Gendron laying down the law in Albany

Unthinkable
10-16-2003, 09:07 AM
http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=180185&category=SPORTS&newsdate=10/16/2003

Gendron said hard work was the missing ingredient in the team's second loss to begin the season, but he's not expecting that to be a variable in this weekend's back-to-back road games in Virginia against the Admirals.

Without naming names, Gendron made it clear that a lack of effort by anybody in the next game will be addressed quickly.

"They have been told," said Gendron as players dressed for the 10-hour bus trip to Norfolk. "I'll have extra players. Time is on my side. We have the luxury of extra players. If they don't perform I have the hammer."

Unthinkable
10-16-2003, 09:12 AM
No room for lack of effort:

"Maybe we're putting too much pressure on ourselves to get our first win," veteran Greg Crozier said. "We've got to have the effort."

Gendron vowed it won't happen again this way.

"Bottom line is we've got enough talent here to win, and we will win," he said. "I'm sick and tired. And if I have to beat them into the ground to make them understand that, then that's what the hell we're going to do."