Berglund and Gionta

changw
10-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey

Just wondering how these two are doing?

Both started the season, on the same line, but Gionta has now been moved up to a line with Elias and GOmez.

Why isnt there similar treatment for Berglund? (4th line duty- as far as i know)

Is it true Berglund has higher potential than Brian Gionta, if so, then why isnt he playing more minutes?

Niedermayer21
10-25-2003, 04:18 PM
I think Berglund should be on the first line instead of Gionta. He has more talent than Gionta IMO but still takes dumb penalties.

Berglund is playing against Boston tonite. If he scores, maybe Burns will play him more. We need all the help on offense we can get!!!!

I Hate Tie DOMI
10-25-2003, 10:05 PM
I think Berglund should be on the first line instead of Gionta. He has more talent than Gionta IMO but still takes dumb penalties.

Berglund is playing against Boston tonite. If he scores, maybe Burns will play him more. We need all the help on offense we can get!!!!

Berglund only has one penalty this year in four games. If you want to talk about dumb penalties look at almost every penalty Colin White takes. He always has to get that extra shot in.

Berglund should be playing every game, he always has energy every shift, but at times he is trying to do to much at one time so he is just skating as fast as he can around the rink. I don't mind Gionta on the first line, but man does Grant Marshall need to go.

changw
10-27-2003, 01:33 AM
What lines did Devils play in today's game against Boston???

What do you think of these lines?

Elias--Gomez--Gionta
Friesen--Berglund --Langenbrunner
Rupp--Madden--Brylin
Pandolfo--Larionov--Marshall

Rafalski--Stevens
Niedermayer--White
Brown--Martin

Brodeur
Schwab

This will give 3 good lines, mixing youth and established stars..
Gionta sounds like he's clicking well with Elias and Gomez...providing good offense..

I reckon putting Berglund in between Friesen and Lagenbrunner two top established forwards will give him both quality IT, and confidence being on a decent scoring line :)

Madden looks great on the 3rd line, with the young RUpp and Brylin, while Pandolfo can double shift with third line, if need be.

Marshall looks abit washed up tonite..