Words On Pihlmann ?

Bulis
10-13-2003, 03:53 PM
First of all, what is real name? Tuomas Pihlmann or Thomas Pihlmann or Tomas Pihlmann? I've seen his name speel in all 3 way. And could you tell me with what team he's playing right now, what is his potential, when will he play with the Devils and what kind of player he is. I Have him as a prospect in my FHL and the only thing i know about him is his nationality (Finland) and his team...

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Missionhockey
10-13-2003, 04:01 PM
I think its Tuomas Philman with 1 n. Right now he's playing for Albany. I've heard good things about him. He's projected as a 2nd line power forward.

Padawan
10-14-2003, 03:08 AM
Should be interesting how well Tuomas manages in Albany. He said that he has difficulty to adjust american style of hockey mainly about the interference rule which is quite a bit "tighter" than in Finland. Good thing is that he is re-united with his former team mate Ari Ahonen. That should help adjust the american life style and get in to the team much easier.

miklu
10-14-2003, 07:34 AM
First of all, what is real name?

None of the above spellings is correct! It's Tuomas Pihlman.

You can verify the spelling from here: http://www.jatkoaika.com/nhl.php?pelaaja=1620

Tuomas is a physical, puck controlling "target" player. He used to play in JYP in a line that had two good playmakers and Tuomas was the player that got the puck out of the corners and got into the scoring positions. He had some problems in scoring goals until Matti Alatalo changed JYP's playing style more offensive and that did it. 19+15 in 53 games opened the doors to a NHL contract. Hopefully he will develop into a 2-3 line offensive "power forward". In the Finnish scale he was already a very physical player, but it takes time for him to get used to the NHL game.