Toby Petersen

Daslin
10-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Where is he? I thought he was a pretty decent player while he was up in the big team a couple of seasons ago or so, has he been traded, fallen back onto the farm team or what? Granted he didn't look like he was going to become a superstar or anything but I thought he was quite useful.

Ticallion961
10-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Farm as far as i know...unless i missed something

too small to become much of a player if you ask me

Jacob
10-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Why do people still underestimate small players?

Because for every Tootoo and Straka, there are several more players like Dwayne Norris, Bob Wren, and Tony Virta.

Koltsov71
10-24-2003, 03:44 AM
Anyways, i am still tryin to see if P-M Bouchard will pan out...that's one waste of talent if he just ends up being a career AHL'er.

He was only drafted in 2002.. Give him some time.

He's doing very well. Six points in seven games. Great young player.

Ticallion961
10-24-2003, 06:05 AM
Why do people still underestimate small players?

Tootoo
Ronning
Briere
Park

Those guys can play, they aren't exactly giants either.

i think Peterson is gonna be stuck in WBS forever unless he tells his agent come trade deadline, trade me to minnesota or something.

Tootoo is built like a truck, so it makes up for his height
Briere is one of the most talatned players in the league
Ronning is so agile it's disgusting...agility makes up for size
i havn't seen enough of park to comment

i just don't know what petersen has to make up for his small stature

Evilo
10-24-2003, 07:15 AM
Tootoo is built like a truck, so it makes up for his height
Briere is one of the most talatned players in the league
Ronning is so agile it's disgusting...agility makes up for size
i havn't seen enough of park to comment

i just don't know what petersen has to make up for his small stature
Something called H-E-A-R-T.
Definately something we could use in Pittsburgh.
Although it's better this year...

Ric Flair
10-24-2003, 07:34 AM
I think it's a significant lack of talent that keeps Toby off the big club.

Spiffy
10-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Because for every Tootoo and Straka, there are several more players like Dwayne Norris, Bob Wren, and Tony Virta. Tony Virta has the talent to play in the NHL. He played 8 games and had like 2 +3 or something. The guy is also an awesome two-way player but wasn't given much of a chance at the NHL level.

The Tang
10-24-2003, 08:54 AM
its nit his size that keeps himf rom the nhl, its the fact we have otehr better than him. his year in the nhl, he had 7 goals. 6 were from 2 hat tricks from mario. which means he had 1 goal in about 80 games. thats bad for someone who is offensive.

GoPenguins
10-24-2003, 02:22 PM
One thing Toby Petersen could be relied upon was to shoot the puck. Now am not saying it was always accurate.... :rolly:

The Tang
10-25-2003, 02:20 PM
IF your gonna talk about Mario assisted goals....what about Morozov then? He feeds off of Mario...Toby didn't look like he was lookin for Mario the whole time, he tried to do stuff himself.

Oh well, i wanted Peterson to be on the big club along with TK but that will never happen.as much as i dislike him, he did better than 1 goal in 80 games. plus, with the abundance of all our otehr prospects who have potetntial, or are hyped up to have, i dont see him ever being put ahead of any of those guys again.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Peterson had 8 goals. 1 hat trick and one 2-goal game.