Tonight. Panthers visit the Rangers

jacksheit
10-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Hey-o panther fans.
Tonights game i predict a panthers loss, with the rangers checking the crap outta the panthers..
also the score is 1-0 for the rangers. lindros score... LINDROS.
how bad is that

Coolburn
10-20-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm good at predicting the score but usually for the other team :mad: Let's see if I can get it right this time. I think Keenan lites a fire under a few guys' arse and the Cats finally shoot the puck and shut out the Rags 3-0. My guess on goals are Bednar, Bouwmeester, and Campbell (hey it would be poetic, don't you think).

jacksheit
10-20-2003, 02:58 PM
I'm good at predicting the score but usually for the other team :mad: Let's see if I can get it right this time. I think Keenan lites a fire under a few guys' arse and the Cats finally shoot the puck and shut out the Rags 3-0. My guess on goals are Bednar, Bouwmeester, and Campbell (hey it would be poetic, don't you think).

um the rangers r already leading 1-0

Coolburn
10-20-2003, 03:00 PM
Yeah I didn't even realize how late it is and just saw the score. I guess I'm guessing the scores for the other team again so maybe FL gets shut out 3-0...I need to stop predicting scores.

#edit# Having watched most of the 2nd period, Trnka has been playing EXTREMELY well on both even strength and the PK. And then the Rags go head hunting for him. In general, I notice that the Cats are shooting more but they're not really high percentage type shots. But the play is encouraging moreso than previous games.

jacksheit
10-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Yeah I didn't even realize how late it is and just saw the score. I guess I'm guessing the scores for the other team again so maybe FL gets shut out 3-0...I need to stop predicting scores.

#edit# Having watched most of the 2nd period, Trnka has been playing EXTREMELY well on both even strength and the PK. And then the Rags go head hunting for him. In general, I notice that the Cats are shooting more but they're not really high percentage type shots. But the play is encouraging moreso than previous games.

Hey man did Horton win his fight??

FlaPanthers7
10-20-2003, 03:41 PM
2-0 now. Poti just ripped one past Luggy. :cry:

jacksheit
10-20-2003, 03:56 PM
did horton win his fight???

Pantherfemme
10-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Hard to tell, he was on the for most of it... looked like they were wrasslin instead of fighting. I couldnt believe Odelin and Barnaby got into it. Since when was Odie a fighter? And did u all happen to catch Trnka getting his head slammed into the boards from Simon? Ouch, tha was painful to watch the replay but thank GOD hes ok.... right now 2-1 Rags... well, we got one :rolleyes:

jacksheit
10-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Hard to tell, he was on the for most of it... looked like they were wrasslin instead of fighting. I couldnt believe Odelin and Barnaby got into it. Since when was Odie a fighter? And did u all happen to catch Trnka getting his head slammed into the boards from Simon? Ouch, tha was painful to watch the replay but thank GOD hes ok.... right now 2-1 Rags... well, we got one :rolleyes:

did Campbel win his fight?????

Thewbacca
10-20-2003, 04:48 PM
No he got pounced by Barnaby. I think Campbell shot the puck after the game ended and that pissed off the Rangers. It was in the Panthers end and I think Campbell was probable not happy with the lost. We will win against New Jersey though....0 and 3 here we come 0 and 4!

Mathias
10-20-2003, 04:49 PM
I couldnt believe Odelin and Barnaby got into it. Since when was Odie a fighter?

Lyle Odelein has over 120 fights in his NHL career. His card includes Randy McKay, Craig Berube, Chris Nilan, John Kordic, Dan Kordic, Gino Odjick, Tony Twist, Basil McRae, Dave Brown, Jim McKenzie, Ken Baumgartner, Chris Simon and Bob Probert among others.

Lyle Odelein was a very solid fighter earlier in his career. Now he is on decline in the fight department, but he is still be able to throw a couple of punches.

Also, Matthew Barnaby and Lyle Odelein are not the best of friends, on or off the ice. They have fought over 7 times. So there is no surprise they found each other on the ice and decided to duke it out.

evildreams
10-20-2003, 04:50 PM
1 goal against the rangers; what a ****ing joke :joker: oh, did i mention we lost? these are the games, though few and far between, that we are SUPPOSED to win (believe it or not!). just think of it like this, people: every games that goes by this way drives luongo further away from resigning when his contract is up.

Thewbacca
10-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Also, it was nice to see Michael Russo chat before the game. He said Luongo has been playing great but he is not sure how long he can keep up with the shots before they wear him down. Also, he said Luongo is a great goalie and he felt sorry for what he has to go through each night working his arse off and never having his team get him the win.

Coolburn
10-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Horton was slow to drop his gloves in that fight with Malakhov. And giving up some size (surprising I know), Horton just basically wrestled him to the ground instead of really throw any punches. It would've seemed that he lost but I don't think Vladimir won it either.

Disappointing loss but it didn't seem to be for lack of offensive effort this game. Seems like a lotta bad officiating and actually surprisingly shaky goaltending by Luongo.

Thewbacca
10-20-2003, 04:56 PM
1 goal against the rangers; what a ****ing joke :joker: oh, did i mention we lost? these are the games, though few and far between, that we are SUPPOSED to win (believe it or not!). just think of it like this, people: every games that goes by this way drives luongo further away from resigning when his contract is up.
Clearly this team does not deserve Luongo. I don't even think there will be any team when Luongo's contract runs out.

