frolov

lucas
10-17-2003, 10:01 AM
i drafted him in my yahoo league thinking that he was going to be on one of the top two lines. i see however that he's not getting much icetime. i was wondering what the deal was, although his production has been pretty good for little icetime. thanks

kingsfan25
10-17-2003, 11:52 AM
i drafted him in my yahoo league thinking that he was going to be on one of the top two lines. i see however that he's not getting much icetime. i was wondering what the deal was, although his production has been pretty good for little icetime. thanks

The first couple games his play was pretty poor. Andy Murray has put him on the fourth line as a wakeup call. It seems to have worked.

Frolov 6'3
10-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Indeed he has used the cruise control the past couple of months, so he has been demoted to the 4th line.

KingPurpleDinosaur
10-17-2003, 12:20 PM
sophmore slump i guess

Scottkmlps
10-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Ever since he was demoted to the 4th line against Chicago, he has played alot better.

Face Wash
10-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Frolov will never be what he has a chance to be until he learns to assert himself on every shift.

He has the same problem Jaroslav Bednar had (has)... He takes too many shifts off... he's not consistently aggressive.

If he learns to be more aggressive, he has great physical gifts and could be a dominating player (a la Allison), but he's not assertive enough...

Personally, I think if his lack of aggressive play continues, he belongs in Manchester (when the Kings get healthier), I don't care how many goals he scored last year. He has to improve... and get better at all aspects.

I like him, but he's not consistent and AM won't put up with it from anyone on his team, young or old.

hockeyfan33
10-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Frolov will never be what he has a chance to be until he learns to assert himself on every shift.

He has the same problem Jaroslav Bednar had (has)... He takes too many shifts off... he's not consistently aggressive.

If he learns to be more aggressive, he has great physical gifts and could be a dominating player (a la Allison), but he's not assertive enough...

Personally, I think if his lack of aggressive play continues, he belongs in Manchester (when the Kings get healthier), I don't care how many goals he scored last year. He has to improve... and get better at all aspects.

I like him, but he's not consistent and AM won't put up with it from anyone on his team, young or old.

he will be scratched or sent back to Russia, his contract doesn't permit any time in the AHL.

nikolai19
10-17-2003, 01:42 PM
The problem with Alex is I feel like I am watching the same exact guy from last year's games as a rookie. Sure he scored a goal against Ottawa and played pretty well, but he was being hearlded as expanding his offensive game as well as shooting the puck more. I haven't seen that yet. He is great at protecting the puck, and has a pretty good passing game. He needs to create more offensively and put the puck on net more often. Playing with Ziggy and Stumpel will give him the chances but it's up to him to actual put it to the test on the rink.

With Cammalleri coming back in the next 10-15 days, and if Cammy comes back with some of the same playmaking and shooting touch he was showing in the preseason, that may push Alex a bit even more. If Alex isn't careful, Cammy and Brown, may move ahead of him on the depth chart, which could mean a plane ticket to Manchester.

I think Alex will eventually figure it out, the only problem is that LA needs him to do it now, not a year or two from now. Guys that are going to be stars in this league have to play like it every night. I think we see that from Brown already and he isn't even 19. I do have faith that Frolov will start cooking up but for his sake he'd better kick it into gear sooner than later.

IGM
10-17-2003, 02:38 PM
I don;t think you can judge Fro's developement until we see Ally and Deader come back. When we have two solid lines Frolov will get a chance to play against some of the oppositions lesser pairings and couple that with the fact that he will be playing on a line with the best RW (arguably) in the game today and a solid center (second line center) and he should be able to get his scoring back on track. The guy is still a very young kid and sure is holding his own out there. The problem is that we all know he has the potential to be a star. I say that if things line up for him a bit and he gets some more time with ZP and Stumpy that he will start putting up the points again and that his O confidence will come back to him. I absolutely don't think he should be considered as someone who isn't playing at an NHL level or that he doesn't belong on the team. He was one of the top 7 rookies last year in scoring and one of the tops in + - and we all know what our team looked like last year. Give him some time and I still think he will only continue to improve.

I still would love to see a line of Cammo Aulin Frolov out there a couple of times a game. Better yet, a line of Frolov Cammo Brown. That would be a very talented kid line that would be allot of fun to watch.

agentfouser
10-17-2003, 02:45 PM
The problem with Alex is I feel like I am watching the same exact guy from last year's games as a rookie. Sure he scored a goal against Ottawa and played pretty well, but he was being hearlded as expanding his offensive game as well as shooting the puck more. I haven't seen that yet. He is great at protecting the puck, and has a pretty good passing game. He needs to create more offensively and put the puck on net more often. Playing with Ziggy and Stumpel will give him the chances but it's up to him to actual put it to the test on the rink.

With Cammalleri coming back in the next 10-15 days, and if Cammy comes back with some of the same playmaking and shooting touch he was showing in the preseason, that may push Alex a bit even more. If Alex isn't careful, Cammy and Brown, may move ahead of him on the depth chart, which could mean a plane ticket to Manchester.

I think Alex will eventually figure it out, the only problem is that LA needs him to do it now, not a year or two from now. Guys that are going to be stars in this league have to play like it every night. I think we see that from Brown already and he isn't even 19. I do have faith that Frolov will start cooking up but for his sake he'd better kick it into gear sooner than later.

i completely agree, well said.

but, i didn't realize that cammalleri was so close to coming back; i read the blurb in the paper the other day that he had started skating, but i was under the impression that he was still 3 to 4 weeks away. i hope you're right.

i sort of see frolov having about the same season this year as last, and putting up 30 or 40 points at the most. most players break out in their fourth year, and i expect alex to be bit early, but i wouldn't count on a dramatic increase anytime soon.