GDT Blues at Canucks(7:30 pm)Wednesday

Canadian Chris
10-22-2003, 07:23 AM
Since no one is wanting to start one...I'll give it a go.

http://images.canadaplus.ca/profile/bc/58/396908p1.gif VS http://www.sportznutz.com/nhl/stl/images/blues1.jpg

Big Rematch from the first round last year.

TV: none (PPV for those of you with Satalite or Digital Cable)
Radio: CKNW
Net: Not too sure.....NHL.com likely

---------------
I expect to see Hedburg versus Osgood tonight, which should be some good tending, especially if Ozzy keeps playing the way he did last night against Edmonton. Actually, now that I think of it, it COULD be Johnson, because he only played a period last night then got the hook and was replaced by Osgood. Either way, I expect to see Hedburg in net against the Blues.

Head to Head: The Blues are 16-4-3-1 since the 97-98 season. However, they are winless in their last 4 trips to Vancouver going 0-2-2-0.

Last time these teams met was in the playoffs last spring, with the big matchup being Jackman against Bertuzzi...and I expect this to remain the same tonight.

------------------

Prediction: The Canucks come out of the gates strong on the heels of that big win over Buffalo on Monday night, while the Blues struggle a bit to get their legs after playing in Edmonton last night, and then flying into Vancouver. Canucks score early, and are able to hold of the Blues the rest of the way.

Canucks 5 - Naslund(2), H. Sedin, Jovo, and Cooke

Blues 2 - Demitra and Weight

------------------
PREVIEW
Canucks.com Preview (http://www.canucks.com/theinsider/default.asp?sectionID=5&id=868)

Edler Statesman*
10-22-2003, 07:44 AM
TheBrew was supposed to start this one@!!$$@#

Canadian Chris
10-22-2003, 07:54 AM
weak sauce....

I'm sorry, but it is GAME DAY...and there was no thread. Had he been on his game, he would've had it up last night.

People are slacking around here since Jewelly went away....(changed her name) whatever she did....and if I find out she changed her name...oh man....the poop is gonna hit the fan!

degroat*
10-22-2003, 08:49 AM
I seriously doubt that Johnson will be playing tomorrow.. not unless Osgood tweaked something there at the end of last night's game that will prevent him from playing.

BTW.. that's not the current Bluenote...

Mr. Canucklehead
10-22-2003, 09:16 AM
^I doubt we'll see Johnson between the pipes for the Blues for a long, long time(if ever again). Osgood will get the start, and the Canucks fans will be giving him hell all night, same with the rest of the team. :p

~Canucklehead~

Impossibles
10-22-2003, 09:19 AM
any confirmation on who's starting for the nucks tonite?

Blane Youngblood
10-22-2003, 09:45 AM
I'm gonna have to stick with what works.

5-0 Canucks.
H. Sedin, King, Malik, Chubarov, Naslund

Cloutier the shoutout.

colonel_korn
10-22-2003, 11:43 AM
I think they'll go with Cloutier. He played well last game (arguments about that devastating one goal nonwithstanding :) ) and you know he'll be fired up for this game.

Hedberg will see some action for sure next week, we have a stretch of 4 games in 6 nights.

Hobo
10-22-2003, 01:20 PM
Cloutier's last huge save was against Tkachuk to finish off the Blues. He's the No.1 guy coming off a big win against a team he helped kill in the playoffs. I'd be suprised if he doesn't play.

Good to see Hedberg and Cloutier chatting it up after the Buffalo win - they look like they are both great team guys who want to push each other to do better.

Canadian Chris
10-22-2003, 01:25 PM
any confirmation on who's starting for the nucks tonite?

Ya, I figured as much....and would just like to point out. I AM DRUNK!

YES...the beer started to flow today, just after 1pm, and has been going stong between 3 people....we're on pitcher #7 and it's now just before 3:30...I'm not sure I'll make it to my own game day thread, nor the PPV game myself....

AND YES, I KNOW THAT IS NOT THE CURRENT BLUENOTE! THANKS A LOT JACKASS!! :p I just did a google image search and that is what came up. Oh welll.....SUE ME hehe .....LETS GOD CANCUKSC LET SGO!

colonel_korn
10-22-2003, 01:26 PM
Ya, I figured as much....and would just like to point out. I AM DRUNK!

