Last night was one game

Old Hickory
10-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Just one game, we didn't lose a playoff series or ou 5th game in a row. It was one lousy game. Lets not lose perspective

Ok here is the optimist in me.

We have lost 2 games so far. Both we were leading and blew the lead and lost in the final seconds of the game.
The Wings did the same thing to the Sens they did to us. And the B's did the same thing to The Ducks that they did to us.

One thing about Coach Murray. He will fix the problem. Jim Fox did have a good point during last nights game "In the first period the Bruins beat themselves, in the last 2 periods they beat the Kings"

We all knew our defense was shaky.And last night it showed. Murray was getting way too much out of Vis, Modry, Holland, Gleason and Corvo. And Zizka has no business being in the NHL. Miller and Norstrom will help solidy the D corps. I am happy with Vis, Modry, Gleason and Corvo.

For a team missing 4 of it's best players, we're doing quite well. Of course we can also do better, but we had to lose sometime

Hockey Moose
10-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Just one game, we didn't lose a playoff series or ou 5th game in a row. It was one lousy game. Lets not lose perspective

We have lost 2 games so far. Both we were leading and blew the lead and lost in the final seconds of the game.
The Wings did the same thing to the Sens they did to us. And the B's did the same thing to The Ducks that they did to us.

One thing about Coach Murray. He will fix the problem. Jim Fox did have a good point during last nights game "In the first period the Bruins beat themselves, in the last 2 periods they beat the Kings"

We all knew our defense was shaky.And last night it showed. Murray was getting way too much out of Vis, Modry, Holland, Gleason and Corvo. And Zizka has no business being in the NHL. Miller and Norstrom will help solidy the D corps. I am happy with Vis, Modry, Gleason and Corvo.

For a team missing 4 of it's best players, we're doing quite well. Of course we can also do better, but we had to lose sometime

thank you!

Old Hickory
10-19-2003, 06:08 PM
thank you!
Now go make another video :handclap:

GoKingsGo28
10-19-2003, 06:59 PM

Yea but it is scary, because we did it in Detroit and ALMOST in Chicago. Just hope it doesn't continue.

Old Hickory
10-19-2003, 08:23 PM
Yea but it is scary, because we did it in Detroit and ALMOST in Chicago. Just hope it doesn't continue.
It's tough to play "prevent defense" without a defense

agentfouser
10-19-2003, 08:24 PM

that's an excellent point. during preseason, someone (i think it was kj, jfont, fw, or dfa) made an excellent point about andy murray: he gets more out of less than just about any coach in the league. i think that whoever said that is exactly right, and that's exactly what we're seeing right now. we could easily be 5-0-0-0, and honestly, without four of our top players, we probably shouldn't have any business playing that well, but murray has been able to put a competetive and winning team every night. look at how many other teams could lose those players and still compete. what if anaheim lost federov, rucchin, carney, and whoever they consider their second-best blueliner (havelid?).

bottom line, kingsjohn is absolutely right. we're doing great, all things considered.

you anticipated a question that i was thinking of posing to the boards tonight.

with all the talk of aquiring a dman 'with bite,' and the lack of depth in our defense corps, if we had norstrom, miller, modry, visnovsky, corvo, gleason in the top six and strbak or holland as the seventh and grebeshkov around if the chance arises, how does our defense look?

i think it looks pretty good.

LuckyLUC20
10-19-2003, 08:33 PM
i agree...

you win some, you lose some... you gotta move on. go kings!!!!

TubbyTerrion*
10-19-2003, 11:36 PM
we're doing great???? ok, then... i think i will go back to not reading the board for a while. :)

we sorta stink. in too many areas to be considered even decent.