Devils listed 17th in prospect rankings

Unthinkable
10-22-2003, 07:23 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

HOCKEY'S FUTURE: NHL organizational rankings

Special to FOXSports.com
Oct. 22, 2003 5:21 p.m.

A look at where each organization ranks when it comes to prospects.
17. New Jersey Devils

Zach Parise, C The recently drafted Parise has tremendous upside as a skilled playmaking center.
Ari Ahonen, G He gets very low rather quickly and hardly allows pucks to slide under him or between the legs. But the intangible that really adds to his game is his confidence.
Paul Martin, D Martin is fast and excellent on his feet. He is able and willing to led his team up the ice and start the attack with his good speed and fine passing abilities.
Tuomas Pihlman, LW Pihlman plays a power forward type game, and with his size, he is able to play that style quite effectively. He has good hands and a better than average shot.
David Hale, D Hale is big, strong, fast, and can skate very well. There are two sides to his game. First, he is a very aggressive, physical defensemen who knows how to punish the opposing team and clear the puck.

Burke's Evil Spirit
10-23-2003, 09:09 AM
That's laughable. Washington is 5th? The Devils are definately better than depth-less cesspool that is known as the Capitals' prospect pool.

MattNJD
10-23-2003, 10:21 AM
This is pathetic, I really didn't want to touch on it on the main boards but I'l do so here. We had one of the top 3 drafts this past season and we only move up 2 spots. Pihlman has a breakout season, Suglobov makes WC, putting up good points in Albany. Martin and Hale make the devils, Vrana was on the CHL all rookie team, Parise averages well over a point per game in college and we are rakned below that many teams. NJ should be around 8th IMHO.

Yea, 17th is just a joke. I agree that AT WORST the Devils prospects should rank around 8th. Perhaps a good as 5th.

Slats432
10-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Of the list there...I prefer the Devils prospects listed over..

Florida
Nashville
Pittsburgh
Edmonton
Calgary
Buffalo
Anaheim
San Jose
Tampa Bay

Yup...I get NJD in 8th.