YES...the beer started to flow today, just after 1pm, and has been going stong between 3 people....we're on pitcher #7 and it's now just before 3:30...I'm not sure I'll make it to my own game day thread, nor the PPV game myself....

AND YES, I KNOW THAT IS NOT THE CURRENT BLUENOTE! THANKS A LOT JACKASS!! :p I just did a google image search and that is what came up. Oh welll.....SUE ME hehe .....LETS GOD CANCUKSC LET SGO!

Wow, the weekend really starts early up in Prince George. :lol:

incawg
10-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Wow, the weekend really starts early up in Prince George. :lol:

:joker:

quat
10-22-2003, 02:33 PM
:rolly: I drink go fall down :rolly:

Hobo
10-22-2003, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Canadian Chris]Ya, I figured as much....and would just like to point out. I AM DRUNK!QUOTE]

You type suspiciously well for someone who has imbibed 2 and 1/3 pitchers - you drinking Miller Lite or what? Gonna spew any time soon?:handclap:

TheBrew
10-22-2003, 02:54 PM
TheBrew was supposed to start this one@!!$$@#Sorry Guys i just came here and there was one so next time unless they win tonight

Edler Statesman*
10-22-2003, 05:43 PM
I don't think it's fair for these announcers to keep bringing up Osgood's "amazing record" against Vancouver.. since most of those wins were while playing for an amazing Detroit team, while the Canucks sucked

MVP
10-22-2003, 05:55 PM
i think Sedins and King look a lot better out there than the Big line on the PP, i guess that is a good problem to have for the Canucks.

**** **** **** First shot againt Cloutier = goal.

Mizral
10-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Sopel's goal from H.Sedin & D.Sedin! Nice!

Unfortunatly, Cloutier lets in a weak one from Christian Backman. *Sigh*

tantalum
10-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Sopel's goal from H.Sedin & D.Sedin! Nice!

Unfortunatly, Cloutier lets in a weak one from Christian Backman. *Sigh*

Nothing like a first shot goal to kill any momentum for your team that's up 1-0. And a long shot from the sounds of things.

Ol' Dirty Chinaman*
10-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Is anybody else having problems ordering ?

God I've been on hold with Shaw for a ******* hour now, I don't mind paying but this is just ****ing ridiculous.

If they get to me once second period starts, I'm gonna give em crap and not bother ordering.

orcatown
10-22-2003, 06:22 PM
There are some real fundamental problems with Cloutier's play. He's down far too early and way too deep in the net. He is in no position to attack the puck. Also his puck handling is just atrocious. He looks terrible. I wish it was other wise but that's how it looks to me.

Ol' Dirty Chinaman*
10-22-2003, 06:26 PM
******* YOU SHAW.

Is Cloutier really dropping the ball ?

Thalia
10-22-2003, 06:33 PM
******* YOU SHAW.

Is Cloutier really dropping the ball ?You can always listen to the game on CKNW.

MVP
10-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Huge save by Cloutier on Drake on a breakaway.

LaVal
10-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Sopel puts it in his own bloody net

MVP
10-22-2003, 06:41 PM

And another one

quat
10-22-2003, 06:41 PM
Sopel is scoring all the goals!

Mizral
10-22-2003, 06:42 PM

Sounds like Tkachuk would have scored anyways..

LaVal
10-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Sounds like Tkachuk would have scored anyways..

it would have required a high stick to do so. the puck was over the net and Sopel hit it into his own net with a high stick. you'll see when you watch the replay.

quat
10-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Sounds like Burt is off to his usual slow start. Hope he finds his groove soon. Man, he sure reacts to guys bugging him.

quat
10-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Big line continues to struggle.

LaVal
10-22-2003, 07:00 PM
the twins and King should be eating the big line's minutes tonight.

Thalia
10-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Vancouver needs a much better third period. Naslund an elbowing penalty? That's not like him, he must be very frustrated.

Cloutier sure made three nice saves in a row. The team still sounds really blah... time to wake up.

Mizral
10-22-2003, 07:03 PM
Big saves by Cloutier to hold the fort. If we can get a point or two out of this game, look to that save as the keys to getting this point. Going into the 3rd two goals down would have been the end for us against the Blues.

ttr
10-22-2003, 07:15 PM
Vancouver needs a much better third period. Naslund an elbowing penalty? That's not like him, he must be very frustrated.

