Pittsburgh: 1-3-2-0, 4 points
10 goals for, 16 goals against

New York: 3-2-1-0, 7 points
16 goals for, 14 goals against

Team Leaders:

Pittsburgh:
Goals: Martin Straka (3)
Assists: Mario Lemieux (5)
Average ice time: Dick Tarnstrom (24:41)
Plus/Minus: Konstantin Koltsov, Dick Tarnstrom (+1)
Penalty Minutes: Brooks Orpik (32)
Shots on goal: Dick Tarnstrom (15)
Wins: Marc-Andre Fleury (1)
Save Percentage: Marc-Andre Fleury (94.7%)
Goals Against Average: Marc-Andre Fleury (1.98)

New York:
Goals: Mariusz Czerkawski (5)
Assists: Adrian Aucoin (4)
Average ice time: Adrian Aucoin (23:48)
Plus/Minus: Jason Blake (+3)
Penalty Minutes: Eric Godard (29)
Shots on goal: Alexei Yashin (23)
Wins: Rick DiPietro (2)
Save Percentage: Rick DiPietro (1.29)
Goals Against Average: Rick DiPietro (93.3%)

------------------------------------------------------------

No DiPietro vs Fleury match this day, as some had hoped.

New York has been playing very well all season.. Especially the top line. Kvasha has really been looking good. The defense as always is great. And DiPietro has been a wall in nets. Not sure who we are seeing tonight.

I think we are in for a long night.

GoPenguins
10-25-2003, 08:21 AM
Kvasha seems to score against us every game, along with Scatchard. Whilst one of them is injured, the Isles still have a bunch of players good enough to put this game away. We havent enjoyed much luck against the Isles recently, even when they were struggling as cellar dwellers we still lost to them. Here's hoping the Pens team that showed up against Detroit and Philly show up again tonight.

I hope for a Pens win to surprise everyone, but right now, a tie would be a decent result. Perhaps a 3-3 tie. I'll be optimistic that we'll see some scoring :)

Big McLargehuge
10-25-2003, 11:15 AM
We better win tonight :)

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-25-2003, 12:07 PM
Pens win, 4-3.

Big McLargehuge
10-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Caron is sucking worse than a Vietnamese prostitute tonight...

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-25-2003, 04:18 PM
So Berehowsky isn't playing? It is nice to see that they will bench players if they don't play good.

No Quarter
10-25-2003, 04:50 PM
I know this isn't gonna sit well with some of you but I hope Buchberger comes out and Darcy Tuckers Peca's worthless ass.

DJ Spinoza
10-25-2003, 04:53 PM
Sits fine with me. Peca plays like garbage, and deserves everything he takes.

Somebody, aka Brooks Orpik, needs to tatoo his face into the glass immediately. There was absolutely no need for that useless check on Buchberger, but then again, that is how Peca plays in pretty much every game I see him.

5-1 Isles. If we had a decent offensive attack, we might actually be able to come back in this. Snow is that bad.

Sammy*
10-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Whats the deal with Morozov's minimal icetime?

DJ Spinoza
10-25-2003, 05:17 PM
He hasn't been feeling well, I think he has the flu.

He scored a PP goal. But it's now 6-2 Isles. Good thing Fleury didn't play in this game. The Pens did not come to play tonight.

No Quarter
10-25-2003, 05:20 PM
Sits fine with me. Peca plays like garbage, and deserves everything he takes.

Somebody, aka Brooks Orpik, needs to tatoo his face into the glass immediately. There was absolutely no need for that useless check on Buchberger, but then again, that is how Peca plays in pretty much every game I see him.

5-1 Isles. If we had a decent offensive attack, we might actually be able to come back in this. Snow is that bad.

He's the dirtiest player in the league. I've been saying this for years.
I hope somebody ends his career prematurely.

DJ Spinoza
10-25-2003, 05:36 PM
Final score

Isles 7 Pens 2

That was a mess, as the last several games have been.

