Robert Lang?

Tbg1515
10-20-2003, 06:58 PM
I know its far fetched because of his contract but Washington is very unhappy with the way he has played since signing him, but maybe if the devils could get him cheap and have WSH pick up a portion of his salary maybe he would play well with fellow czech Patty Elias

Just suggestions after reading some hockey books

Unthinkable
10-20-2003, 07:07 PM
I know its far fetched because of his contract but Washington is very unhappy with the way he has played since signing him, but maybe if the devils could get him cheap and have WSH pick up a portion of his salary maybe he would play well with fellow czech Patty Elias

Just suggestions after reading some hockey books

Supposedly the Caps are pondering whether to fish or cut bait with regards to dealing the likes of Lang, Bondra, and Jagr. Seems the Caps are considering a pretty big cost cutting overhaul. I read the Red Wings were scouting Lang recently.

Niedermayer21
10-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Lang would be great with Elias, but like you said, we would have to get him on the cheap and the Caps would have to pick up a portion of his salary.

Jagr is poison, but Bondra would look damn good on the right side of Patty and Lang. Wish we had more money. I think Lou will pass and we could really use one explosive line.

Hey, I'm middle-class/working class and so are the Devils. :)

Guttersnipe
10-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Picking up Bondra at the trading deadline has a pipe-dream of mine for a couple of years, for no particular reason. Never happen. It would be pretty sweet though. :D

4check22
10-21-2003, 05:50 AM
Supposedly the Caps are pondering whether to fish or cut bait with regards to dealing the likes of Lang, Bondra, and Jagr. Seems the Caps are considering a pretty big cost cutting overhaul. I read the Red Wings were scouting Lang recently.

I read that too. Doesn't really seem like a Lou move either. Well, not yet anyway. If it was March, I'd say that anything was possible, but the season is still young, and Lou knows that this team will gel. I just hope it gels sooner than December. If we stay at or a little above .500 through November, things will begin to pick up then I think. Madden, Langenbrunner, and Friesen have no excuse. They need to be hard-skating every night. I don't care if they don't score, but they need to be doing other role player stuff like shutting down other lines. JMO