will bierk play?

neelynugs
10-22-2003, 01:15 PM
when's mr. bierk gonna see some action? maybe saturday or sunday?

10-22-2003, 01:18 PM
I'd bet either Saturday versus San Jose or Sunday versus Vancouver.

My pick would be Saturday.

CoyoteBaloney
10-22-2003, 01:48 PM
This weekend seems to be a good guess. Although if they let Boucher play against Tampa Bay I don't see why they won't start him against Vancouver and do everything they can to get 2 points from San Jose, a team in their own division.

I would rather beat San Jose thean Vancouver. It is the more important game since they are both in the Pacific Division.

Koltsov71
10-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Are you guys carrying three goalies, or did someone get hurt?

hbk
10-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Are you guys carrying three goalies, or did someone get hurt?

3 goalies.

starman
10-22-2003, 11:07 PM
I'm hoping to see Bierk as our alternative and not Boucher....at least for this weekend. I feel that, whether we blame Boucher for his lack of success with this team, or blame the lack of trust that the rest of the team seems to have playing in front of him, it's definitely beginning (even to those slow on the uptake) to look like he doesn't belong here in Phoenix because of chemistry that has failed to materialize for whatever reason. In any case it's quite possible that if he ends up on another team he may return to his old form, but I seriously doubt he can do that here, unless Burke is injured and he has to step up, and in so doing rediscovers his game. Of course he had that chance last year and tanked. I like Boucher and I've been rooting for him for much of the painful time he has been in Phoenix, but I'm almost ready to let go of him. Since letting him go may involve eating his salary (or a big part of it), I'm inclined to sit with him for a little while longer and give Bierk a chance to shine, which will then make the decision even more inevitable. I have a few questions for others reading this on the boards........ What's the possibility of Boucher being sent down to Springfield? Alternately can we send Bierk down without him having to pass through waivers? Does that even still apply? It doesn't seem to look good as far as trading him as his salary might be considered prohibitive, but we have to do something.

I'll see some of you at the game tomorrow! Let's get up to 8 points!

hbk
10-23-2003, 04:29 AM
I'm hoping to see Bierk as our alternative and not Boucher....at least for this weekend. I feel that, whether we blame Boucher for his lack of success with this team, or blame the lack of trust that the rest of the team seems to have playing in front of him, it's definitely beginning (even to those slow on the uptake) to look like he doesn't belong here in Phoenix because of chemistry that has failed to materialize for whatever reason. In any case it's quite possible that if he ends up on another team he may return to his old form, but I seriously doubt he can do that here, unless Burke is injured and he has to step up, and in so doing rediscovers his game. Of course he had that chance last year and tanked. I like Boucher and I've been rooting for him for much of the painful time he has been in Phoenix, but I'm almost ready to let go of him. Since letting him go may involve eating his salary (or a big part of it), I'm inclined to sit with him for a little while longer and give Bierk a chance to shine, which will then make the decision even more inevitable. I have a few questions for others reading this on the boards........ What's the possibility of Boucher being sent down to Springfield? Alternately can we send Bierk down without him having to pass through waivers? Does that even still apply? It doesn't seem to look good as far as trading him as his salary might be considered prohibitive, but we have to do something.

I'll see some of you at the game tomorrow! Let's get up to 8 points!

Boucher would likely clear waivers. He would have to be exposed again. As would Bierk if Phoenix decided to ship him to the farm.

There are still those of us who aren't 100% sold on Bierk. We're not sold on Boucher either but what happens if you deal Boucher, Burke retires and you only have Zac Bierk left with 17 games of NHL experience and half of those he played poorly. That's a ballsy move for Barnett to make and even with Pelletier and LeNeveu in the system you don't want to throw someone in there and place the fortunes of the franchise on their shoulders right off the bat.

10-23-2003, 05:57 AM
Boucher would likely clear waivers. He would have to be exposed again. As would Bierk if Phoenix decided to ship him to the farm.

There are still those of us who aren't 100% sold on Bierk. We're not sold on Boucher either but what happens if you deal Boucher, Burke retires and you only have Zac Bierk left with 17 games of NHL experience and half of those he played poorly. That's a ballsy move for Barnett to make and even with Pelletier and LeNeveu in the system you don't want to throw someone in there and place the fortunes of the franchise on their shoulders right off the bat.

I don't think Boucher would be subject to waivers yet since he passed through the waiver draft. All players unclaimed can stay with their club for a month appearing in so many games before being sent back to the minors without waivers. But that month is running out and we really don't have the room in Springfield. Nor would I want to expose Lenny to Boucher, who may have some personality issues going to the minors in such a manner.

I wouldn't like to see the team go with Bierk as the starter so much, but you never know unless you try. If Burke is out, then I would definitely like to see more of Bierk this year to make the final decision. In my opinion, this is the last season of Sean Burke as a Phoenix Coyote. If there is a lockout next season, that would put Burke at 40 years old when they returned, or near it if it's not a full season out. I just don't see anyone holding up that long anymore. Burke will be gone by the deadline unless we have a chance in the playoffs.

Then we are left with Boucher & Bierk.

CoyoteBaloney
10-23-2003, 11:19 AM
If you send Boucher or even Bierk down to Springfield you will have to send either Pelletier or LeNeveu down to the ECHL.

I think Lenny should have been in the ECHL from the begining anyway.

ulf
10-23-2003, 01:09 PM
not sure i agree with lenny in the "e".....but the 5 goalies need to be reduced to 4 or hope[doesn't seem right] for an injury so all can get ice time.