Were it not for a few 40 minute stretches of good, inspired play, and some up to tonight exceptional goaltending, I doubt the Pens would have any points right now.

Face the facts, the Pens just aren't that good of a team. Some people refuse to believe this for some reason.

Krom
10-25-2003, 05:54 PM
Face the facts, the Pens just aren't that good of a team. Some people refuse to believe this for some reason.

Who on earth are you talking about? 99% of the people already know they're bad. Just because some people try to see the glass half full...

No Quarter
10-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Even though it was a blowout I still enjoyed the game somewhat for the simple reason that they still didn't give up until the final buzzer.
Myself, I'm enjoying the season so far for that reason. Last year 90% of the games it seemed like they just gave up when they were behind, and that really makes hockey boring to watch.
The only thing that I was really disappointed in tonight is that Webb, Orpik, or Buchberger didn't take a vicious run at that ignoramus Micheal Peca. The guy makes me wanna puke and so do the Islander fans that stick up for him and claim he plays a clean game.

NYISLES
10-25-2003, 06:29 PM
You hope somebody Darcy Tuckers Peca? Hopefully somebody prematurely ends his career? You guys need to grow up! Lemieux crosschecking Hamrlik, and your goon Malone Jumping Butecheon from behind were the dirtiest plays of this game boys!!!

No Quarter
10-25-2003, 06:49 PM
You hope somebody Darcy Tuckers Peca? Hopefully somebody prematurely ends his career? You guys need to grow up! Lemieux crosschecking Hamrlik, and your goon Carson Jumping Butecheon from behind were the dirtiest plays of this game boys!!!

Who's Carson?
And Yeah the game doesn't need ******** like Peca.
The guy is THE MOST OVERRATED player in the game. The only way that clown can compete is by trying to take out the oppositions star players with an illegal knee or crushing someone in the face with an unexpected elbow along the boards, oh and yeah the guy rarely hits someone while they still posess the puck. He usually waits until like 5 seconds after the player dishes it off.
The worst part of it all is that the little b*tch hides behind Cairns(and Webb last year) after he pulls some of his bush league b*llsh*t, and he used to hide behind Rob Ray and Brad May in Buffalo.
What a P*ssy.
So yeah hats off to Darcy Tucker for giving that slug a dose of his own medicine.:bow:

Jiggs
10-25-2003, 07:02 PM
Jimmy-

What was wrong with that hit? It wasnt a knee on knee was it? I thought it was a shoulder. Clean hit.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-25-2003, 07:23 PM
What happened? I'm in the dark here. What did Peca do to Buchberger? Remember, they play again wednesday. :D

No Quarter
10-25-2003, 07:23 PM
Jimmy-

What was wrong with that hit? It wasnt a knee on knee was it? I thought it was a shoulder. Clean hit.

Well it wasn't the dirtiest thing I've seen him do by a long shot but he did deliberately take a run at Buchberger AT LEAST 3 seconds after he got rid of the puck. The thing that really pisses me off about Peca is that he constantly takes unnecessary cheap shots on players and then goes and hides behind the tough guys.
I mean if you feel the need to do that stupid crap then at leaststay there and stand up for yourself instead of hiding like a little b*tch.

Jiggs
10-25-2003, 07:33 PM
That was a clean hit.

A dirty hit was , as you said, Tucker on Peca. Peca is a hitter , not a fighter. Just the same way Mario is a scorer , not a fighter .McKenna does all the dirty work for him as Mario's too valuable on the ice.Same with Peca. That's just the way it is.Steve Webb is one of the best hitters in the league but cant fight for @#$%. He gets under opponents skin, that's his game.

Now if you want to talk about dirty...lets talk about Lemieux's crosscheck on Hamrlik, trying to draw a penalty. That was dirty...Cairns should have pummeled Mario for that one. ;)

No Quarter
10-25-2003, 07:43 PM
That was a clean hit.

