Patrick Thoresen

cyprusviking
03-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Read the thread in the Swedish forum for more info, but looks like PT might be heading for North America next year. :banana:
Can anyone read the source from eliteprospects to get more info for us that are interested and which francishe it would be to sign him?
selfishly, the isles could use him as a goalscorer. him, nilsson and either bergenheim or nokelainen on a line? awsome!
I unfortunately have lost most of my Norwegian and Swedish over the past couple of years... :shakehead :help:

Haaland
03-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Sorry man, I don't understand what you want... :dunno:

You want us to translate an article for you?

cyprusviking
03-10-2006, 01:55 PM
yeah. ill put up the link...
http://www.h-a.no/artikkel.asp?Artid=195464&EmneID=STORHAMA-
its in swedish
thnx if anyone can translate it

Haaland
03-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Hehe. It's not Swedish, it's Norwegian. :teach:

- Djurgården Club Director says -We've come to understand that we might lose him before next season. According to agents there are some NHL-teams following him.

- PT being one of the leading players for Djurgården this season even though they didn't reach the play-offs.

-PT stating that there's been no offers yet, but he understands that the club wants to be prepared to lose him."

-His agent, Swedish Patrick Aronsson is working his contacts inside NHL.
"I've talked a bit to him, and have been told that my game has been noticed. Playing in the NHL is still a dream I wish will come true, but I'm not thinking as much about it anymore." says Thoresen.

-Aronsson says Thoresen is one of many prospects in Sweden NHL-clubs are considering this season.
"I don't want to give him false hope, but he's an interesting prospect being the right player in the right age."

Thoresen is disappointed with the short season Djurgåden has suffered, but thinks it's positive he'll be getting good time to prepare for the upcoming World Cup this May.
Aronsson claims it's as important to do good in the WC as it is in Sweden.
"We're going through good training now, so I'll be in good shape when we gather in Oslo April 3rd." PT says.

Monday night he recieved a tempting offer from Austrias Red Bull Salzburg.
Playoffs are great, but I'm unsure if the trip to Austria will ruin my WC-preparations.

My inside-informants today told me that the Salzburg-offer is only a LOAN-offer for the rest of the Austrian season, due to Djurgården not reaching the playoffs in Sweden.

It's also been said that Washington Capitals are one of tehe teams interested to sign him.

Hope that's good enough for you. ;)

Haaland

cyprusviking
03-11-2006, 12:01 AM
more then enough... I knew my linguistics were slipping if i couldnt even tell the difference between swedish and norge. :allears: I should really be ashamed of myself... Always been a problem reading, since I've spoken it more then read cuz my parents are immigrants from Bergen. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I knew PT going to salzburg was a loan, it's so he'll be fit for the WC. Norway needs him there, since Marius Holtet really hasn't developed as we all wouldve hoped in Iowa :stars . :rolleyes:

I can see the Caps needing someone of PT's ilk in their system, so the association with Wash isn't far fetched. :handclap: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
and ive discovered the more selection under the smilie faces. :shakehead

ratsgirl
03-11-2006, 10:25 AM
more then enough... I knew my linguistics were slipping if i couldnt even tell the difference between swedish and norge. I should really be ashamed of myself... Always been a problem reading, since I've spoken it more then read cuz my parents are immigrants from Bergen.

I knew PT going to salzburg was a loan, it's so he'll be fit for the WC. Norway needs him there, since Marius Holtet really hasn't developed as we all wouldve hoped in Iowa.

I can see the Caps needing someone of PT's ilk in their system, so the association with Wash isn't far fetched.
and ive discovered the more selection under the smilie faces.

whoa...there are other norwegians in albany? cool! i thought i was the only one.

cyprusviking
03-11-2006, 02:44 PM
there are more of us in the great north then you think!
Blame SUNY.
I take it ur a river rats fan?

rangers
03-11-2006, 08:48 PM
You are both from Bergen. Heia Brann!

Going Back to Cally
03-11-2006, 10:08 PM
I remember I really really wanted the Lightning to draft him in 2002, I was pissed when they didn't use a 3rd round pick on him and grew even more pissed after every other selection wasn't used on him.

cyprusviking
03-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I just think it's not right when someone who had never played above a Russian 2 junior league gets drafted high, like Isles former 2nd round pick Dmitri Chernikh, and PT is stuck having to prove himself in the SEL. No offense to the SEL fans out there.

cbj21
03-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Patrick is often mentioned as "one of the few who put it out there tonight" this season in Djurgarden. Hes a gritty goal scoring type of guy who should fit very well in NHL.

I was hoping Jackets would have gone after him already -_-

Fayne Gretzky
05-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Mr. Thoresen has signed a 2-year contract with the Edmonton Oilers.

http://www.edmontonoilers.com/news/index.php?id=544

s7ark
05-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Can anyone let me know a bit more about this prospect? He sounds quite interesting.

rangers
06-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Can anyone let me know a bit more about this prospect? He sounds quite interesting.

Pretty good and gritty player. Don`t have the greatest shot out there, but its decent. Speedy and hard working forward who most likely will play the wing in Edmonton. Thoresen got lots of skill and could end up taking shifts at the top two lines, but I honestly see him more as a 3rd line player on a regular basis, who also play the powerplay.

