Keefe put on waivers.

Timmy1973
10-24-2003, 08:52 AM
I saw in the NY Post that the Rangers have put Sheldon Keefe on waivers. Would Jay pick him back up?

exterminator-x
10-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Word on the street is that the relationship between Keefe and Feaster is over. I don't think Keefe wants to come back, and I don't think Feaster wants him back.

Feaster tried to trade a number of times over the last six months, with no takers. Look for Dudley at Florida to maybe stake a claim on him.

joeminus
10-24-2003, 09:33 AM
I saw in the NY Post that the Rangers have put Sheldon Keefe on waivers. Would Jay pick him back up?

Remains to be seen. Feaster said when they lost him that he was hoping to keep all the players exposed, but I'm not sure I completely believe that. I know some people here don't think much of Keefe and I know Keefe doesn't think much of the TBL, but I'd love to see him back. IMO, he's an ideal call-up (versatile, experienced) and still has a lot of upside.

As I posted elsewhere recently, anyone who's followed the Bolts long enough to remember March '02 knows what Keefe is capable of. He set up a game-winner vs. the Kitties, had 3 points including the GWG against the Predlies, scored game-tying goals against Buffalo and Philly on back-to-back nights and started a Lightning comeback with a goal against Atlanta. That's a lot of clutch scoring in a short amount of time. All told, the kid had 9 of his 24 career points (5+4) in the space of four weeks and 14 games. Oddly enough, that's the last time we really saw him get a regular shift. Go figure.

Crossbar
10-24-2003, 09:36 AM
You guys picked him up today.

Rschmitz
10-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Is he worth getting a look and see on one of the top 2 lines eventually? Or continue to play 4th line minutes? I know he had the OHL scoring title in 00 but that doesn't gurantee anything.

petec1978*
10-24-2003, 03:40 PM
He's going to Hershey and my guess is that he's going there to await salvation in the form of a trade a la Shane Willis.

TB_FANATIC with the "82-0" is the Woody Paige of the HF Lightning board regulars.

-Pete Choquette

Rschmitz
10-25-2003, 03:52 PM
true