Palffy

oilersboy
10-20-2003, 03:14 PM
I watch some of the kings game and Palffy is awesome. The best player in the NHL this year. Before the season began, I predicted that Palffy will win the Art Ross and the Hart. With who is Ziggy playing and he average how many minute per games? I would love to have Ziggy in my team. I just hope that my favorite player does not get injured. You will be a deadly team when Allison and Deadmarsh come back.

willie
10-20-2003, 03:27 PM
The funny thing is, Palffy really hasn't had that great of a start this year. While he certainly hasn't played bad, his first 5 games have not really been anywhere near as dominant his last 35 or so from last year. (yet is avg. 2ppg, go figure :dunno: ) I've said it before but Palffy had 1 of the 5 best individual seasons last year. The fact that he managed to finish top-10 in scoring LITERALLY by himself (ie. poor linemates & defenses only having to key in on him) was an incredible feat.

He is playing full time with Stumpel as his Center. Both Frolov and Brown are auditioning for the role on the LW side right now. (with Brown looking the better of the two) Even when Allison & Deadmarsh come back, this will still probably be the line combos in order to spread the talent around.

oilersboy
10-20-2003, 03:54 PM
The funny thing is, Palffy really hasn't had that great of a start this year. While he certainly hasn't played bad, his first 5 games have not really been anywhere near as dominant his last 35 or so from last year. (yet is avg. 2ppg, go figure :dunno: ) I've said it before but Palffy had 1 of the 5 best individual seasons last year. The fact that he managed to finish top-10 in scoring LITERALLY by himself (ie. poor linemates & defenses only having to key in on him) was an incredible feat.

He is playing full time with Stumpel as his Center. Both Frolov and Brown are auditioning for the role on the LW side right now. (with Brown looking the better of the two) Even when Allison & Deadmarsh come back, this will still probably be the line combos in order to spread the talent around.

Thanks
If he is not injured, he could pass the century mark in points
Frolov Stumple Palffy
Deadmarsh Allison Robitaille
This is a very good top six. One of the best in the west
LA vs Edm in the western final :)

kingbrath
10-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Thanks
If he is not injured, he could pass the century mark in points
Frolov Stumple Palffy
Deadmarsh Allison Robitaille
This is a very good top six. One of the best in the west
LA vs Edm in the western final :)

I would love to see an L.A Edmonton series, me being a Kings fan in Red Deer I am mostly surrounded by Oilers fans and only get to see my team play 4-5 times a year....seeing them in playoff action would be great....heres hoping they finish 4th & 5th!!!

jfont
10-20-2003, 07:52 PM
I would love to see an L.A Edmonton series, me being a Kings fan in Red Deer I am mostly surrounded by Oilers fans and only get to see my team play 4-5 times a year....seeing them in playoff action would be great....heres hoping they finish 4th & 5th!!!
or 1st and 8th... ;)

Joe Dokes
10-21-2003, 11:00 AM
It sure would be fun to add some new chapters to the Edmonton vs. LA playoff history books.

I Am Ziggy Palffy
10-21-2003, 01:07 PM
i ahve to admit...i've been pryed away form the tv 3 out of 5 games this year...stuff always comes up...
but in previous years, it always seemed like palffy had the potential to be one of the best...jus watching him stick handle and his vision on the ice is amazing...but it seems like he didnt alwasy try...so i was wondering...for thsoe who have seen all the games this year....has palffy been the leader he was the 2nd part of last year and giving it his all

I Am Ziggy Palffy
10-21-2003, 01:10 PM
i think the best evidence for palffy's domincance last year was his +22 rating...no matter which minor league player he was lined up with...he still produced and dominated the game

by the way,...it seems like palffy takes some of the biggest hits...i'm alwasy scared tat plaffy would take a big hit and decide to take the rest of the nite off...jus my oppinion

Frolov 6'3
10-22-2003, 02:21 AM
Palffy has become a complete player compared with his first years. It looks like he has become a passer instead of a goalscorer. The past games he got several attempts for a shot on the PP but he prefered to pass.

swinginutter*
10-22-2003, 03:30 PM
Palffy has become a complete player compared with his first years. It looks like he has become a passer instead of a goalscorer. The past games he got several attempts for a shot on the PP but he prefered to pass.

I agree he is a more complete player. Ziggy has always been known since he came to LA for his passing and not his scoring. Although he had the nickname of baby Jags back in his Isle days and was a pure sniper, he is a lot different now. Luc was quoted that Ziggy's passing skills were like Gretzky's, and that is a huge compliment. We obviously got him for his scoring touch, but I think Kings management and players alike were overwhelmed, with his passing skills and team first mentality. I don't see to many super stars going down to block shots like Ziggy.
He has some of the softest hands in the league, and he's comparable to Forsberg in the passing dept. He's one of the main reasons that Staples Center fills up every game. He is pure class out there, and he can skin anyone in this league one on one.