Just an interesting thought..

PhillyNucksFan
10-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Since there is some comparison between sens and canucks, and how where canucks are right now is where sens were 2 years ago..

funny how their #1 goalie, Lalime, was a Pens too and they got Lalime cheap.. now, the canucks got Hedberg, for a 2nd rounder, which is fair.. and he was also a former pens.. :D

I still remmeber how Lalime challenged the rookie record shutout streak.. ( or did he break it? I forgot)..

maybe Hedberg is the answer after all?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cyrisweb
10-18-2003, 12:34 AM
I fully agree that the Canucks are at least 2 years behind Ottawa in development. We have so many question marks around this team. Cloutier/Hedberg, Allen/Sopel, the Sedins, Secondary scoring.

I don't see why everyone is so insistant that this is the Canucks year they must win the cup this year etc etc. It is not the Canucks year, nor will it be till all those question marks and more are answered in a positive fashion. These things take time.. We are still a very young team. Not only are players on the farm who could contribute still in need of development, but players on the big team are still in need of development as well.

Blane Youngblood
10-18-2003, 01:52 AM
I fully agree that the Canucks are at least 2 years behind Ottawa in development. We have so many question marks around this team. Cloutier/Hedberg, Allen/Sopel, the Sedins, Secondary scoring.

I don't see why everyone is so insistant that this is the Canucks year they must win the cup this year etc etc. It is not the Canucks year, nor will it be till all those question marks and more are answered in a positive fashion. These things take time.. We are still a very young team. Not only are players on the farm who could contribute still in need of development, but players on the big team are still in need of development as well.

The simple answer to why the Canucks need to win soon is Markus Naslund.

cyrisweb
10-18-2003, 02:53 AM
The simple answer to why the Canucks need to win soon is Markus Naslund.

Naslund said he would like to go home sooner than later.. but he said later on that he would stick around if the team was still good competative team in the hunt.

Edler Statesman*
10-18-2003, 11:35 AM
I heard that Naslund would stay in Vancouver if his children wanted to stay here

PhillyNucksFan
10-18-2003, 07:42 PM
let me go talk to his children then!!!!!!! :D :D then again, they're like 3-5 years old.. :rolleyes:

Ohlund just lives across my GF, Sedins lives in the apartment nearby.. heck, i see sedins visiting Ohlund house for dinner pretty often!!

Thalia
10-18-2003, 07:47 PM
let me go talk to his children then!!!!!!! :D :D then again, they're like 3-5 years old.. :rolleyes:

Ohlund just lives across my GF, Sedins lives in the apartment nearby.. heck, i see sedins visiting Ohlund house for dinner pretty often!!
But you live in Philadelphia. :confused:

PhillyNucksFan
10-19-2003, 11:28 AM
But you live in Philadelphia. :confused:

I am in Vancouver right now for a couple weeks, work is in Philadelphia, where I live mostly.

BUT I still do have a home in Van and my GF's family still lives in Van.
I go to my GF's house to eat often, so thats why I see those swedish often and ohlund's wife through window. only talked a couple times, but never got to know them well.. Ohlund seems to spend a lot of time in the gym rather than at home.. :(

:)

PhillyNucksFan
10-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Ottawa is alot deeper in talent than the Canucks ever will be. The Canuck's biggest problem is developing their own talent.

Compared to the sens, everyone sux at developing, except maybe NJ!

Canucks is above avg in the depth IMO, and remember, this team is still one of the youngest in the league, the problem here is, can we keep it together, with Bertuzzi being the major piece.

but you're right, Sens doesnt really have a major piece that is a no-miss.. even without Hossa/Alfredsson, they are still one hella competative club.. imagine canucks without Nassy/Bert... :(

Broda
10-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Dont want to thanks, If everything goes well for the canucks... meaning that the CBA is sorted out with out missing a full year of hockey... and Naslund stays and Bert agrees to a deal... then a year or two from now... then i think the canucks will have everything figured out to the point of where the sens are now... i just really want to see the sens win the cup this year if its just not in the cards for my Canucks.... Maybe help stregthen the point of view that Building from within...and making small deals and not overspending the way to go... I really dont think that Signing Bert for say 7mill a year or so as overspending because its not the same idea as a quick fix free agent...
Man i just hope the agony of this stupid Flames fans here in calgary saying over and over..."oh yeah thats true, oh hey how many cups do the canucks have again? Wait thats right none..."
Damn them.... i do like the flames though...great young team...(not trying to piss off flames fans...just makin a point)

Broda
10-19-2003, 08:01 PM
with the whole flames deal... for those nuck fans in calgary...
How many Flames fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
6... 1 to screw it in, and five to brag about the old one...
haha...ha...
funnier when i heard it...

PhillyNucksFan
10-20-2003, 01:20 AM
with the whole flames deal... for those nuck fans in calgary...
How many Flames fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
6... 1 to screw it in, and five to brag about the old one...
haha...ha...
funnier when i heard it...

with the way flames management is going, and assuming they keep it going relatively the same, with relatively similar CBA.. flames wont win another cup for anothe 30+ years. .lol

time to move on, and not brag about 1989 :joker:

back then, everyone was competative, and the avg salary was like what? 500k?
and dont bring up the issue of PPP.. i know, still the same.. :D

oh well.

quat
10-20-2003, 01:36 AM
Ottawa is alot deeper in talent than the Canucks ever will be. The Canuck's biggest problem is developing their own talent.

Hmm... how did you get all those scars on your face? :joker: I believe you are correct in saying the CAnucks are a bit weak developing their own talent, especially compared with the Sens. But your opening comment is pretty much wide open for ridicule. Ever? Riiiigghhtt. :rolleyes:

The Produce Man
10-20-2003, 06:03 AM

Actually, my dad lives in the same building as Henrik Sedin. Apperently my dad's been bugging him to get a free stick to give me :D And according to him, Daniel lives in the building next to that. I haven't actually been there to see either player, so take it for what it's worth.