Well 2 things havent changed

justapantherfan
10-14-2003, 09:15 AM
Dump and chase and 30+ shots on Luongo every game.

Jeff Shafer
10-14-2003, 09:19 AM

Yeah I know, and is it just me but does Odelin look like a grandfather on skates? he's so slow getting to the puck too.... atleast we have Luongo back there making huge saves for us or we would be doormatts like the Hurricanes are.

justapantherfan
10-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Yeah I know, and is it just me but does Odelin look like a grandfather on skates? he's so slow getting to the puck too.... atleast we have Luongo back there making huge saves for us or we would be doormatts like the Hurricanes are.

I thought it was me but it seemed as if our players are skating on glue. I have noticed that every teams player seem to be faster then ours. Maybe it is just me, but has anyone else noticed that too.

PUCKBOY99
10-14-2003, 10:16 AM

Definitely not a trend I'd like to see continue, but yes...I was commenting on that this morning w/a few friends. And both Odelein & Lilja looked pretty worn out....both had a few nice plays, but in general, they were getting dogged!

Mogo
10-14-2003, 10:25 AM
We really gotta find a way to cut down the shots taken...

m2k2p
10-14-2003, 11:07 AM
I thought it was me but it seemed as if our players are skating on glue. I have noticed that every teams player seem to be faster then ours. Maybe it is just me, but has anyone else noticed that too.

I don't think so. I just think Carolina did a good job of clogging and clutching in the neutral zone against us, which in turn negates a lot of our team speed. They also seemed to just have more energy Monday night as well. Yeah Odelein (some have nicknamed him Slo-delein) is pretty slow, but I think he has played pretty well in the first two games, last night though he did'nt have that great of a game and he had some bad luck. It looks like their should of been interference by Craig Adams on that Boulerice goal, because he held Odelein out of the way. Plus Odelein had the bad luck of the puck bouncing off his stick and then off Vasicek for that fluke goal. I think the team speed overal is'nt a problem, the main problem is winning faceoffs. We could use a few faster defensemen though, that is one thing Krajicek would add for sure whenever he becomes healthy and is called up.

PanthersRule96
10-14-2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah man, I was going to post that. Odelein was really slow out there. Just think though, in a year or so, we'll have one of the best skating defense in the NHL.

Bouwmeester-Mezei
VanRyn-Novak
Krajicek-

all top notch skaters with good offensive ability and good defensive ability

Takkie
10-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Krajicek-Biron

Biron will hopefully evolve into a good stay at home man who makes few mistakes in his zone.

maybe even kudroc will take his spot if he shapes up

Captain8
10-14-2003, 02:53 PM
I don't think so. I just think Carolina did a good job of clogging and clutching in the neutral zone against us, which in turn negates a lot of our team speed. They also seemed to just have more energy Monday night as well. Yeah Odelein (some have nicknamed him Slo-delein) is pretty slow, but I think he has played pretty well in the first two games, last night though he did'nt have that great of a game and he had some bad luck. It looks like their should of been interference by Craig Adams on that Boulerice goal, because he held Odelein out of the way. Plus Odelein had the bad luck of the puck bouncing off his stick and then off Vasicek for that fluke goal. I think the team speed overal is'nt a problem, the main problem is winning faceoffs. We could use a few faster defensemen though, that is one thing Krajicek would add for sure whenever he becomes healthy and is called up.

Odelein is what he is. IMO, he's performing adequately. What he lacks in speed he often makes up for with his hockey sense, especially in terms of what he brings to the transition game -- a well conceived outlet pass. In that sense, I would say he contributes to team speed, while other dmen with better skating ability detract from it because of their inability and lack of confidence to execute the outlet.

I also agree with the observation that team speed isn't a problem, but only in the context of skating. The real issue, IMO are the poor breakouts, for which both the dmen and the forwards are to blame. Moving through the neutral zone, the Panthers' poor execution leaves them looking slow at times, whereas good transition teams can make the first two passes either up the ice, across the ice, or both -- just fast enough to get through the first half of the neutral zone. The Panthers, on the other hand, are often already chasing the puck at the red line.

Crossbar
10-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Samuelsson drew 2 or 3 calls because of his speed (the 2-on-1 w/ J-Bo and the St.Jacques call tho I thought it looked a bit like a dive still Bruno got caught! :p )

m2k2p
10-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Odelein is what he is. IMO, he's performing adequately. What he lacks in speed he often makes up for with his hockey sense, especially in terms of what he brings to the transition game -- a well conceived outlet pass. In that sense, I would say he contributes to team speed, while other dmen with better skating ability detract from it because of their inability and lack of confidence to execute the outlet.

I also agree with the observation that team speed isn't a problem, but only in the context of skating. The real issue, IMO are the poor breakouts, for which both the dmen and the forwards are to blame. Moving through the neutral zone, the Panthers' poor execution leaves them looking slow at times, whereas good transition teams can make the first two passes either up the ice, across the ice, or both -- just fast enough to get through the first half of the neutral zone. The Panthers, on the other hand, are often already chasing the puck at the red line.

I agree about breakouts and poor passing in the neutral zone. That was a real sore spot last season as well. While it has improved they still have a lot of work to do. Odelein besides the things you mentioned , also adds a lot of grit, leadership and toughness as well that the Panthers have been lacking. I like his toughness on opening night when the puck hit him in the nose and he came right back out the next shift.

Chaos2k7
10-14-2003, 04:11 PM
I agree about breakouts and poor passing in the neutral zone. That was a real sore spot last season as well. While it has improved they still have a lot of work to do. Odelein besides the things you mentioned , also adds a lot of grit, leadership and toughness as well that the Panthers have been lacking. I like his toughness on opening night when the puck hit him in the nose and he came right back out the next shift.

This just in... Tampa Bay fans think we suck...

:dunno:

And all of our defensemen are big and slow even J-Bo, It has to be true because we are dumbass Panther fans. Our total IQ is -1...

:rolleyes:

Back to your regular programming...

:joker:

Some people just humor me... I mean I read at a 4th grade level... at least...

;)

PanthersRule96
10-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Bouwmeester is really slow, man, he reminded me of Peter Worrell out thurr.
Laugh now, but remeber when your team was like our female dog that we beat up on a couple years back? Yeah, well I think we had a 10 game unbeaten streak against you. Right guys? :dunno: Wait, we is Panthur fans and we can't remember. sorrI. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just weight until the Marluns beat the Litening in the Stanely Kup finuls. Wait, I meant the Panthurs beet the Duvil Rays in the Kup finuls. Aw dam, i duno. Mi bad.

For a person to think that panthers fans suck and come up with a total IQ of -1, they must be a really big dumbass.