Who is in net against Islanders??

10-24-2003, 09:43 PM
I'll be at the game tonight. Who is the likely goalie for the Pens??

Jacob
10-24-2003, 11:20 PM
Soderstrom. That's a name I haven't heard in a long while.

10-25-2003, 01:40 AM
and for the isles its Tommy Soderstrom.

......and Roland Melanson is backing him up. :rolleyes:

Koltsov71
10-25-2003, 05:33 AM
If by now you haven't seen, it is Sebastien Caron who will be playing today.

Rowsdower
10-25-2003, 05:49 AM
I think we were all expecting Caron to get the nod...I don't think Fleury should be playing back to back games just yet....Edzo tried in the preseason and he (Fleury) got burned....

Ric Flair
10-25-2003, 06:10 AM
Soderstrom. That's a name I haven't heard in a long while.

For good reason.

Big McLargehuge
10-25-2003, 06:50 AM
wasn't Soderstrom the guy who allowed Lemieux's 600th goal?

Or was that Salo?

GoRyanMalone
10-25-2003, 12:18 PM
For good reason.

I don't get it, why?

Wingboy2999
10-26-2003, 06:53 AM
I think we were all expecting Caron to get the nod...I don't think Fleury should be playing back to back games just yet....Edzo tried in the preseason and he (Fleury) got burned....

Look like that really helped....

patp77
10-27-2003, 12:53 PM

Something tells me that it's not when Fleury plays back to back games but when th Pens play back to back games, they get burned.

I didn't watch that game but I've seen some coverage of the Pens on TV here and there and all I have to say is WOW you sure have a nice goalie on your hands. I don't know if he can keep it up over the course of a season or a career but if he does, Pittsburgh fans definately have something to look forward to (as long as they're willing to stick it out while the team rebuilds).

I can just imagine what this team might look like if you pull off getting Ovechkin and Crosby in the next two years. Of course, if you do get them, it would probably be due to two long years but anyhow, it's just something to possibly look forward to.

I also really like some of the young kids you have on this team. Koltsov and Morozov are two players that I really liked watching against Montreal. Flashy players with good skill.

Anyways.. just thought I'd drop my 2 cents on this situation.