Lance Monych

Waldo
10-18-2003, 06:40 AM
Lance Monych scored 2 goals and had 3 assists for for a 5 point nite as Brandon Wheatkings defeated the Prince George Cougars 7 - 5. Nothing like a big nite to maybe get him on a roll. He had been fairly quiet until yesterday. Hope that gives him some confidence so he can break loose.

http://www.whl.ca/stats/schedule.php

CoyoteBaloney
10-18-2003, 08:47 AM
If Monych is to be considered a viable prospect he better have a decent to big year. Let's hope this 5 point game is just the begining.

Waldo
10-18-2003, 08:49 AM
If Monych is to be considered a viable prospect he better have a decent to big year. Let's hope this 5 point game is just the begining.
Right!!!!! At his age he needs to dominate. Let's hope.........

PhoPhan
10-18-2003, 01:37 PM
14 points in 12 games isn't terrible in the WHL. Not great, but not terrible.

Waldo
10-18-2003, 01:47 PM
14 points in 12 games isn't terrible in the WHL. Not great, but not terrible.
No, it's not terrible but without this big 5 pt game his stats would be ho hum at best. I'm hoping he has a few more of these big games in him. I don't get the impression that he is very physical or intimidating with only 6 PIM . He's only a +1 so he is not a great defensive player. He does have some size and needs to show something exceptional if he wants a chance at the NHL. I'm hoping that he has put it all together and will be making some noise.

gibber1600
10-19-2003, 08:39 AM
No, it's not terrible but without this big 5 pt game his stats would be ho hum at best. I'm hoping he has a few more of these big games in him. I don't get the impression that he is very physical or intimidating with only 6 PIM . He's only a +1 so he is not a great defensive player. He does have some size and needs to show something exceptional if he wants a chance at the NHL. I'm hoping that he has put it all together and will be making some noise.
Players are not looked at by points only. Their are alot of players with HUGH points that only end up in the ECHL.