Crosby 5 pts...game still in the 2nd period

Johnny Wishbone
10-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Sidney has 2G 3A so far mid-way thru the 2nd period tonight.

I had the pleasure of seeing him on Thurs in Halifax. He played an average game, but he still exposed some of his talent. The guy is a pleasure to watch. QMJHL Coaches.......double team him like Halifax did...it might be the only way to keep him from big nights like he is having tonight. I feel bad for the guy who has to shadow him..really tough.

Habs4Life
10-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Sidney has 2G 3A so far mid-way thru the 2nd period tonight.

I had the pleasure of seeing him on Thurs in Halifax. He played an average game, but he still exposed some of his talent. The guy is a pleasure to watch. QMJHL Coaches.......double team him like Halifax did...it might be the only way to keep him from big nights like he is having tonight. I feel bad for the guy who has to shadow him..really tough.

C 87 Crosby, Sidney 2 3 5

CRAZINESS DUDE!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY NOW LEADS THE QMJHL IN POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY IS THE REAL DEAL!

Aaron Vickers
10-19-2003, 03:53 PM
There's a stickied thread, specifically for this stuf...

Roughneck
10-19-2003, 04:35 PM
There's a stickied thread, specifically for this stuf...

Well the stickied thread is for non-Groundshaking talk and I believe this is definitely groundshaking. A 16 year old on a very bad team leading the Q in points. That's pretty damn impressive.

Histrion
10-19-2003, 04:40 PM
A very bad team? Well, playing with Pouliot isn't all that bad, eh...

#37-#93-#27*
10-19-2003, 04:43 PM
A very bad team? Well, playing with Pouliot isn't all that bad, eh...
I thought he wasn't playing with him.

moosefan
10-19-2003, 04:45 PM

the only time Crosby and Pouliot play together is on the Power Play, other than that they play on seperate lines.

Histrion
10-19-2003, 04:47 PM

Wether he's playing with him or not, it sure can't be bad for Sidney's production since the defensive coverage is looking for both of them. And this team seems to be off to a good start, no? I mean, they are first in their division.

Marmax
10-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Well the stickied thread is for non-Groundshaking talk and I believe this is definitely groundshaking. A 16 year old on a very bad team leading the Q in points. That's pretty damn impressive.

First in the eastern conference? yes they really suck hard... :rolleyes:

#37-#93-#27*
10-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Wether he's playing with him or not, it sure can't be bad for Sidney's production since the defensive coverage is looking for both of them. And this team seems to be off to a good start, no? I mean, they are first in their division.
That's just nitpicking. I'd also venture to say Crosby is the reason they're first.

BCCHL inactive
10-19-2003, 04:51 PM

It's one game. This isn't "groundshaking", it's more Crosby prospect board spam.

Marmax
10-19-2003, 04:54 PM
the only time Crosby and Pouliot play together is on the Power Play, other than that they play on seperate lines.

They are not playing together but there is a couple other good player with that team. Danny Stewart, Danny Roussin, Dominic Jasmin Riel and Pouliot are pretty good hockey player. If that guy (Roughneck) thinks that Rimouski is a very bad team, he must not watch them very often.

Marmax
10-19-2003, 04:56 PM
That's just nitpicking. I'd also venture to say Crosby is the reason they're first.

Last news hockey was still a team game. Crosby helps them a lot but he is not alone there.

HabLover
10-19-2003, 05:25 PM
C 87 Crosby, Sidney 2 3 5

CRAZINESS DUDE!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY NOW LEADS THE QMJHL IN POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS GUY IS THE REAL DEAL!

Latendresse had 2 + 2 tonight for Drumondville. This big guy could be a good one too!

Has anyone seen both Latendresse and Crosby play this season? Any comparisons?

moosefan
10-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Latendresse had 2 + 2 tonight for Drumondville. This big guy could be a good one too!

Has anyone seen both Latendresse and Crosby play this season? Any comparisons?

I am not going to compare both though I have seen both play. By now you can probably put together Crosbys game yourself, so I will tell you about Latendresse.

Offense:
Great stickhandler, he is very smooth and has great one-on-one skills with the puck, very exciting to watch him handel the puck in traffic and is very strong with the puck. He has good vision on the ice and is a great passer, he has a good shot that is accurate. He goes to the net, is not scared to go into the corners to get the puck out, knows how to generate offense when he is out there and is very good around the net. On his skates Latendresse is very fast with good acceleration and balance, very tough to knock down on his skates.

