Should the Ref's be fined...

justapantherfan
10-21-2003, 03:53 AM
or held accountable in some way for missed calls.

I know that yes we are all human, but some calls you would have to be blind not to see. And the ones you do in front of refs and don't called are just crazy.

Perfect example: Last nights game, how long was he going to hold Hagman down and have the Ref whisper to him stop it before he was going to call an obstruction call. There were a few more that were done in front of a ref that were not called either.

I hope Keenen sends in the tape to the top dogs and complains that crap like this shouldn't go on.

Thewbacca
10-21-2003, 04:02 AM
Yeah, some guy was holding Van Ryn down 5 feet infront of the ref. He told the Ranger to get off of him but he was still pushing Van Ryn down as he slowly let him go.

Coolburn
10-21-2003, 04:15 AM
I'm sure both Keenan and Dudley will make an official complaint to the league offices about the officiating in the game. And I'm sure the Rags will do the same to tell you the truth. I don't know what was with that squad last nite but they were missing calls, making incorrect calls, and just took over the game completely instead of letting the 2 teams play. I'm sure we'll hear something about it in the days to come.

Pantherfemme
10-21-2003, 04:57 AM
I seriuosly doubt anything will change. Stuff like this has been going on for years and Im sure will continue for years to come... And its in every sport. I witnessed such a thing in game 2 of the WS when an umpire called a guy going to 2nd and out when clearly he was safe. And we wont even discuss that bogus call in last years college football Nat'l championship game in OT ... My point being this... things wont change! :madfire:

Rattrick
10-21-2003, 06:40 AM
Last nights game was seriously the worst reffed game I have ever seen. Holik held Van Ryn down for like 30 seconds RIGHT IN FRONT of the ref. Did anyone else see someone RIP Nilson's stick RIGHT OUT of his hands?? :mad:

justapantherfan
10-21-2003, 06:43 AM
Last nights game was seriously the worst reffed game I have ever seen. Holik held Van Ryn down for like 30 seconds RIGHT IN FRONT of the ref. Did anyone else see someone RIP Nilson's stick RIGHT OUT of his hands?? :mad:

I seen that and it was right after Van Ryn being pinned to the ground.!!!!

justapantherfan
10-21-2003, 06:44 AM

I thought the ref was going to drop and start calling off a 3 count to say he was pinned. :handclap:

justapantherfan
10-21-2003, 06:49 AM
I seriuosly doubt anything will change. Stuff like this has been going on for years and Im sure will continue for years to come... And its in every sport. I witnessed such a thing in game 2 of the WS when an umpire called a guy going to 2nd and out when clearly he was safe. And we wont even discuss that bogus call in last years college football Nat'l championship game in OT ... My point being this... things wont change! :madfire:

And that is the reason why it will never change cause nothing is ever done about it. The only time I have ever heard of a a ref getting fined was when the league went back to 4-4 overtime and the first game they let it start as 5-5 and and the refs and linesmen were fine $1,000.

Not everything is going to get called, but things that are right in your face should have been called.

I think they let the fact that Camplell was there more uptight and affraid to call things.