ECHL: Victoria Nets more than 1000 Season Ticket Deposits on 1st Day

Quellet The Dogs Out
10-16-2003, 03:56 PM
Victoria Nets More Than 1,000 Season Ticket Deposits On First Day of Sales
http://www.echl.com/upload_images/VictoriaLogo.jpgThursday Oct 16, 2003

VICTORIA, British Columbia An article in the Victoria Times Colonist reported that at close of business on Wednesday, Victoria had accepted deposits for 1,432 season tickets. Scheduled to begin play in 2004-05 at the 7,300-seat Victoria Arena, the Salmon Kings are the newest member of the ECHL and the first ECHL team outside of the United States. The team accepted 1,005 down payments on its first day of sales on Tuesday, including three people who were in line at 5:30 a.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And you guys said that this league would fail in Victoria.... :rolleyes:

Puckhound
10-16-2003, 04:36 PM
There is some speculation that the AHL is watching the Western division of the ECHL to possibly take over in a few years. Western NHL teams have expressed interest in having their top farm teams in the same time zone.

evman150*
10-16-2003, 08:15 PM
I'm still not confident that it's going to work. 1400 season tickets - is that really THAT much? I really can't see Victoria coming up with more than 2500-3000 season tickets when all is said and done. How does that compare to other teams in the echl? What are average attendance and season ticket numbers like around the league?

In case anyone from Victoria is interested, you can call 744-9795 or 1-877-278-1386 for ticket information.

Edit: Just to clear things up, one of the main reasons I don't think it is going to work, besides it being low level hockey, is that Victoria is a crappy sports city. It is just like Vancouver, absolutely terrible sports cities.

JOCA
10-16-2003, 10:45 PM
They still need to change that logo!!!!!!!!

Canadian Chris
10-17-2003, 09:54 AM
I'm still not confident that it's going to work. 1400 season tickets - is that really THAT much? I really can't see Victoria coming up with more than 2500-3000 season tickets when all is said and done. How does that compare to other teams in the echl? What are average attendance and season ticket numbers like around the league?

In case anyone from Victoria is interested, you can call 744-9795 or 1-877-278-1386 for ticket information.

Edit: Just to clear things up, one of the main reasons I don't think it is going to work, besides it being low level hockey, is that Victoria is a crappy sports city. It is just like Vancouver, absolutely terrible sports cities.
You have to remember Evman, that those 1400 were on the first day the tickets were available too right....

I think they'll have great attendence figures their first year, and then depending on the team.

Riddarn
10-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Ah, how sweet it would be to be the king of salmon. All salmon would be my subjects, and they would die at my command. Then I would eat them. Yum!

:rolly:

Riddarn
10-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Sorry about that dumb post, I just couldn't resist. Salmon Kings.. Not really the name I would pick for my team, but then again Salmon Kings sounds way better than Mighty Ducks :)