Brodeur

Jericho
10-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Any idea if Brodeur's playing both games this weekend?

Missionhockey
10-23-2003, 05:02 PM
I'd hope not. He could use some rest.

Tbg1515
10-23-2003, 06:44 PM
i would play him against Pitt being a division game and let Corey play boston being that its home and the crowd can support him.

my line up for friday nite would be

Elias-Larionov-Berglund
Friesen-Rupp-Langenbrunner (Like in the finals)
Marshall-Gomez-Pandolfo
Brylin-Rasmussen-Gionta

Rafalski-Hale
Martin-Niedermeyer
Brown-White

Broduer

I would sit Stevens, & Madden because both have played miserable so far this season especially Scotty........They both may be very fatigued from playing so many minutes in the playoffs against other teams best, but being that Pittsburgh doesnt have to many big stars other then Mario i think we can afford to give them a rest

4check22
10-24-2003, 08:34 AM
i would play him against Pitt being a division game and let Corey play boston being that its home and the crowd can support him.

my line up for friday nite would be

Elias-Larionov-Berglund
Friesen-Rupp-Langenbrunner (Like in the finals)
Marshall-Gomez-Pandolfo
Brylin-Rasmussen-Gionta

Rafalski-Hale
Martin-Niedermeyer
Brown-White

Broduer

I would sit Stevens, & Madden because both have played miserable so far this season especially Scotty........They both may be very fatigued from playing so many minutes in the playoffs against other teams best, but being that Pittsburgh doesnt have to many big stars other then Mario i think we can afford to give them a rest

You seriously want to sit Stevens and Madden? I'm not blind to the poor start by the Devils, but that is a ridiculous solution. First of all, you aren't going to send any message to Stevens. He has done it all. Burns won't keep players out of the lineup for fatigue issues either. He will keep them out of practice but feels that fans pay the $$ to see the best players, so he will play the best players. I haven't seen Madden play, so if others can truly say that he is tanking it out there, then I'll defer to your suggestion. But it HAS TO BE an effort issue with Madden because that is his entire game. His skills completely depend upon his effort, and I can't see the guy taking shifts off because of a lack of motivation.

That is a long way of saying that I don't agree with your proposal of sitting our captain and best two-way forward. My suggestion is to keep the lineup intact and wait for the Devils to rediscover Burns' system completely. Call it fatigue. Call it overconfidence in individual abilities. Whatever. The point is that NJ has played good hockey with let-downs which have led to goals against and therefore losses. Once these guys rediscover the team concept again, all will be fine.

Unthinkable
10-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Something is most definately wrong with John Madden as he's been instrumentally involved in the losses to Florida and Tampa Bay. Its either fatigue, injury, or a combination of both variables. Its not for lack of effort because he's busting his ass out there. Scott Stevens hasn't been looking like himself either through the past few games. Both of them are committing incredibly uncharacteristic mistakes directly leading to opponents scoring goals. I wouldn't sit Stevens unless the flu/strept throat thing is really killing him, but John Madden I might consider giving him some rest off for the one game against Pittsburgh with the intent that maybe he's pressing too hard perhaps. Hope its not a wrist injury he's playing with.