Who sits once Turner Stevenson returns?

Unthinkable
10-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Berglund, Marshall, Gionta, Rupp? I'm thinking Berglund will be the odd man out of the lineup unless he turns it up in the next game.

ZadorovNJD*
10-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Probably Berglund (Rupp too, if Larionov is good to go), maybe Marshall if they want to try someone else on Gomez's right.

dennisjs
10-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Gionta. When was the last time this dude scored a goal?

Niedermayer21
10-22-2003, 10:59 AM
I think that Martin and/or Hale will be sent down, or Sean Brown will go to Albany on a conditioning assignment.

If Gionta doesn't start scoring soon, I would seriously think about including him in a deal for a goal-scorer. Eric Daze is having back troubles, but if he is even 50%, we might be able to get him cheap. I don't like trading for injured players, especially ones with back problems, but it might be worth the risk.

NJDevils#4
10-22-2003, 11:56 AM
I think that Martin and/or Hale will be sent down, or Sean Brown will go to Albany on a conditioning assignment.

If Gionta doesn't start scoring soon, I would seriously think about including him in a deal for a goal-scorer. Eric Daze is having back troubles, but if he is even 50%, we might be able to get him cheap. I don't like trading for injured players, especially ones with back problems, but it might be worth the risk.

I wouldn't mind a deal for Daze. Gionta and Berglund haven't really impressed me lately. I thought Gionta would be great eventually, but he has gotten worse, if anything. :(

I Hate Tie DOMI
10-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Who sits out when Turner Stevenson returns? I say Turner Stevenson. What has he done lately besides getting hurt? Put him on waivers or trade him for a draft pick, how many games will it be before hes injured again? 20 at the most. Let Berglund play, he should have played last game.

openicehit04
10-22-2003, 01:52 PM
No way you bench stevenson when he comes back. He will get a shot at the lineup and earn a spot with the team. Did you watch the finals? Finishing every check? With the lack of hitting we have, he is welcomed back with open arms as far as I'm concerned. Rasmussen has been skating great, creating chances and finishing his hits. We need a player of his size, we have plenty of players like gionta and bergy.

I Hate Tie DOMI
10-22-2003, 08:07 PM
No way you bench stevenson when he comes back. He will get a shot at the lineup and earn a spot with the team. Did you watch the finals? Finishing every check? With the lack of hitting we have, he is welcomed back with open arms as far as I'm concerned. Rasmussen has been skating great, creating chances and finishing his hits. We need a player of his size, we have plenty of players like gionta and bergy.

He'll come back and tear his groin/hurt his back/sprain a knee etc.. He is too old and fragile to be doing much of that crashing and banging anymore. I watched the finals and he was hurt the entire time. Great heart and dedication I'll give him that, but Berglund needs a chance to play and sitting Stevenson is fine with me.