Cloutier sure made three nice saves in a row. The team still sounds really blah... time to wake up.

no kidding

Thalia, are you from Thailand btw? nice name

Peter Griffin
10-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Yay Ohlund!!!!!!

IceMelter
10-22-2003, 07:37 PM
Yes! Olie

Mizral
10-22-2003, 07:42 PM
*sigh* Jovo takes a bad penalty, really bad.

One PK made, now another to kill.

I Hate You All*
10-22-2003, 07:43 PM
What's the score?

Thalia
10-22-2003, 07:43 PM
no kidding

Thalia, are you from Thailand btw? nice name
Nope. Thalia is one of the nine muses in Greek Mythology; goddess of light poetry and comedy. :D

Dang. Jovo gets a penalty.

Thalia
10-22-2003, 07:45 PM
*sigh* Jovo takes a bad penalty, really bad.

One PK made, now another to kill.What did he do? I just tuned in again. Yah, it's 2-2! Gotta keep up the pace and quit taking penalties. :mad:

Edit: did Ohlund score on the pp?

Peter Griffin
10-22-2003, 07:46 PM
What's the score?

2 all.

incawg
10-22-2003, 07:47 PM
great save clooooooooooutier

Peter Griffin
10-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Edit: did Ohlund score on the pp?

Yep.

On a side note, everyone got their space on the Cloutier bandwagon again? ;)

ttr
10-22-2003, 07:50 PM
goddess of light poetry and comedy. :D

this really really reminds me of someone, although she's not really a goddess, she's just a housewife from vancouver island with one boy and one girl, and she owns a Jeep cherokee, ......, o, and a gerbil too

btw, what percentage of points are acquired by the swedish players in our team?

Thalia
10-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Bertuzzi just went kaboom on Jackman!

Bu bye Jackman and Pronger. :eek:

Peter Griffin
10-22-2003, 07:52 PM
"Freight train, freight train going my way!"

CFABoy
10-22-2003, 07:54 PM
daamm...hope the canucks score, I'd be mighty disappointed if they don't

LaVal
10-22-2003, 07:56 PM
GO KINGER!!!!

Twins + King = PP Magic

CFABoy
10-22-2003, 07:57 PM
scooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! King !! PP is back on track
I just hate the Blues and Pronger.

Mizral
All I can say is..

This finish is incredible. I can't say if officiating is great here, but all I can say is this...

JASON KING!!!!!

Peter Griffin
Kinger!!!!!!!

incawg
Kings Scores Canucks Win!!%!%

coolhandluke2410
10-22-2003, 07:59 PM
All I can say is..

This finish is incredible. I can't say if officiating is great here, but all I can say is this...

JASON KING!!!!!good game, but it really makes me mad the way the game was called at the end.. just took all the excitement i had, gone... but nonetheless, good game.

LaVal
10-22-2003, 08:00 PM
good game, but it really makes me mad the way the game was called at the end.. just took all the excitement i had, gone... but nonetheless, good game.

no shame in being dissapointed with the calls late in the game. i'd be pretty pissed too if it was the other way around.

cc
10-22-2003, 08:00 PM
why did Pronger get 4 minutes? What did he do?? The Blues unravel in such a short time. It's amazing what a really really big hit will do in a game. Wow, what a momentum shifter.

Ol' Dirty Chinaman*
10-22-2003, 08:01 PM
Not that I'm complaining, but that was a really harsh call on Pronger.

But heck, I'll take the win nontheless.

Bertuzzi had one hell of a nice hit though :D

incawg
10-22-2003, 08:01 PM
gd i love this king kid.

arrrrrrr what a win

jeff962b
10-22-2003, 08:03 PM
11 penalties to 5 for Vancuouver.......................the ref's are a joke. Stl got the same benefit against Washington the other night.

Simply put, road teams are *****ed this year, more than ever.

This isn't a Blues fan whining, like I said the refs called 5 straight on Wash the other night in Stl. 11 to 5 tonight? Gimme a break.

