That NBA Thing ...

jacketracket*
01-20-2006, 12:05 PM
... kind of surprised that nothing has been mentioned here yet about the player going into the stands in Chicago --- thought his wife was being harassed. I no longer follow the NBA, so I don't know his name.

Anyway, he was suspended for 5 games --- the league supposedly took into consideration the circumstances with his wife being in an altercation.

Discuss!

Ajacied
01-20-2006, 12:08 PM
That was Antonio Davids, head of the NBA players Assosiation, which is pretty ironic.

Pretty funny though, but I think everybody would've done the same. His family got harassed and the security did nothing about it (probably didn't see it).. Every man would come up for his family, regardless whether you're playing a game of basketball or not.

Tuggy
01-20-2006, 12:10 PM
The guy who was allegedly "harassing" Davis' wife is now sueing Davis for like a million bucks. Something along the lines of slander and assault.

jacketracket*
01-20-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't know ... from what I've read and heard, sounds like his wife is a real pip. Maybe he should have considered the source of the brouhaha?

Teemu
01-20-2006, 12:12 PM
The NBA had its hands tied. They can't have a double standard for when it's ok to enter the stands and when its not. Davis was just trying to protect his family, and I think everyone, including the NBA, understands that.

Troy McClure
01-20-2006, 01:08 PM
The guy who was allegedly "harassing" Davis' wife is now sueing Davis for like a million bucks. Something along the lines of slander and assault.
He's also claiming that she launched into a profanity laced tirade and hit him a lot. All in front of her kids.

This guy is after money.

Chileiceman
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Only in America