A dirty hit was , as you said, Tucker on Peca. Peca is a hitter , not a fighter. Just the same way Mario is a scorer , not a fighter .McKenna does all the dirty work for him as Mario's too valuable on the ice.Same with Peca. That's just the way it is.Steve Webb is one of the best hitters in the league but cant fight for @#$%. He gets under opponents skin, that's his game.

Now if you want to talk about dirty...lets talk about Lemieux's crosscheck on Hamrlik, trying to draw a penalty. That was dirty...Cairns should have pummeled Mario for that one. ;)

I totally can't beleive you think that was a legal hit.
Plus Mario doesn't try to injure the other teams players on an every game basis.
I guess we'll just agree to disagree.:p

Jiggs
10-25-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm going to watch the replay and give my final, total and errrrr......total opinion once and for all later tonite. :D

Gizmosonic
10-25-2003, 08:04 PM
your goon Malone Jumping Butecheon from behind

this was Ryan Malone's 1st NHL fight, it's a little early for the "goon" label.

smile for the camera boys!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/photo?slug=uni10210260058.penguins_islanders_uni10 2&prov=ap

Buffaloed
10-25-2003, 08:10 PM
If I see any more profanity here or sexual references it will result in an immediate ban.

Jiggs
10-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Cripes! No replay on Fox. :rolleyes:

No Quarter
10-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Cripes! No replay on Fox. :rolleyes:

Peca did line him up and hit him way late.
I'm suprised they didn't show the hit because that's what caused that wholebig scrum.
Also I was a little disappointed Webb and Cairns didn't get into it, that's the one I was waiting to see all night.

Speed Kills
10-26-2003, 04:45 AM
I would just like to know why Mario was upset. I didn't see anything on the play he tried to go in between Hamrlik and the other defenseman.

DJ Spinoza
10-26-2003, 06:21 AM
Peca's hit was way late, but the hit itself was clean.

Doesn't change the fact that Peca does have a tendency to play dirty, which is why I don't sympathize with him when he gets a taste of his own medicine. Same goes for other dirty players though.

Jiggs, it's pretty funny how you keep referencing this Lemieux cross check on Hamrlik. Aucoin or Hamrlik or one of the other d-men did the exact same thing to him after he cleanly hit them.:rolleyes:

herecomesdabus
10-26-2003, 02:51 PM
He's the dirtiest player in the league. I've been saying this for years.
I hope somebody ends his career prematurely.

I was wondering when your coming out with your next album?

Jiggs
10-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Peca's hit was way late, but the hit itself was clean.

Doesn't change the fact that Peca does have a tendency to play dirty, which is why I don't sympathize with him when he gets a taste of his own medicine. Same goes for other dirty players though.

Jiggs, it's pretty funny how you keep referencing this Lemieux cross check on Hamrlik. Aucoin or Hamrlik or one of the other d-men did the exact same thing to him after he cleanly hit them.:rolleyes:

Mr.KN ,

To state the obvious:

Webb hit Parrish late in the first period and the puck was nowhere near him.Is that dirty?

Buchburger was just trying to spark something for his team who was being blown out.

Scarface,
To say that "someone should take Peca out" is a bit absurd. In that sentence you're comparing him to recognized cheapshot artists Tucker and Marchment, who have tried to ruin careers with illegal dirty hits to the knees. Has Peca ever done that? :rolleyes:

All I'm hearing is bitterness from you Pens fans. :cry:

Buchberger will get the chance to take Peca's knees out on Wednesday. :rolleyes:

Jeff Goldblum
10-26-2003, 06:05 PM
:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

To the admin that decided mariano should be quiet!

:bow:

He's been stirring too many emotions on this board lately...all anti-Pen sentiments.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-26-2003, 07:07 PM
I remember Peca hitting Chara in the knees. Chara was skating along the boards and Peca was skating beside him and bent down low and hit Chara's knee with his waist. Why would Peca crouch down when hitting Chara? Because he went for his knee. I disagree that someone should end his career with a dirty hit, though. NO ONE deserves that, although some should be kicked out of the NHL (McSorley hitting Brashear with his stick) and others should be suspended on long occasions, maybe for a year if they keep cheap shoting people like Marchment does.