Defense:
He plays a great defensive game in which his good foot speed allows him to get back on defense, he will dive infront of pucks and tie up sticks. he keeps moving on the ice he never stops so his great work ethic also takes away alot of room on the ice.

Physical Game:
this is one thing Latendresse has over Crosby. He loves to hit and plays very gritty hockey. Latendresse is able to give out big hits in open ice or against the boards, he really knows how to let a guy know he is on the ice.

HabLover
10-19-2003, 06:34 PM
I am not going to compare both though I have seen both play. By now you can probably put together Crosbys game yourself, so I will tell you about Latendresse.

Offense:
Great stickhandler, he is very smooth and has great one-on-one skills with the puck, very exciting to watch him handel the puck in traffic and is very strong with the puck. He has good vision on the ice and is a great passer, he has a good shot that is accurate. He goes to the net, is not scared to go into the corners to get the puck out, knows how to generate offense when he is out there and is very good around the net. On his skates Latendresse is very fast with good acceleration and balance, very tough to knock down on his skates.

Defense:
He plays a great defensive game in which his good foot speed allows him to get back on defense, he will dive infront of pucks and tie up sticks. he keeps moving on the ice he never stops so his great work ethic also takes away alot of room on the ice.

Physical Game:
this is one thing Latendresse has over Crosby. He loves to hit and plays very gritty hockey. Latendresse is able to give out big hits in open ice or against the boards, he really knows how to let a guy know he is on the ice.

Thanks....sounds like he could be a good one. Hopefully I'll see him play at some point.

Le Golie
10-19-2003, 11:21 PM
Thread bashers,

As a hockey fan who often visits this site to read about all that is significant, interesting and new in the hockey world I would like to speak up for a second.

When a 16 year old kid has 5 points before the second period horn sounds I want to hear about it. I'm sure I'm not alone. I don't always check the sporatic post thread because it isn't a must read every time I come to the site.

I appreciate the fact that I was able to log on in a bit of a rush and find out about what was happening. It is certainly a significant accomplishment for a 16 year old and it's a piece of information that is of interest to the hockey community. Isn't that what these boards are for?

Thanks for the information Johnny Wishbone.

Johnny Wishbone
10-20-2003, 12:54 AM
Thread bashers,

As a hockey fan who often visits this site to read about all that is significant, interesting and new in the hockey world I would like to speak up for a second.

When a 16 year old kid has 5 points before the second period horn sounds I want to hear about it. I'm sure I'm not alone. I don't always check the sporatic post thread because it isn't a must read every time I come to the site.

I appreciate the fact that I was able to log on in a bit of a rush and find out about what was happening. It is certainly a significant accomplishment for a 16 year old and it's a piece of information that is of interest to the hockey community. Isn't that what these boards are for?

Thanks Don Cherry.
I did see the thread about Crosby but figured that if I put a post in it, that reader who wanted to hear about the game he was having, would not have read it. Because the game was in progress I decided to make a thread so guys could hear about it now...and maybe check the updates of the game if they had interest. I'm sorry if I made anybody mad....I know we have alot of Crosby postings as it is.

moosefan
10-20-2003, 03:41 AM
Well I find it dumb to have a sticky and just post everything about him in there. This guy is a prospect, one of the better ones in recent memory and they are limiting the amount of post you can do on him. Thing is there was a ton of Fleury, Staal, Zherdev, and Horton things last year and what about this year there will be a ton of Ovechkin, and Schremp posts, are we going to just have stickeys for them as well????? I think we should just be able to post about what ever we want to and if people have a problem with it then don't read it, easy as that.

Capt Tuttle
10-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Thread bashers,

I agree. I think it's great the kid is doing so well. When's the last time a 16 year old was leading a major junior league in scoring. I don't care who he is playing with, he's the one putting up the points! The way Crosby has dominated the scoreboard everywhere he has played is the closest resemblance to a young Gretzky that I can remember. Crosby's performance is certainly entertaining.

gbl1p
10-20-2003, 07:04 AM
Thread bashers,

<b>AMEN!</b>

HOCKEY_GURU
10-20-2003, 07:22 AM
Thread bashers,

agreed, theres good uses for stickies but seems to me in this case its a means to limit the amount of space that people use to talk about Crosby, sometimes this is good because some mororns wanna make a post every time he sneezes but its bad when theres news of interest that people wanna hear about.....sometimes you gotta tell em where to stick there stickies :joker:

AJ1982
10-20-2003, 08:08 AM
This was definitely something I wanted to hear about too, and probably would have missed it for awhile if it was in the sticky thread. 5 points in a game to overtake the leading scorer position as a 16 year older in any major junior league is big news. This was thread worthy news.

