Question about the Wings/Pens game....

Wingboy2999
10-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I am new in the area (Freshman at Pitt) and I am wondering if you guys think that the game will be anywhere near sold out. Reason I ask is because we have this student rush (best tickets for $20) and I don't know if I should get them before or just go there and get them. Any help is appreciated.

Go Wings!

The Tang
10-15-2003, 03:09 PM
usually detroit is sold out because wing fans travel to see the game. every wing pens game i have gone too its been sold out w/ 1000-2000 wing fans there. you can take a chance, but i personally wouldnt.

craig1
10-15-2003, 03:39 PM
If I remember correctly.....student rush tix can be purchased at the arena box office a week in advance......call and double check if they still allow that....they did last year.....that would be your best bet!

Wingboy2999
10-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll have to check out the box office. I NEED to go to that game. I was told otherwise though. My advisor or whatever said he went to the Wings game last year and said that there was plenty of tickets left. But I am calling tomorrow...... Screw writing a paper!

DJ Spinoza
10-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Get your tickets now. With the Wings in town and Fleury, it is a recipe for another sellout.

Also note that some of the Red Wings fans are Pittsburghers, they have a nationwide following like the Yankees (well not as large scaled). I know several Wings fans.

I'll be at the game.:D

Wingboy2999
10-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Ok, definetely gonna try to get tickets tomorrow. Any advice on where to try for it? Me and a bunch of friends are going to try and go to the box office tomorrow and pick them up..... Should we go right to Mellon Arena and the box office there?

DJ Spinoza
10-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Yeah, there should be somewhere that you can go.

I called and got tickets Monday, and they arrived today. But I wouldn't risk the mail if I were you (I don't even know if they would send them this late).

Good luck.

Evilo
10-15-2003, 08:38 PM
And now that you're in Pitts, you need to turn into a Pens fan !

sparkle twin
10-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Ok, definetely gonna try to get tickets tomorrow. Any advice on where to try for it? Me and a bunch of friends are going to try and go to the box office tomorrow and pick them up..... Should we go right to Mellon Arena and the box office there?
I went to the arena for student rush tix when I knew there would be a big crowd at a game. At the main ticket office.

I was always told that you could get these tickets after the last home game. (Like for this game you could have gotten them starting last Friday since there was no other home game between the 2 games...I don't know if they changed that though.)

There may be a limit, too. They would never let me get more than 2 unless the people I was going to the game with were with me. But it may be different now, too.

Good Luck getting tickets, I hope they're all together!

Mr. T
10-16-2003, 04:20 AM
They used to sell student rush tickets the day before the game at Music X in Oakland. The store is gone now, but they might have a similar arrangement with another store in the area.