explains it.

maruk14
10-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Found this on Slam. Hope he can find some consistency.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031015/ahl_man1-sun.html

Hobo
10-15-2003, 04:33 PM
He hasn't been very consistant in the past. Fedor has skill but his desire is questionable.

How could you be a young Russian who has moved to balmy Winnipeg for the winter to play hockey for the Moose and not have desire?

I think Fedor has tons of desire, but is immature. I saw him play three or four times in 2002 and thought in the two preseason games I saw this year he showed more effort, and more discipline, but made some bad positional choices. The guy shows improvement and has tons of upside promise. He needs lots of work but has the potential to be a big part of the Canuck's future.

Rageinthecage
10-15-2003, 06:18 PM
Fedor scored again tonight in a 1-1 tie with Milwaukee. Was dangerous at both ends of the ice as usual. He had a ridiculously risky pass intercepted by an Admiral forward in OT who luckily for the Moose, overskated his breakaway. Otherwise, another stellar game for Fedorov. Listened to the game on the net via cjob.com for the 1st time. Good play by play guy. Anyways, 8 points in 3 games for Fedorov.

Must be a hardcore hockey fan when I'm caught listening to an AHL game on the computer speakers instead of watching the Cubs/Marlins game seven. http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

cyrisweb
10-16-2003, 12:17 AM
We all know Fedorov has the needed talent.. I do believe on a team with less depth. Maybe Carolina, or Nashville, or Columbus or even Atlanta Fedor would have already made the team. I have been a supporter of his for a long time now because I think he could make a huge positive impact on this team. Much more so than King ever will.
Hopefully Fedorov will continue at his current pace.

Tom.H
10-16-2003, 09:16 AM
We all know Fedorov has the needed talent.. I do believe on a team with less depth. Maybe Carolina, or Nashville, or Columbus or even Atlanta Fedor would have already made the team. I have been a supporter of his for a long time now because I think he could make a huge positive impact on this team. Much more so than King ever will.
Hopefully Fedorov will continue at his current pace.

Concidering Brian Burke has stated that in terms of tallent Fedor ranks in the top 5 in the whole organization, I agree with you.