Game Day Threads

Thalia
10-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Who starts them?

I recently made one up as did someone else and others were very quick to take offense. Obviously some people are very superstitious around here.

Just so we're all clear on the matter: who do you want starting the GDT's... does it really make any difference, do posters take turns etc.?

I'm very reluctant to start any more considering the cool reception I got last time.

Peter Griffin
10-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Whoever wants to can start them. Sheesh, newbies and there never ending questions... :rolleyes: :D

Thalia
10-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Whoever wants to can start them. Sheesh, newbies and there never ending questions... :rolleyes: :D

Well, that's what I think too but like I've said, I'm reluctant to start any more b/c last time I did some people got really upset. I don't want to make anyone (ok, maybe a few people but no one on this board) mad; that's not very nice. :p

BTW, it's spelled their not there. :joker:

Peter Griffin
10-24-2003, 03:09 PM

Hmm, who used to correct my spelling? BTW, that was an intentional spelling error... ;)

WinstonSmith
10-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Well, that's what I think too but like I've said, I'm reluctant to start any more b/c last time I did some people got really upset. I don't want to make anyone (ok, maybe a few people but no one on this board) mad; that's not very nice. :p

You know how old people get when their sense of routine is upset...

Yes, the people on this board are very well behaved and generally good natured... but sometimes their grammar (especially the homonyms) is a delightful source of amusement...

;)

Mizral
10-24-2003, 05:28 PM
but sometimes their grammar (especially the homonyms) is a delightful source of amusement...
;)

r u calling me a homo!?!?!?!?!!!!!1111111

:joker:

Honestly, don't listen to those that whine and snivel. Gameday threads are for anyone to make, though unless you're on a winning streak, let others get a chance to do 'em too.

quat
10-24-2003, 06:26 PM
I just thought it was banter rather than any serious complaints. If anyone actually thinks whoever puts up the game day threads has an effect on the outcome of a game should do some reading about a scientist named (B.F.?)Skinner, and a box he developed (aptly called the Skinner Box), for studying behaviour in birds.

As mammals, we have a strong instinct for recognizing patterns as a way finding food or avoiding predators, and it's just bizarre and extremely funny (and sort of sad) what we think attends to creating a certain result.

With players it can actually be a valid concern, as what the mind believes can positively or negatively influence the quality of play. So if all the Canucks believe that entering the rink in the same order, or touching Hedbergs face mask will bring them luck, then it's possible that it will! lol.

ping
10-24-2003, 06:30 PM
I honestly don't care who posts the GDT but then again I'm not Post Master Extrordinaire (sp?).

Thalia
10-24-2003, 09:18 PM
r u calling me a homo!?!?!?!?!!!!!1111111

:joker:

Honestly, don't listen to those that whine and snivel. Gameday threads are for anyone to make, though unless you're on a winning streak, let others get a chance to do 'em too.Hmmm, weren't you the one that was whining though Miz? :joker: