Some Redemption?

Chaos2k7
10-21-2003, 08:34 AM
Islanders C Scatchard out 4-6 weeks with shoulder injury

UNIONDALE, New York (Ticker) - New York Islanders center Dave Scatchard will be sidelined four to six weeks with a dislocated right shoulder, the team announced Monday.

Scatchard suffered the injury in Saturday's 2-1 win over the Florida Panthers when he was checked by defenseman Pavel Trnka in the third period.

The 27-year-old Scatchard has failed to register a point in four games this season. In 2002-03, he scored a career-high 27 goals and totaled 45 points.

Acquired from Vancouver in 1999, Scatchard has 98 goals and 99 assists in 469 NHL games.

:D

At least we beat them at something... Injuries Incurred...

:yo:

Heimy
10-21-2003, 08:41 AM
Redemption? Well certainly not for Dudley. After the game Trnka played last night aren't any of you wondering why he was placed on waivers? Afterall, the guy earns about 40% less than the league average.

I still can't get over how tight this organization is. :mad:

Chaos2k7
10-21-2003, 08:56 AM
Redemption? Well certainly not for Dudley. After the game Trnka played last night aren't any of you wondering why he was placed on waivers? Afterall, the guy earns about 40% less than the league average.

I still can't get over how tight this organization is. :mad:

Now you are blaming Dudley for players that were exposed and not chosen? I remember that many were hoping that we would lose Trnka's salary in the waiver draft so we could sign Horton and what not.

:dunno:

I personally like Pavel and have been impressed with his play since last last year. He definently played better than Ulanov down the stretch.

Heimy
10-21-2003, 09:07 AM
Now you are blaming Dudley for players that were exposed and not chosen? I remember that many were hoping that we would lose Trnka's salary in the waiver draft so we could sign Horton and what not.

:dunno:

I personally like Pavel and have been impressed with his play since last last year. He definently played better than Ulanov down the stretch.

You're right. Actually most of the blame should probably go to Cohen. But still, it was Dudley that did Cohen's bidding so...

Seriously, aren't any of you pissed, concerned, angry, outraged, etc that (relatively meager) salary considerations outweigh talent when determining who's protected vs who's exposed? We're not talking BIG money saved but we ARE talking (potentially) important talent lost. This single action belies any percieved savvy asset management imo.

PantherboyHTR
10-21-2003, 11:28 AM
At least we beat them at something... Injuries Incurred...

:yo:

Lindros now too, he is out 2-4 weeks with a sprained left chest from last nights game. Teams better be scared now! ;)

patastrophe
10-22-2003, 02:30 AM
id just like to say real quick that celebrating injuries to another team's players is disgusting and classless.

thanks, im off the soapbox.

MoeHowardDavid
10-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Lindros now too, he is out 2-4 weeks with a sprained left chest from last nights game. Teams better be scared now! ;)

:yo: Maybe we'll injure Hurme when we play Atlanta so we don't have to hear people complain about letting him go anymore.

Coolburn
10-22-2003, 02:40 PM
:yo: Maybe we'll injure Hurme when we play Atlanta so we don't have to hear people complain about letting him go anymore.Supposedly, Atlanta is shopping one of their goaltenders and knowing full well that Dafoe won't be on anyone's list...it comes down to Hurme and Nurminen. Unfortunately for Jani, Pasi is playing extremely well so its doubtful they'll move him. Hurme could be with his 3rd team in less than 3 months time...I don't know if that means he's valued or he can't hold onto a roster spot :dunno:

Heimy
10-22-2003, 02:47 PM
id just like to say real quick that celebrating injuries to another team's players is disgusting and classless.

Good call patastrophe. :handclap:

Pantherfemme
10-23-2003, 05:59 AM

I dont think its so much that we are celebrating injuries but its more of a "take that" kind of atitude.. I know I personally hate seeing any of the guys injured (our guys OR the opponent) But maybe some feel some sort of redemption by the fact that these players will be out.... Just my .02

Chaos2k7
10-23-2003, 06:25 AM
I dont think its so much that we are celebrating injuries but its more of a "take that" kind of atitude.. I know I personally hate seeing any of the guys injured (our guys OR the opponent) But maybe some feel some sort of redemption by the fact that these players will be out.... Just my .02

Watch us pickup Hurme for a 7th rounder... That would stop the naysayers...

:joker:

patastrophe
10-24-2003, 01:35 AM
hey, its classless AND its bad karma. i dont want to watch the panthers turn into a less talented version of the kings.

poor b*stards lost visnovsky tonight that brings the tally too:

top center (allison)
top right wing (deadmarsh)
top dman (norstrom)
second dman (miller)
third dman (visnovsky)
depth dman (norton)

top two prospects with a shot at the lineup (cammaleri and aulin)

oh, and ziggy left the game tonight with what theyre calling a back strain...who knows if he'll be back in a game or two.

this is probably attributable to kings fans laughing at kariya and ruccin injuries! (just kidding)