Morning Skate @HS today

LA's Ice Man
10-18-2003, 09:00 PM
I attended Morning Skate today. Miller, Norstrom and Cammy look like they are ready to go . On the other hand Deader and Allison look awful. I am not getting my hopes up of getting Allison back in the lineup anytime soon , I hope I am wrong. He looked like he was very scared on the ice. He looked tentative. He even took a bad spill when he tried to put on the brakes, he got up really slow. Deader doesnt look much better either.

IGM
10-19-2003, 07:15 AM
I have been lucky enoug to go to every practice when the team is at home as well as all of camp (live a couple of blocks away from HS) and I have to say that these two guys (deader and ally) look like they are getting worse as time goes on.

If I didn't know better I would say that they are milking this thing to suck up the time off! I mean, I know that isn't the case but they sure have been going backwards as far as the way they both practice goes. Less agressive, less active and less effort are all we get to see when they are on the ice. I am sure it must just frustrate the piss out of these guys to be such great players and not being able to play with the team and I would guess that part of the reason that they are looking so bad is due to that frustration but, in the end, I stick by the old saying of you practice how you play and play how you practice. If you aren't healthy enough to give your all during practice then don't practice with the team until you are.

I can only imagine how good we will be IF we were to get these guys back, that is the sad part, I can only imagine it.

LuckyLUC20
10-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the update guys... I feel really bad for those two. I'm keeping them in my prayers.

Unthinkable
10-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Scott Stevens took a puck to the ear on a close range slapshot from Kubina in a game against the Tampa Bay Lightning in round 2 of the playoffs and he recently revealed he suffered from balance and equilibrium problems all the way through July of this year. I'm not even sure he had a full concussion, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did and he played through it. Old time hockey players would shrug it off and say it was just getting your bell rung, but there are so many variations of concussions its difficult to speculate on what he had considering the Devils don't reveal injury information at all. Head injuries have a way of really screwing up careers. Gomez' probable concussion after he collided with Grant Marshall in the B's series was listed as "whiplash".

Reaper45
10-19-2003, 07:26 PM
With the money were saving on their salaries from the insurance, we should seriously try to either make a bid for Comrie, or someone who can seriously make this team even better. Who I don't know, but somebody for sure.

I Am Ziggy Palffy
10-21-2003, 01:24 PM
With the money were saving on their salaries from the insurance, we should seriously try to either make a bid for Comrie, or someone who can seriously make this team even better. Who I don't know, but somebody for sure.

the sad part about tat is...the people available for the kings to get r not the ones who could have dominated a game like a allison or even a deadmarsh...like mentioned before...its sad to think how good the team could be if everyone was healthy....next year nobody knows whos going to stay or go...and palffy is goign to be one year older too

kingsfan77
10-21-2003, 02:16 PM
I've been to Healthsouth a few times, I'm plannning to go sometime soon. It sucks to hear that Deader and Allison are not improving. But I think missing Matty and Miller are hurting the Kings more.