Any Umberger news?

jeffbrown
10-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Anyone know the latest on Umberger? I don't think he's at OSU. So is he just sitting or is he skating with some minor pro or college team?

Fedz
10-23-2003, 08:36 PM
Hes not with OSU...he was skating with the Pittsburgh penguins before the season started...my guess hes working out with a personal trainer, on and off ice!

nazzy
10-23-2003, 09:47 PM
An exclusive interview is coming up in the next week or two, please let me know what you guys want to know about how the negoiations are going or have went, what are his feelings, etc or whatever else is just begging to know the truth of. I'll try my best to get everything in.

Peter Griffin
10-23-2003, 09:47 PM
Hes not with OSU...he was skating with the Pittsburgh penguins before the season started...

I didn't know that! I wonder if the Penguins have any interest in acquiring him? A Kris Beech for R.J. Umberger trade could work out well for both clubs...

As for Umberger's situation, he's not eligible to go back to OSU and as far as I know, he can't play in any professional leagues in North America until he signs with the Canucks.

Peter Griffin
10-23-2003, 09:48 PM
An exclusive interview is coming up in the next week or two, please let me know what you guys want to know about how the negoiations are going or have went, what are his feelings, etc or whatever else is just begging to know the truth of. I'll try my best to get everything in.

I wonder if he'd tell the truth about what the Canucks are offering and what he's asking for?

nazzy
10-23-2003, 09:56 PM
I wonder if he'd tell the truth about what the Canucks are offering and what he's asking for?

He's allowed to, his agent has already released those numbers to the press.

theo6060
10-24-2003, 01:18 PM
He's allowed to, his agent has already released those numbers to the press.Where did you read that?