Reign Nateo
10-20-2003, 08:44 AM
When something like this happens, I would like to read about it in it's own thread. Crosby has been very impressive and I come to the prospects board to read about him and other prospects. We don't need 74 threads on him, but I don't see a problem with this one.

GB
10-20-2003, 08:46 AM
I agree this deserved its own thread. A prospect scoring 5 points in a game deserves a thread much more than say, an agent having his car broken into. However I do see the need for a sticky for some of the more mundane posts, but things like this do deserve 100% their own thread on the Prospect board of Hockey's Future.

Liam

Fincan
10-20-2003, 10:23 AM
so how many points did Crosby finnish the game with?

5 pts by the second is awesome for the kid. :handclap:

kruezer
10-20-2003, 08:13 PM
so how many points did Crosby finnish the game with?

5 pts by the second is awesome for the kid. :handclap:
Just five, I wonder how much he played in the 3rd, any word Oceanic fans?

KariyaIsGod*
10-21-2003, 04:44 AM
If there is a thread about ONE Ovechkin goal, this thread about 5 Crosby points is completely valid.

Slay
10-21-2003, 08:42 AM
If there is a thread about ONE Ovechkin goal, this thread about 5 Crosby points is completely valid.

It is not about to talk about one goal it is about to see the goal. You know, better one time to see than 100 times to hear ;) So are there any videos of Crosby?

gb701
10-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Just five, I wonder how much he played in the 3rd, any word Oceanic fans?

He must have really sucked in the third. Must be overrated. :rolly:

The kid keeps proving his stuff.

shazata69
10-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Good to see he can rack it up in the sissy Q league which doesn't even know what the word Defence means. Good luck putting those same numbers up out West.

#37-#93-#27*
10-21-2003, 05:04 PM
Good to see he can rack it up in the sissy Q league which doesn't even know what the word Defence means. Good luck putting those same numbers up out West.
Yep it is specially since he's 16 and leading the league, yea that's right, leading among the likes of Bernier and his team mate Pouliot(sp), who both were first round draft picks, are two years older and two years ahead of development.

Like I said in the other post, Mario Lemieux came out of the Q with similar production, were you one of the fools bashing him too?

kruezer
10-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Refer to the Crosby Sporadic Post Thread to see why your arguement holds no value.

kruezer
10-21-2003, 08:17 PM
He must have really sucked in the third. Must be overrated. :rolly:

The kid keeps proving his stuff.
I'm not too sure if what you mean, I was just wondering if he got rested cause they had the game in hand and he was destroying the opponent anyway. I wasn't saying he's overrated cause he didn't score in the 3rd IF that's what you mean, I'll assume it wasn't though.

gb701
10-21-2003, 08:53 PM
I'm not too sure if what you mean, I was just wondering if he got rested cause they had the game in hand and he was destroying the opponent anyway. I wasn't saying he's overrated cause he didn't score in the 3rd IF that's what you mean, I'll assume it wasn't though.

You probably did not deserve my sarcastic response, but since you asked I think it is a bit much to take a 5 point performance in two periods and instead of commenting on that accomplishment, asking how he looked in the third because he didn't get more points.

I have said before that I believe that it is a mistake to go too far in the hype for a bunch of reasons including the fact that it started too young and can go overboard sometimes. I also have come around to actually agree with some of the repeat posters who started the hype in the first place - he really is that good and I don't care what league he is in, he is setting the standard for his year and maybe even for the current generation of prospects. But I think it is going too far to start asking for evaluations on a period by period basis - can you imagine playing under that kind of pressure at 16? What are we all going to say if he has a mini-slump? Or worse - a real slump?

kruezer
10-21-2003, 09:42 PM
You probably did not deserve my sarcastic response, but since you asked I think it is a bit much to take a 5 point performance in two periods and instead of commenting on that accomplishment, asking how he looked in the third because he didn't get more points.

I have said before that I believe that it is a mistake to go too far in the hype for a bunch of reasons including the fact that it started too young and can go overboard sometimes. I also have come around to actually agree with some of the repeat posters who started the hype in the first place - he really is that good and I don't care what league he is in, he is setting the standard for his year and maybe even for the current generation of prospects. But I think it is going too far to start asking for evaluations on a period by period basis - can you imagine playing under that kind of pressure at 16? What are we all going to say if he has a mini-slump? Or worse - a real slump?
Oh don't worry, I am a big supporter of Crosby, I actually meant to ask if he was rested in the third or something like that, I really didn't phrase it right I guess. :)