No Quarter
10-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Mr.KN ,

To state the obvious:

Webb hit Parrish late in the first period and the puck was nowhere near him.Is that dirty?

Buchburger was just trying to spark something for his team who was being blown out.

Scarface,
To say that "someone should take Peca out" is a bit absurd. In that sentence you're comparing him to recognized cheapshot artists Tucker and Marchment, who have tried to ruin careers with illegal dirty hits to the knees. Has Peca ever done that? :rolleyes:

Buchberger will get the chance to take Peca's knees out on Wednesday. :rolleyes:

Hey Jiggs, you seem like a pretty cool and sensible hockey fan, but it's beyond me how you can think that Micheal Peca is not one of THE MOST BLATENT cheap shot artists in the league. Like I said last night that hit wasn't even in the ballpark with his dirtiest plays in his career but it was ridiculously late and not called for, as was Webb's hit.
To be totally honest I don't want to see any player hurt by a blatent cheap shot but Peca along with Marchment and maybe Matt Johnson would be my exceptions if I had to make a few.

Jiggs
10-27-2003, 03:51 AM
What cheap shots has he delivered JP?

DJ Spinoza
10-27-2003, 12:09 PM
Mr.KN ,

To state the obvious:

Using that logic, both the hits were dirty. The puck was no where near Buchberger when he was hit.

It really boils down to what you call a dirty hit. In essence, a late hit with no intent to injure and an open ice hit with no intent to injure, where in both cases neither player recieving the hit has the puck, are the same thing. Neither one was really a dirty hit per se, but if you call a roughing penalty on one, you better call one on the other.

You won the game 7-2 and come on crying about a 'Lemieux cross check to Hamrlik.'

People here who want a players career to end shouldn't be saying that, I'll give you that.

See you Wednesday.

No Quarter
10-27-2003, 12:48 PM
What cheap shots has he delivered JP?

How about in 2000 when he deliberately tried to end Jagr's season and possibly his career with that vicious knee he delivered.
And how about about 4 or 5 years ago in the playoffs when he deliberately elbowed a defenseman, I'm not quite sure who it was it slipped my mind, in the mouth while he was just trying to get possession of the puck along the boards. If you watched the Buffalo series I'd think you'd remember that one.
I don't know, it just seems like every time I watch that slug play I find myself at least once a game saying that's a match penalty.
And like I said before, I have nothing against Islander fans but it just baffles me how you guys can say he doesn't play a dirty game.
And also I'd love to hear your excuse on what he did to Jagr, because to me thier is no logical one.

The Tang
10-27-2003, 01:00 PM
im want to ask you guys to be civil in this thread, especially any islanders fans that post. i dont want people going for eachothers throat or starting a flame war. keep it nice and this thread is fine. however, if anyone starts throwing insults at on another, the thread will be closed. just a fair warning to all. i've seen as im sure all of you have too, threads like this that get out of hand.

Jiggs
10-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Jimmy Page and Mr. KnowNothing , etc.,

Jiggs
10-27-2003, 02:22 PM

Mike Peca has been a very clean player in his time on the Island with the only exception being a hit on Chara that someone mentioned. I really cant comment about his past play because I really didnt follow him that closely.

For the record:IMO, Webb's hit wasnt dirty and neither was Peca's- the elbow's were down, and there was only shoulder contact.

I expect a closer game on Wednesday with the two youngins hopefully in goal. :)

No Quarter
10-27-2003, 02:26 PM

How am I going at your throat, you asked my for examples on Peca and I gave you a few of mine.
I have nothing against you nor do I want to have a flame war with you.
I just think Peca's out to blatently injure players and you say he plays a clean game and it's just a mystery to me how every Islanders fan out there thinks the same way about him.
As far as I thought this was a friendly discussion?:dunno:

Koltsov71
10-27-2003, 02:31 PM
im want to ask you guys to be civil in this thread, especially any islanders fans that post. i dont want people going for eachothers throat or starting a flame war. keep it nice and this thread is fine. however, if anyone starts throwing insults at on another, the thread will be closed. just a fair warning to all. i've seen as im sure all of you have too, threads like this that get out of hand.