Edler Statesman*
10-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Kinger is such an uninspired nickname... almost as bad as 'cookie' or 'klatter'

I think king jason would be better

can't wait to see the Bertuzzi hit on highlights though

(I have D Sedin, Jason king and Brent sopel all on my sporting news fantasy team)

BCCHL inactive
10-22-2003, 08:07 PM
11 penalties to 5 for Vancuouver.......................the ref's are a joke. Stl got the same benefit against Washington the other night.

This isn't a Blues fan whining, like I said the refs called 5 straight on Wash the other night in Stl. 11 to 5 tonight? Gimme a break.

Since when is keeping the penalties even for both teams in a referee's job description?

Edler Statesman*
10-22-2003, 08:08 PM

You see, what the refs do, is they call penalties when the rules are infracted. They don't call random penalties once in a while on a whim, to make the game more interesting.

cc
10-22-2003, 08:10 PM

the penalties were pretty even up to a certain point but all within a span of 3 minutes, the blues lose something like 4 dmen. Unreal... I'd be pissed off too. I'm guessing Pronger said a bunch of things that the refs didn't like and thus, the extra 2 minutes. I don't know what the slashing calls were all about. Did anybody see them. I was just listening to the radio.

Mizral
10-22-2003, 08:11 PM
I actually have zero problem with the Pronger penalty. That was clearly a reactionary penalty.

What I find curious was the two penalties on Baron & Finley. I didn't see them mind you, but were they any good?

Also, to the guy who said the penalties were 11 - 5, they were 5 - 5 halfway through the 3rd.

Red
10-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Geez, that hit by Bertuzzi. Wow. Just wow.

And watching Kinger take it from Osgood and the d-man before that goal, you have to think he'll stick with the team. He was crosschecked about seven times on that play in front of the net and he took it and scored the goal. He is the anti-Druken thus far - that was just amazing to watch him take it and stick it out to score the goal.

Pronger definitely deserved two minutes but I'm not sure about the rest. Can't really see much from the highlites.

maruk14
10-22-2003, 08:17 PM
The only reason those 2 slashes were called is because both sticks broke. Neither looked that bad, but with the twigs these guys are using for sticks they brake when you look at them cross. Weak calls, IMO.

Pronger's was justified because he went right after Bert after the Jackman hit, ala Jovo on the Linden hit, he just didn't drop the gloves like Eddie did. Bert actually looked like he let up a bit, and the St Louis announcer mentioned it as well. If he really had layed into him Jackman might still be down. Gotta keep your head up when the freight train is on the ice, Barret. :rolly:

Thalia
10-22-2003, 08:19 PM
Chris Pronger wears size 8 skates. I watched an interview of him a while back.

I know this has nothing to do with the game but everytime I see him and I just can't believe such a big man would have such tiny feet. You'd think it would put him off balance but it doesn't seem to be a problem for him.

There, now someday you'll be able to answer the hockey triva question when they ask about Pronger's feet and will be glad to know this useless information. :p

Reign Nateo
10-22-2003, 08:20 PM
I watched the game and the Blues deserved every penalty. They lost their cool. They had zero composure and Pronger cost his team immensley. The slashes were good calls as they were completley out of frustration and unwarranted.

Bertuzzi absolutley leveled Jackman, which is good because he played 21 minutes of lame hockey until that point. Maybe a fat contract will light a fire under his ass?

This was a poor game for the Canucks, but they found a way to win. The Blues should be very dissapointed in themselves, they have no one to blame but them.

The best part is the Blues don't get a point! We got lucky, lucky that the Blues got stupid.

Edler Statesman*
10-22-2003, 08:23 PM
Cloutier should get first star for keeping us in this game.. the Blues could have easily run away with the lead if not for Cloutier

Mizral
10-22-2003, 08:26 PM
No doubt Blues fans aren't responding here so much since they are pretty tired (it's well past midnight there). Things should be interesting here tommorrow, to hear their point of view.

cc
10-22-2003, 08:27 PM

I know this has nothing to do with the game but everytime I see him and I just can't believe such a big man would have such tiny feet. You'd think it would put him off balance but it doesn't seem to be a problem for him.

There, now someday you'll be able to answer the hockey triva question when they ask about Pronger's feet and will be glad to know this useless information. :p

maybe it's one of those things that makes him a good skater...