Heimy
10-20-2003, 05:18 PM
rumors goin' around that Luongo asked to be traded

or not :rolleyes:

Takkie
10-20-2003, 05:21 PM
would you blame him?
this team is pathetic. they are playing worse than they should be. they dont play defense, they arent good at offence. they dump and no one chases. they over pass and noone shoots. they dont stick up for luongo when he gets run at. i wouldnt blame luongo at all for wanting to get out of here and actually winning for a change, and not having to face 30+ shots a game.
maybe we should trade him to the avs for Tanguay and Skoula and some picks. maybe that way he'll actually win something in his career.

Clint
10-20-2003, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Heimy]rumors goin' around that Luongo asked to be traded

QUOTE]

Dammit Heimy, God forbid! When I read that my stomach absolutely dropped, no joke! Good thing you were just joking...(you were just joking, right?) :p

One-eyed Jack
10-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Lyle Odelein has over 120 fights in his NHL career. His card includes Randy McKay, Craig Berube, Chris Nilan, John Kordic, Dan Kordic, Gino Odjick, Tony Twist, Basil McRae, Dave Brown, Jim McKenzie, Ken Baumgartner, Chris Simon and Bob Probert among others.

Lyle Odelein was a very solid fighter earlier in his career. Now he is on decline in the fight department, but he is still be able to throw a couple of punches.

Also, Matthew Barnaby and Lyle Odelein are not the best of friends, on or off the ice. They have fought over 7 times. So there is no surprise they found each other on the ice and decided to duke it out.

No surprise at all...remember when Barnaby made the statement years ago about Odelyn looking like Cornelius from the Planet of the Apes?

Heimy
10-20-2003, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=Heimy]rumors goin' around that Luongo asked to be traded

QUOTE]

Dammit Heimy, God forbid! When I read that my stomach absolutely dropped, no joke! Good thing you were just joking...(you were just joking, right?) :p

Oh course I was kidding. If you listen to some of these Panther fans you'd think the Cats didn't outskate, outcheck, outshoot, outhustle and outwork the Rags tonight. Sometimes the scoreboard doesn't tell the whole story but I'll betcha if you asked an objective Ranger fan they'd tell you the Panthers gave 'em all they wanted and more.

The truth is Loungo proved he's merely mortal on rare occations and that was the key difference tonight.

evildreams
10-20-2003, 07:36 PM
Oh course I was kidding. If you listen to some of these Panther fans you'd think the Cats didn't outskate, outcheck, outshoot, outhustle and outwork the Rags tonight. Sometimes the scoreboard doesn't tell the whole story but I'll betcha if you asked an objective Ranger fan they'd tell you the Panthers gave 'em all they wanted and more.

The truth is Loungo proved he's merely mortal on rare occations and that was the key difference tonight.

heimy, as usual you're correct. It's an honor to be in your presence. I bow to your brillance. :bow:

Profet
10-20-2003, 08:04 PM
but I'll betcha if you asked an objective Ranger fan they'd tell you the Panthers gave 'em all they wanted and more.

The truth is this....that was a horribly officiated game.

While I understand the gut reaction to believe the other team was out to intentionally hurt one of your players, I really don't see how the Simon penalty could be deemed "elbowing" and lead to a game misconduct...

If you watch the replay Simon clearly sidestepped then shoved the opposing player... And the shove was a general "get out of my way" shove...There is no way his intention was to shove him face first into the boards. Simply because there wasn't even enough time to make that decision.

That said, the Rangers got away with a lot as well.

Other than the Poti goal, Luongo had a decent night. Florida failed to capitalize on the apparently fatal flaw of the Rangers....beating the opposing teams forecheckers. As I'm sure you saw tonight you put any kind of pressure on the Rangers' inept defensive pairings and the system crumbles. It seems the only defenseman capable of a first pass out of the zone is out indefinitely with an ankle injury. Fortunately Florida's forecheckers didn't provide constant pressure.

Also, someone posted about Horton being slow on the draw with the Malakhov fight. What was that about? I hope you weren't inferring that Malakhov jumped the kid. That fight was clearly instigated by Horton.

Just out of curiosity how did you guys feel about Lundmark's play? Tonight was his first night on the top line.

Coolburn
10-21-2003, 02:39 AM
Also, someone posted about Horton being slow on the draw with the Malakhov fight. What was that about? I hope you weren't inferring that Malakhov jumped the kid. That fight was clearly instigated by Horton.No my point was that its kinda hard to win a fight (and yes Horton did instigate it) when you don't drop your gloves first, especially against a bigger opponent like Malakhov. Personally, I like Horton's attitude but just thought he bit off more than he could chew in that situation.

PantherboyHTR
10-21-2003, 02:46 AM
How many times can teams score those long goals on us? I hate that about Loungo, he can make some really amazing saves, and let ones in from like outside the blue!? UGH! :rant:

Pantherfemme
10-21-2003, 04:07 AM
Clearly this team does not deserve Luongo. I don't even think there will be any team when Luongo's contract runs out.

When does his contract run out? Lord help us when it does because Luongo is no dummy, he'll be packing up for sure. And his defense, the cats deserve what they get because they surely dont show their goaltender the respect he deserves by letting him get pelted by shots game after game.

patastrophe
10-22-2003, 01:39 AM
When does his contract run out? Lord help us when it does because Luongo is no dummy, he'll be packing up for sure. And his defense, the cats deserve what they get because they surely dont show their goaltender the respect he deserves by letting him get pelted by shots game after game.

he is either signed through this season or next, and CANT go anywhere due to his restricted free agent status because of his age.

if he were to hold out to try and force a trade to another team, wed get something outstanding in return, since the whole rest of the league knows hes the real thing...a.k.a. a franchise goalie.