Sillinger back vs. Toronto

10-19-2003, 07:24 AM
Toronto is the game that Sillinger is supposed to come back for. Let's hope he helps our PK unit which seems to be allowing a few PP goals.

CoyoteBaloney
10-20-2003, 03:37 AM
Have you heard official word that Sillinger will be back on Thursday? The only thing I have heard is that he might be back on thursday.

Nagy17
10-20-2003, 11:13 AM
This article has Francis saying more likely Saturday against San Jose.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyotes/1019yotesnb1019.html

hbk
10-20-2003, 02:11 PM
some talk of the Redwings possibly in the market for a center later in the season once they've purged Cujo and his salary. Sillinger might be a prime candidate.

PhoPhan
10-20-2003, 02:22 PM
some talk of the Redwings possibly in the market for a center later in the season once they've purged Cujo and his salary. Sillinger might be a prime candidate.

I would love to make a trade with the Wings, for they have a whole lot of desireable assets.

hbk
10-20-2003, 05:38 PM
I would love to make a trade with the Wings, for they have a whole lot of desireable assets.

I think we'd be lucky to get a second or third round pick. Actually I'm not sure what the conditions are surrounding the Dallas pick in the Teppo deal but that could work out to two second round picks for Phoenix for their former captain. We also have Philli's second rounder (Amonte) and could get another second round pick if we elect not to sign Ben Eager. Too bad this draft is shaping out to be more like the 2002 entry draft rather than another 2003 draft.

PhoPhan
10-20-2003, 05:42 PM
I think we'd be lucky to get a second or third round pick. Actually I'm not sure what the conditions are surrounding the Dallas pick in the Teppo deal but that could work out to two second round picks for Phoenix for their former captain. We also have Philli's second rounder (Amonte) and could get another second round pick if we elect not to sign Ben Eager. Too bad this draft is shaping out to be more like the 2002 entry draft rather than another 2003 draft.

The 2002 draft may not have been a great one, but remember who our 2nd round pick was back then?

10-20-2003, 07:44 PM
A draft isn't judged 2 years later as much as it is 10 years later. Then you really know who won and lost. Hopefully we'll remember it as a great draft year beginning the Dave Draper rebuild era.

hbk
10-21-2003, 03:33 AM
The 2002 draft may not have been a great one, but remember who our 2nd round pick was back then?

True enough but it takes a good scouting staff and a little luck to nab the impact players in these types of drafts. LeNeveu was a home run selection. However, so far the returns of the rest of the selections are below expectations. Inconsistency and struggles at the CHL level plague much of our prospects from that draft. Yes, Draper and co. did their jobs on LeNeveu but one success does not make up for the fact that we may have blown it with some of our other selections (ie passing up on Jiri Hudler). I don't think we should expect every pick to be a superstar prospect but I think we should have a better feeling at this point and time that some of these kids have an NHL future. Maybe I've been drinking eye's kool-aid or got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning but I'm expecting a lot of this scouting staff and we've had a number of instances (Eager selection, glowing reviews of Darcy Hordichuk that led to a lop-sided deal that was not in our favour) which have created some doubts. I'm all for Dave Draper but is he surrounded by the right people? I think that question needs to be asked.

ulf
10-21-2003, 11:20 AM
who are drapers people...did he select them or did mgmt supply him with his staff?

Hordichuk_24
10-22-2003, 01:35 AM
Actually according to both newpapers today, looks like Sillinger might be ready for Toronto afterall...