Micheal Comrie?

Tbg1515
10-20-2003, 12:09 PM
A friend of mine was telling me that FLorida and Edmonton are close to a
Comrie for Stephen Weiss & Draft pick deal.......Is this true, And if so could the Devils package maybe

NJ Gets: Comrie
EDM Gets: Bicek, & #1 Pick or some kind of package relatively close to this......Im just wondering if it could happen Comrie coming to the Devils without the devils giving up too much.

Could you see our lines as

Elias-Comrie-Friesen
Langenbrunner-Gomez-Madden
Pandolfo-Larionov-Rupp/Radmussen
Gionta/Berglund-Rasmussen-Marshall

Could work

Slats432
10-20-2003, 12:17 PM
Comrie for Stephen Weiss & Draft pick deal.......Is this true, And if so could the Devils package maybe

EDM Gets: Bicek, & #1 Pick or some kind of package relatively close to this......Im just wondering if it could happen Comrie coming to the Devils without the devils giving up too much.

Elias-Comrie-Friesen

Could work

The statements as I have heard (The Weiss Rumour notwithstanding)...

Lou: I am not interested in Mike Comrie.

Kevin Lowe: The only way I am going to move Comrie is for a package that includes either a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman.

If you believe that either one of the statements are true then the chances for Comrie to be a Devil are pretty much nil.(Based on your proposal)

FacelessButcher
10-20-2003, 12:25 PM

Elias-Comrie-Friesen

Could work
Was your friend just parroting the rumour heard off spector's or does he have an inside source?

Brodeur
10-20-2003, 12:26 PM
Bicek has zero value, he was available on waivers and every team in the league decided that they didn't have an NHL roster spot for him.

Only things of interest to Edmonton from our team would be Gomez, Hale, Martin, and maybe Ahonen. I'm doubting Lou would move Gomez for Comrie, mostly based on salary considerations.

If the Blackhawks are off the playoff hunt after the new year, maybe Alexei Zhamnov would be a realistic target. Off the top of my head, I think he's unrestricted after this season.

Slats432
10-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Was your friend just parroting the rumour heard off spector's or does he have an inside source?
If you believe Kevin Lowe then that Florida rumour is horsecrap too.

Brodeur
10-20-2003, 12:28 PM

Probably the first..........although Weiss would certainly fit Edmonton's mold: Cheap, young, with decent upside.

FacelessButcher
10-20-2003, 12:28 PM
If you believe Kevin Lowe then that Florida rumour is horsecrap too.
why do u say that? did he make a statement?

Missionhockey
10-20-2003, 01:00 PM
I don't think the Devils are willing to part with any of their top 6 yet. Maybe later on in the year but I would rather we stand pat for right now. If Friesen or Langenbrunner don't perform during the season I can see them being parted with. Same with Gomez and Elias. We don't have a 2nd line center or a 1st line RW to part with.

Guttersnipe
10-20-2003, 06:41 PM
The "rumor mill" at cbs.sportline.com had this bit about Comrie, but no one is directly quoted... :dunno:

Not surprisingly, the New York Rangers, run by former Oilers GM Glen Sather, have been mentioned as a possible destination for Comrie, but the majority of rumors of late have speculated the Devils would get into the bidding by offering Scott Gomez. But with New Jersey getting off to a good start in defense of its Stanley Cup title and Devils GM Lou Lamoriello not sure what it will take to get Comrie signed and how long he'll need to get it shape, a move likely isn't imminent.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/story/6435297

Blackjack
10-21-2003, 06:33 AM
But with New Jersey getting off to a good start in defense of its Stanley Cup title...

Say what? :dunno: