Marc Bergivan

Speed Kills
10-16-2003, 06:14 PM
I saw him take two bad penalties that hurt the team today. I don't think he played well at all and would like to see some else in that position. Regardless of their NHL experience or friendship with Mario.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-16-2003, 07:04 PM
I wonder why Focht was scratched? He hasn't been playing bad, has he?

The Tang
10-16-2003, 07:23 PM
i dont agree with scratching focht for bergevin. i can uderstand the whole veteran thing, but i think they should have kept focht in at this point.

btw, hatcher sprained his knee and may not play saturday.

Koltsov71
10-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Well, that is good news to an extent. They have a deep blueline, so I think they'll manage. But Hatcher is a key guy for sure.

And I also agree that I disagree with scratching Focht to let Bergevin play. Focht should be in there.

Jacob
10-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Bergevin is an upgrade over Berehowsky, that's for sure.

The Tang
10-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Bergevin is an upgrade over Berehowsky, that's for sure.
what exactly do you have against berehowsky?

The Tang
10-16-2003, 09:44 PM
He sucks...

Berehowsky will give the penguins 15 good games out of 82.

I would rather play Bergevin, you know he's been around and the man is tough.

But Drake has shown a lot of toughness...so i can't complain much...well not yet anyways.
why is it i havent heard one bad thing about him, other than he sucks? i didnt hear anything bad in camp, and nothing bad in the three games thus far. you think you may be too over critical of him?

Jacob
10-16-2003, 09:58 PM
what exactly do you have against berehowsky?
Besides everything?

No, seriously, it's not like I'm writing him off or anything, but after 3 games my opinion of him (thus far) is that he's a huge liability. He just hasn't done anything well, in my opinion. There's only a couple guys on our blueline that you can really count on to make sound decisions, and he certainly isn't one of them. And where's the physical play? There's such a difference between Orpik's bodychecking and Berehowsky's, even though they're practically the same height and weight, Berehowsky just looks lopsided and unbalanced when he's leaning on someone. I hope he can get better, I understand he's coming off a lost season.

Jacob
10-16-2003, 10:03 PM
But it's not just the hitting. he's too often out of position and just starts running around in his own zone, chasing after guys when he should be pinning them to the boards. At least twice he's recieved a d-to-d pass that, for whatever reason, bounced off his stick and gave an opposing player a clear lane to the net. Offensively, I haven't seen any booming shot and his pinches have been at bad times.