Cormier going to the Eagles

triley444
12-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Heard Kevin Cormier might be suiting up for the eagles. trade rumour has him going there after x mas. They are also pursuing Chad Denny as well. Looks like they are going to take a legitimate shot to actually win a round in the playoffs.

VanNistelrooy
12-15-2005, 04:16 PM
I heard a rumor that Kevin Cormier was going to Chicoutimi for a 1st round draft. There was about a month ago.

plaugher
12-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Cape Breton rumour is news to me. No mention of it on the Mooseheads board, from what I've seen; and they are usually on top of ANYTHING Cormier related, as any out-of-towners who frequent that board know all too well.

Have heard the Chicoutimi rumour, though. They lack toughness, Martel is no doubt salivating for a top-flight enforcer to protect his skilled guys, so it makes sense. Also gives them another body to stick in front of the net. And the fact that he's found some hockey skill in the off-season would just make it sweeter. Would he garner Halifax a first? Not sure...

PEli*
12-15-2005, 07:36 PM
and they are usually on top of ANYTHING Cormier related, as any out-of-towners who frequent that board know all too well.

Don't worry. Your Daddy only posts on the little boys board. I'm almost positive.

stugotz
12-15-2005, 11:14 PM
This rumor makes sence since CB is definatly in need of a top fighter, Victor and Fontaine arent exactly top tough guy material. The only problem is, I would think Phoenix would bring Cormier into the Pro's next year, their is nothing left for him in the Q so it would only be for this year.

And if CB is going for a tough guy this year I think the better choice would be going after Marty Doyle in St.John's mainly because your getting arguably the 2nd toughest guy in the league in Doyle and he would be cheaper. St.John's wont do much in the playoffs (if they get there) and they already have toughness in Bachand and Poto, and CB would most likely have to throw in someone like Fontaine in order to get Doyle as he's an OA. Just makes more sence to me as Doyle would have a cheaper price tag than Cormier. just my $0.02 tho...

triley444
12-16-2005, 05:18 AM
This rumor makes sence since CB is definatly in need of a top fighter, Victor and Fontaine arent exactly top tough guy material. The only problem is, I would think Phoenix would bring Cormier into the Pro's next year, their is nothing left for him in the Q so it would only be for this year.

And if CB is going for a tough guy this year I think the better choice would be going after Marty Doyle in St.John's mainly because your getting arguably the 2nd toughest guy in the league in Doyle and he would be cheaper. St.John's wont do much in the playoffs (if they get there) and they already have toughness in Bachand and Poto, and CB would most likely have to throw in someone like Fontaine in order to get Doyle as he's an OA. Just makes more sence to me as Doyle would have a cheaper price tag than Cormier. just my $0.02 tho...

good observation but Fontaine is a overager and most competive teams are complete of overagers plus he is pretty stable amongst d man in the league. There is also an outside chance the eagles are going to make a block buster with Moncton that will include a high profile goalie. Martin Houle still has his rights owned by Cape Breton and since he is in the east coast league his name has been thrown in as well in the cape. One more point is that Cormier will be an overager next year and cape has Bertrant, McIveen, Zaore, Simich and Kubus

stugotz
12-16-2005, 08:29 AM
good observation but Fontaine is a overager and most competive teams are complete of overagers plus he is pretty stable amongst d man in the league.

Well I only threw in Fontaine's name because both Doyle and Fontaine are overagers and would obviously need to swap OA's in order for it to work, Fontaine could be replaced with Victor but as far as skill wise goes I dont see enough of CB to make an accurate judgement on Fontaine or Victor's ability. Mind you with PP time on the rock Doyle isnt doing too bad.

But if their is a blockbuster trade in the works between Halifax and CB than Cormier obviously sounds like the obvious move. I was just looking at the deal as a move by CB to get a legit tough guy. Because I know of a few Halifax fans who would be rather disappointed in Cormier leaving town.

hockeyfan42
12-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Denny is going nowhere. Lewiston will not let go of one of their premiere players. The cost would be too hihh for both Lewy and CB.

triley444
12-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Lewiston is going nowhere this year or next build for the future and eagles and lewiston both know denny can drive 500 more fans per game for them. Houle will be dealt to either Chi or Moncton possibly Acadie.

LaLaLaprise
12-17-2005, 07:17 PM
It wont happen.

It would be like Toronto trading Tie Domi to Ottawa.

CB and HAL already have a heated rivalry. Halifax isnt going to send them the toughest dude in the league.

LaLaLaprise
12-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Lewiston is going nowhere this year or next build for the future and eagles and lewiston both know denny can drive 500 more fans per game for them. Houle will be dealt to either Chi or Moncton possibly Acadie.

Next year Lewy will be a top team in the conference.

Bernier is already a top 5 goalie. he will be the 2nd best goalie in the Q next year behind Pavelec.

Add in the young dmen: Marshall, Cusack, Piche, Korenko and Denny. That top 5 is steller.

Add in the young forwards: Giliati, Champagne, Chaput, Cliche, Paquet, Bundil, Castonguay and McCarthy.

Throw in potential Aubin as a 20 year old and whatever they get for Paiment and Roach.

This team will be at the top of the conference next year.

ZombieMatt
12-18-2005, 02:19 AM
It wont happen.

It would be like Toronto trading Tie Domi to Ottawa.

CB and HAL already have a heated rivalry. Halifax isnt going to send them the toughest dude in the league.

I'm not saying that Cormier is going to the Eagles, but history indicates the Moosehead and Eagles are more than willing to cooperate on trades. MA Bernier and FP Guenette didn't trade themselves back and forth.

LaLaLaprise
12-18-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm not saying that Cormier is going to the Eagles, but history indicates the Moosehead and Eagles are more than willing to cooperate on trades. MA Bernier and FP Guenette didn't trade themselves back and forth.

Trading star players to each other when the teams are in difference cycles is completly different than sending the toughest player in the league to the rival when the teams are 4 pts apart and it looks like they are destined to play in the playoffs.

ZombieMatt
12-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I agree.

That said, you'd think division rivals, regardless of where their cycles are at, would avoid banding together to pull off very sketchy yo-yo style trades.

triley444
12-20-2005, 03:24 PM

Eagles did give up Villenueve, McRae and Davis that year to a contending team so they could build for the next year but I will say eagles had one of the best junior teams ever assembled but had zero chemistry in the locker room and got punted by a hard nosed hard working team. Sending back Bernier and Guenette was no loss last year but Picard was dynamite. they got to keep pardy and got Sheppard in the draft.