MVP
10-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Canucks don't have a single plus player tonight while St Louis dont have a single minus player tonight neiter, and Canucks end up winning the game very interesting. A win is a win, as much as i want to bash Cloutier, he performed well other the borderline soft goal he gave up in the first period. He settled down and made 3 big saves at the end of the second period to keep the game close. Jason King and the Sedins got the job done on the powerplay and end up winning the game for the Canucks. Very happy to see that Bertuzzi played with some emotion, although even as a Canucks fan i have to admitt the officals have been favored the home team this season, all you have to do is look at the standing and looking at the road record of most of the team to figure that out.

BCCHL inactive
10-22-2003, 08:45 PM
i have to admitt the officals have been favored the home team this season, all you have to do is look at the standing and looking at the road record of most of the team to figure that out.

So now it's the standings that determine how the officials are doing their jobs???

Rageinthecage
10-22-2003, 08:48 PM
Canucks don't have a single plus player tonight while St Louis dont have a single minus player tonight neiter, and Canucks end up winning the game very interesting.

That's what happens when you score all your goals on the powerplay as the Canucks did tonight.

quat
10-22-2003, 08:48 PM

That's really funny. I had a roomate when I lived in Japan who was an amazing athelet, well over 6.2 200 lbs, and had size 8 1/2. Weird. Like the new avatar and the name is classy as well. :handclap:

MVP
10-22-2003, 08:51 PM
So now it's the standings that determine how the officials are doing their jobs???

Well unforunately most of the officals are capable of hearing and can hear that the local fans booing them on every opportunity and place peer pressure on them.

Officals have a tough job, but to suggest that they don't make mistake is naive, i mean they are working on a fast pace environment it is human nature for them to make mistake.

jeff962b
10-22-2003, 09:23 PM
What was it?

3 - 2 man advantages? yeah I have seen that all of ZERO times ever.

Guys relax, like I said it goes both ways. To answer a post earlier, no it is not a refs job to even calls. But they are human, and they do it somewhat. Is it right, course not.

Washington in Stl the 18th got 5 straight called on them. So I can't complain. But it's just funny how it's so home team biased.

Seriously Van played well. Outplayed Stl that game, opinion says no.

KOMO_ROCKS
10-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Very happy to see that Bertuzzi played with some emotion, although even as a Canucks fan i have to admitt the officals have been favored the home team this season, all you have to do is look at the standing and looking at the road record of most of the team to figure that out.

so the team standings are affected by the refs....i dont buy that...a win is a win....cant make excuses when you are on the road

MVP
10-22-2003, 09:49 PM
so the team standings are affected by the refs....i dont buy that...a win is a win....cant make excuses when you are on the road

Remember Andre Savard and Kerry Fraser incident? Home ice advantage is a known fact anyways.

KOMO_ROCKS
10-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Remember Andre Savard and Kerry Fraser incident? Home ice advantage is a known fact anyways.

Of course there is home ice advantage......only when a team is good at home does it happen....sure you will get some calls in your favor, but it can go the other way too....it sucks to see excuses because "we are on the road"....good teams find ways to have success on the road without complaining and *****ing

KOMO_ROCKS
10-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Of course there is home ice advantage......only when a team is good at home does it happen....sure you will get some calls in your favor, but it can go the other way too....it sucks to see excuses because "we are on the road"....good teams find ways to have success on the road without complaining and *****ing

add to that, good teams often do get the breaks and calls even on the road...in order to be good you got to be lucky too

colonel_korn
10-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Just got back from the game...Basically my feeling is that the Canucks were lucky to get out of this one with the win. They played 40 minutes of very sloppy, disinterested hockey. The top line looked pretty bad...they keep trying for the little touch/drop passes in the neutral zone and they almost never work. Bertuzzi in particular had a brutal game, big hit nonwithstanding. He just looked totally lazy out there. And yet he got named second star...though he didn't come out for it. I wonder if he didn't think he deserved it? :dunno: Tonight, and for the past few games, Sedin-Sedin-King have been *much* better than the top line.

Cloutier gave up an absolutely *awful* first goal, but he still deserves a lot of credit because he kept us in the game through the second and early third periods. I don't really blame Sopel for the second goal either, because the puck was arc'ing through the air already and would have been in regardless. I think the blame for that one has to go to Naslund for coughing up the puck at the blueline. Our D was actually quite good tonight IMO. (Aside from Ohlund's also brutal giveaway that led to the Drake breakaway). Salo was actually playing the body tonight which was nice to see. Allen still doesn't look quite comfortable out there though, hopefully that will improve.

