Joni Puurula

montreal
10-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Any word on his injury yet? I was just wondering when he will be back in nets. Thanks.

miklu
10-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Any word on his injury yet? I was just wondering when he will be back in nets. Thanks.

The comeback is in Jatkoaika news:

http://www.jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php?sivu=uutiset&id=2533

He will start with Haukat Järvenpää, but after fully recovering he will come back up to challenge Rob Tallas for the starting goalie spot.

montreal
10-21-2003, 09:28 PM
The comeback is in Jatkoaika news:

http://www.jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php?sivu=uutiset&id=2533

He will start with Haukat Järvenpää, but after fully recovering he will come back up to challenge Rob Tallas for the starting goalie spot.

Thanks. I guess he's playing now or shortly? I also guess that Haukat Jarvenpaa is the farm team?

SergeiK
10-22-2003, 12:36 AM
I also guess that Haukat Jarvenpaa is the farm team?In Finland there are no farm teams. The league which Haukat is playing is called "Mestis" (Former 1. Division). Couple of years ago it was customery that the winner of 1. Division would the chalellenge the crappiest team of SM-liiga (based on the regular season standings). Winner of that series would play SM-liiga next season and the loser would be relegated to Mestis. Now the SM-liiga is closed so that doesn`t happen anymore.

But you don`t need to know this. All you need to know that the Mestis Teams have a mind of their own. Puurula is playing there because Haukat let him - not because it`s their job as a farm team.

About Puurula. He played last night a game against Ahmat Hyvinkaa and allowed five goals. He made 38 saves that night (16+7+15). Ahmat is right now the last team on regular season standings.

The coach of Haukat, Jan Lehti, described Puurula`s performance (translation from Jatkoaika)

- It was really difficult game for Puurula as he stepped back on the ice after a long recovery. He made good saves. Decent performance.

montreal
10-22-2003, 07:21 AM
In Finland there are no farm teams. The league which Haukat is playing is called "Mestis" (Former 1. Division). Couple of years ago it was customery that the winner of 1. Division would the chalellenge the crappiest team of SM-liiga (based on the regular season standings). Winner of that series would play SM-liiga next season and the loser would be relegated to Mestis. Now the SM-liiga is closed so that doesn`t happen anymore.

But you don`t need to know this. All you need to know that the Mestis Teams have a mind of their own. Puurula is playing there because Haukat let him - not because it`s their job as a farm team.

About Puurula. He played last night a game against Ahmat Hyvinkaa and allowed five goals. He made 38 saves that night (16+7+15). Ahmat is right now the last team on regular season standings.

The coach of Haukat, Jan Lehti, described Puurula`s performance (translation from Jatkoaika)

- It was really difficult game for Puurula as he stepped back on the ice after a long recovery. He made good saves. Decent performance.

Thanks for the info, that clears it up.

MaV
10-22-2003, 07:29 AM

But in this case, AFAIK, you could also say that Puurula played there because HPK let him. Haukat needs a goalie.