20 Minutes+ for Martin

4check22
10-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Apparently the jitters are beginning to subside for the young rookie. I hope that they subside for Hale as well. 2 shots total (including 1 in overtime), 24 shifts (same as White), and 20:24 (White was on the ice for 20:08). I would love to see Hale and Martin battle it out for the Calder this year.

NJDevils#4
10-17-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry but I just don't see it. Hale was decent, and Martin has looked awful IMO. I hope things change. I don't think the calder will be in Jersey this year.

Unthinkable
10-17-2003, 11:14 AM
For comparisons sake, I watched Joni Pitkanen pretty closely last night for the Flyers in the 0-0 game against San Jose and Paul Martin's play was pretty similar in all seriousness. Saw Joni make a few mental errors in his own zone which fortunately for him weren't capitalized on.

NJDevils#4
10-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Yes, it is still early, I may have jumped the gun. Lets just hope things improve, as I'm sure they will. With every game they have looked a bit better. I still am expecting Brown, Albelin and possibly Giroux to get time this year over Hale and Martin in some games.

4check22
10-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Yes, it is still early, I may have jumped the gun. Lets just hope things improve, as I'm sure they will. With every game they have looked a bit better. I still am expecting Brown, Albelin and possibly Giroux to get time this year over Hale and Martin in some games.

I'm waiting to see Brown as well just to see if he brings it like people seem to think he will. Guessing that he will suit up for certain games against teams that are more difficult to match up with because of their size. Tommy will always be the prototypical stop-gap, but I don't see him getting as much time as Hale or Martin. I'm just excited to see the new blood in there mixing it up with the big boys. So far so good.