Can't complain about the end result though. :handclap: Be sure to check out the interview with King on Sportsnet news tomorrow, after the initial highlight package of the game. They show the whole PP sequence leading up to the GWG...the guy took 2-3 crosschecks from Osgood, 3 or 4 more from other players in front of the net, got knocked to the ice once and still stayed in there to put the winner in. Trent who? :D

:bow: King :bow:

MVP
10-22-2003, 10:06 PM

i don't see any complaining and *****ing. You even admitt there is home ice advantage, so there is really no debate in that regard. Every team going the road has expectation that they are going to be in disadvantage, everyone know that, even the coach admitts it sometimes.

You cannot disregard the peer pressure that the fans can put on officals, i wish officals are just machine during the game and ignore the fans reaction but they are human afterall.

It is not at the stage where it affect the game most the time, but it is one of the factors that can give the home team an edge, that is what home ice advantage is all about.

KOMO_ROCKS
10-22-2003, 10:13 PM
i don't see any complaining and *****ing. You even admitt there is home ice advantage, so there is really no debate in that regard. Every team going the road has expectation that they are going to be in disadvantage, everyone know that, even the coach admitts it sometimes.

You cannot disregard the peer pressure that the fans can put on officals, i wish officals are just machine during the game and ignore the fans reaction but they are human afterall.

It is not at the stage where it affect the game most the time, but it is one of the factors that can give the home team an edge, that is what home ice advantage is all about.

In my mind, home ice advantage really shows in the playoffs more than the regular season....thats when you really see one team getting more breaks than others....in the regular season it is much closer. In order to have a good road team, you have to play within your team system(which is a winning formula for good teams) and play pretty much close to a perfect game(especially defensively).....you cant be could flat footed, otherwise you will get penalties most often. Some teams play better on the road, because they can play a siimpler game and have way less pressure than at home

MVP
10-22-2003, 10:15 PM
In my mind, home ice advantage really shows in the playoffs more than the regular season....thats when you really see one team getting more breaks than others....in the regular season it is much closer. In order to have a good road team, you have to play within your team system(which is a winning formula for good teams) and play pretty much close to a perfect game(especially defensively).....you cant be could flat footed, otherwise you will get penalties most often. Some teams play better on the road, because they can play a siimpler game and have way less pressure than at home

We are basiclly on agreement here, so i guess we better leave this thread back to the posters discussion about the game.

Canadian Chris
10-22-2003, 10:32 PM
YAY...my game day thread rules....:D

and to answer whomever it was that mentioned my half decent spelling while drunk....I tell you this. That little blurb I wrote took about 15mins, of typing something, noticing it was spelled wrong, and going back and fixing it like 3 or 4 times.

And to answer the question as to what we were drinking...PWB 360....not great, not bad...but for $12.50 a pitcher, you really can't go wrong...and whne I only throw in maybe $20 I am happy :D

tantalum
10-23-2003, 02:10 AM

Yeah but take away the 4 unsporstmanlike penalties to Drake and Pronger and a too many men on the ice infraction and you have a 6-5 game for the common infractions.

TheCustodian
10-23-2003, 07:38 AM
Three 5 on 3 powerplays in one game for Vancouver. That is an absolute joke. Tell me you guys don't get the garbage breaks. Funny how May can crosscheck someone in the face and get only a 1 game suspension. Guess it must have something to do with the fact Burke used to be in the NHL front office. All I have to say is what comes around goes around.

It's funny how Pronger can level Kariya with a vicious cross-check to the lower back and get let off with a slap on the wrist. That action was at least as bad as May's because it was only provoked by Kariya scoring a goal, whereas May's was in response to Mckee mauling and face washing him in the corner and Mckee is a big enough guy to take care of himself, whereas 'Big Chris' didn't have much to worry about decking the much smaller Kariya. Mckee himself said he didn't think May's action warranted suspension and I think he would know better then you.

St. Louis earned each and every one of those 5 on 3's with sloppy and undisciplined play, it isn't the Canucks fault if Bertuzzi can crush a player and incite such a reaction in the other team to completely throw them off their game.

As far as I'm concerned, Bert won that game with that hit.

Take your 'garbage breaks' and get outta here.