New mod, eh?

No Quarter
10-27-2003, 02:43 PM

Mike Peca has been a very clean player in his time on the Island with the only exception being a hit on Chara that someone mentioned. I really cant comment about his past play because I really didnt follow him that closely.

For the record:IMO, Webb's hit wasnt dirty and neither was Peca's- the elbow's were down, and there was only shoulder contact.

I expect a closer game on Wednesday with the two youngins hopefully in goal. :)

Yeah but the knee to Jagr was blatent and had intent to injure written all over it.
Yeah I'm looking forward to the game also it should be pretty exciting.
Oh and also am I the only personthat thinks the Islanders new jerseys really suck?:D
Be honest.

Jiggs
10-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Oh and also am I the only person that thinks the Islanders new jerseys really suck?:D
Be honest.

I'm with you 100% jimmy, soon they'll be on the discount rack at Modell's just like another jersey from the Isles' past(I try to block it out). :p

The Tang
10-27-2003, 04:10 PM
just for calrity, my post was not directed at anyone in particular. as i see it, none of you are doing anything wrong, hte conversations has been pretty friendly. its just in my past experience ive seen things like this blow up. no one here is at eachothers throats, all i was asking is that we keep it that way. sorry if i wasnt clear in the first post. no one has done anything wrong.

Jiggs
10-27-2003, 04:27 PM
RaiderZero,

If I didnt know jimmy page from previous threads I dont think I would've pursued the debate on Peca. Since I know jimmy page(as well as others in this thread) as a rational poster on these boards I didnt think this would turn into a flame war at all.

See y'all on Wednesday! :handclap:

The Tang
10-27-2003, 06:37 PM
RaiderZero,

If I didnt know jimmy page from previous threads I dont think I would've pursued the debate on Peca. Since I know jimmy page(as well as others in this thread) as a rational poster on these boards I didnt think this would turn into a flame war at all.

nice to know. and like i said, no one did anything wrong. as a new mod im just trying to make sure nothing bad happens and kinda get a feel for it.

No Quarter
10-28-2003, 12:08 PM
RaiderZero,

If you consider me a rational poster, you must not know me very well brother.:D
Hey is the other jersey your speaking of the that resembles the Gortons Fisherman.
:lol:
That one was really bad.

Jiggs
10-28-2003, 02:02 PM
The only thing is Tucker and Marchment don't have a preference on who they hit, they will hit anyone. Peca hates european hockey players, he has said it during his buffalo days and made a few comments when he was a canuck for a few games (1994). The guy has issues, he think's he has class like Yzerman but he has no more class than an untrained dog.

I don't hate the Isle's i think they are a solid team, i just really dislike that idiot Peca.

I never knew Buchberger was European?

The Tang
10-28-2003, 03:03 PM
be nice you two. no insults or being ignorant.

Jiggs
10-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Did i say Bucky was European?

You implied that he only hits Europeans, I pointed out that Buchberger isnt European.

Someone who sports a Transformers avatar should not be giving advice on "how to grow a brain".

You really should calm down man,its still early in the season. Oh and lay off the red meat ya just might burst an artery or something.

Koltsov71
10-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Someone who sports a Transformers avatar should not be giving advice on "how to grow a brain".

:lol: Almost fell out of the chair.

The Tang
10-29-2003, 11:13 AM
transformers rocked. theyve been voted best toy of all time, and the box sets sell out at best buy in their first hour of release. there are a lot more transformer fans out there than you think.

btw, i'm being lenient since i'm a new mod and i give chances, but one more insult thrown by anyone about anyone or something they like, this thread is closed. i've been fair enough already.

DJ Spinoza
10-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Don't be hating on the Misfits.:yo:

Koltsov71
10-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Same can be said about a Misfit's avatar.

I'll pretend I didn't just read that.