Moose on Sportsnet 7:30 Sun.

C'nuckleHead
10-19-2003, 05:53 PM
That's right now!

Mizral
10-19-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm watching it too. If you guys want, jump into gamenightchat & chat about it as you watch it!

C'nuckleHead
10-19-2003, 06:06 PM
I find game chat too distracting for my non-multitasking brain. :D

Some raw skill out there for the Moose. Great looking power play!

Riven
10-19-2003, 06:13 PM
The three noticeable players, so far, have been Kesler, Koltsov and Auld.

Auld looks very solid. I keep hearing comments about his mediocre play. But, whenever I see him on TV, he looks very sharp. Likes to look good for mom, I guess.

C'nuckleHead
10-19-2003, 06:19 PM
The three noticeable players, so far, have been Kesler, Koltsov and Auld.

Yep. And Reid. Just scored.

Fedorov was riding the pine after that 6 minute penalty.

Red
10-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Koltsov's stickhandling is amazing.

Edonator
10-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Is this live or the game from a couple of nights ago?

C'nuckleHead
10-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Is this live or the game from a couple of nights ago?

A repeat from this afternoon.

Avery4Byng*
10-19-2003, 06:42 PM
is there any fights in the game?

Thalia
10-19-2003, 06:46 PM
A repeat from this afternoon.
Well you better not tell us who wins then!

Darn, I just tuned in. I knew I was supposed to be watching something else instead of Meet the Royals. :rolleyes:

Thalia
10-19-2003, 06:49 PM
A very nice save by Auld; stacked the pads. He looks good so far but I just tuned in about ten minutes ago.

Reid's trying to work his way back up to the big club eh.

nazzy
10-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Did you guys also get it live earlier in the day? Apparently it's supposed to be only the digital cable/sattelite subscribers that get it live but I'm on normal cable and watched it as I woke up.

C'nuckleHead
10-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Well you better not tell us who wins then!

Darn, I just tuned in. I knew I was supposed to be watching something else instead of Meet the Royals. :rolleyes:

It's my 1st time seeing it too :lol:

C'nuckleHead
10-19-2003, 07:06 PM
Did you guys also get it live earlier in the day? Apparently it's supposed to be only the digital cable/sattelite subscribers that get it live but I'm on normal cable and watched it as I woke up.

Your with Sportsnet Pacific? In Vancouver at game time we had racing.

C'nuckleHead
10-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Fedorov still looks to shoot without considering a teammate.

Impossibles
10-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Man, are Harry Neil Jr and Bob Cole Jr calling the game?

That is some of the most homer-like play-by-play I've ever heard.

orcatown
10-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Fedorov's game got ruined by the cheap 6 minutes in penalties in the first and then getting deservely benched by Syml. Looked mostly intend on extending scoring streak after that. Still if you had to pick the player with the most potential off that effort it would be Fedor.

Great pass by Weldwood. Between the legs saucer pass. Naturally Holden blew the finish.

Overall a great effort by Auld.

Blane Youngblood
10-19-2003, 11:12 PM

It was live on Sportsnet East.

LaVal
10-20-2003, 04:40 AM

i saw it sunday afternoon

nazzy
10-20-2003, 05:51 AM
It was live on Sportsnet East.

Alright I had it live on Sportsnet Pacific, strange. :p

Rageinthecage
10-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Man, are Harry Neil Jr and Bob Cole Jr calling the game?

That is some of the most homer-like play-by-play I've ever heard.

No kidding. Loubardius (or however you spell the moron's name) is one of the worst play by play guys in North America, not just Canada. If I hear his WWE style of broadcasting (or hear him use terms like "disc" and "cage" too much more) I'll lose it. I swear this jackass used to do sports for a Yorkton, Sask. tv station back in the 80's when I was growing up on the prairies. I can't escape this guy. It appears the Leaf bias even extends to the farm team. Not to mention Sportsnet when the Leafs bias used to be restricted to just TSN and the CBC. Wasn't the network aware that the baby Leafs opposition was also a Canadian team with a Canadian parent club? http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Otherwise, great game. Some points for those who missed the telecast:

Auld was spectacular. Both him and Centomo were amazing between the pipes.

Reid was simply dominant every time he was on the ice (although I still maintain that his finishing skills are not NHL calibre).

Vydareny and Grenier are great in their own end of the ice (Grenier even had a couple of assists). Obsut scored a pair.

Komarniski was on defense all night to replace St. Croix who was scratched.

Nolan was back in the lineup and was impressive for a rookie.

Fedorov was justifiably benched for the first half of the game for his ridiculously deserved 6 minutes in minors in the 1st (unfortunate since he was dynamic when on the ice). Had his 5 game points streak snapped. Pass the puck Fedor. Slapshots from the blueline off the rush don't usually beat the goalie at any level above junior.

Koltsov is going to be a NHL powerplay quarterback. What a gifted set of hands and wheels. Problem is, he's absolutely horrible when he doesn't have the puck. Smyl has a serious project on his hands. Oh well, he's still young. I don't want to sound like a moron here, but maybe he should be converted to a forward. He'll never have NHL calibre size or strength imo to handle players in front of the net. In the offensive zone however, Koltsov rivals Naslund's set of hands. Something to think about (let the flaming begin http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif).

Kesler was simply as advertised. Hard working, mature, smooth skating, excellent defensively, good on draws, fiesty, strong along the boards and on his skates, and possesses some decent offensive upside. Perhaps since Lindgren is out for a few months, Kesler should be called up after our next forward injury, to play center with Arvedson and Linden (enabling Trevor to shift back to the right side). Kesler may shine with great linemates such as these two.

Justin Morrison was one of the best forwards on the ice besides Reid. Unfortunately, he's even more inconsistent than the average, prototypical power forward. According to most Moose fans, his play fluctuates from one extreme to the other. A shame considering his raw skills and size.

That's all. Amazingly enough, the next Sportsnet AHL telecast involves the baby Leafs again, as well as the new Toronto franchise. Coincidence or homerism?

Impossibles
10-20-2003, 09:53 AM
That's all. Amazingly enough, the next Sportsnet AHL telecast involves the baby Leafs again, as well as the new Toronto franchise. Coincidence or homerism?

In case you didn't notice, this is a telecast only because the baby leafs are playing. It's just convenient for sportsnet that the moose are the opposition, so they can show it in the pacific region and get some extra ratings.

Af far as feds goes - I only saw the 3rd, and all his chances came from good back-checking in the neutral zone, forcing leafs' players to cough up the puck. Most of those times he was by himself, so blaming him for shooting from the blue line (more like top of the circle) isn't very fair.

Sounds like feds is playing with some dertermination, maybe he will actually turn around his career this year.