Great gamble for Edmonton. He`ll probably surprise a few people this upcoming season.

s7ark
06-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the response :)

cbj21
07-02-2006, 12:43 PM
im so annoyed jackets didnt take him :banghead:

TheBrew
09-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Thoresen is a Gamer
Mactavish has said he will make the opening lineup with the oilers:amazed:
Best of luck to him

SirKillalot
10-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Thoresen racking up points in the swiss league!

11 goals and 14 assists in 16 games. League-leading in points!

3 goals and 1 assist yesterday in a 7-2 win for Lugano against the team that beat Linköping 7-2.

David Brent
04-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Thoresen is considering a move to the KHL, if he doesn't get an offer from the NHL. According to this article( http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=541357 ), his only option in Europe is Russia.
Hopefully, he'll get another shot in the NHL.

SirKillalot
04-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I actually think he would fit well in Phoenix or Minnesota.

GKJ
04-19-2009, 11:37 AM
The Flyers gave him a qualifying offer last year. I think we still have his NHL rights until he is eligible to be a UFA.

BobbyClarkeFan16
04-21-2009, 10:36 PM
The Flyers gave him a qualifying offer last year. I think we still have his NHL rights until he is eligible to be a UFA.

I could see him coming back too on a veteran's minimum salary. Thoresen would be great back in Orange and Black and he could develop into a Handzus-type forward.

WeberStreit
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Thoresen is really a good hockey player with a termendous work ethic. A guy you'd wish to have on your team.

SirKillalot
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
I could see him coming back too on a veteran's minimum salary. Thoresen would be great back in Orange and Black and he could develop into a Handzus-type forward.

If they offer him a one-way contract he would consider that heavily. At the moment, without offers, Russia is the way to go financially.

stv11
04-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Thoresen signed a new contract with Lugano in case he can't find a job in the NHL so he won't end up in Russia.

David Brent
04-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Thoresen signed a new contract with Lugano in case he can't find a job in the NHL so he won't end up in Russia.

They must have offered him serious money then. "I'm going to Russia" was probably a move to get more money out of the Lugano deal.

Den
05-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Signed with Salavat per allhockey.ru

SirKillalot
05-21-2009, 08:15 AM
He has signed with an russian club. It says here, that the club is Ufa?

Redwingsfan
05-21-2009, 10:18 AM
He has signed with an russian club. It says here, that the club is Ufa?

yeah.. They're called Salavat Yulaev Ufa;)

curtisinpa
05-22-2009, 05:33 PM
I wish the Flyers would've offered him a 1 way contract last season. He play tremendous for us in the playoffs, tho he was snakebitten when it came to goal scoring.

kaiser matias
05-24-2009, 01:15 AM
I wish the Flyers would've offered him a 1 way contract last season. He play tremendous for us in the playoffs, tho he was snakebitten when it came to goal scoring.

I thought it also had to do with him not wanting to play a checking-line role and be used more in a scoring role.

SirKillalot
05-24-2009, 01:36 PM
I thought it also had to do with him not wanting to play a checking-line role and be used more in a scoring role.

No, Thoresen wanted a one-way deal. Because of family.

Giroux tha Damaja
05-24-2009, 02:58 PM
No, Thoresen wanted a one-way deal. Because of family.

What would his salary have been?

SirKillalot
05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
What would his salary have been?

Don't know, a little bit over the minimum? 500k+?

David Brent
11-28-2009, 09:15 AM
http://en.khl.ru/players/16249/

Thoresen is doing well in the KHL. There must be some teams willing to give him another chance in the show.

SirKillalot
11-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Hopefully.

Split 4.place in goals
Split 5.place in assists
Split 5.place in points
2.place in +/- (!)
19,1%SOG
15:41 Icetime average pr. game

29 games, 13 goals - 19 assists for 32 points!

3 assists today, on ice for 4 goals.

ilovetheflyers8
07-21-2010, 04:30 PM
I read that he was looking to come back to the NHL and canceled a contract he had with a KHL team. Does anyone know what he's up to?

DallasGaume
07-22-2010, 10:48 AM
He's staying in Russia.

He blames his agents in North America, saying they haven't done much for him this off season.

Norwegian TV2 (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://msn.tv2sporten.no/ovrig/thoresen-agentene-jeg-har-i-usa-har-ikke-gjort-jobben-sin-3253212.html&sl=no&tl=en)

smitty10
07-22-2010, 12:35 PM
He's staying in Russia.

He blames his agents in North America, saying they haven't done much for him this off season.

Norwegian TV2 (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://msn.tv2sporten.no/ovrig/thoresen-agentene-jeg-har-i-usa-har-ikke-gjort-jobben-sin-3253212.html&sl=no&tl=en)

Doesn't he have until August 15 to sign in the NHL? Or was it July 15?

DallasGaume
07-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah, but the season starts earlier in Russia than what the NHL does, so to make sure he's in good shape for the season, he felt he couldn't wait any longer to make a decision.

DallasGaume
10-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Another hattrick for Thoresen in the KHL tonight.
13 goals in 16 games so far, and he leads the league in goals.

Some team should REALLY give him another shot in the NHL.

TatarBashqort
10-20-2010, 09:12 PM
yesterday he was a killer on ice:handclap:

after the second period it was 1-6 for SY Ufa vs HC Locomotiv

Thoresen not only leads the league in snipers race but also 3rd in points after Radulov and Cervenka with 19 points (13+6) also his shots on goal percentage is 28.3 which means that more than a 1/4 of his shots end its way in net

P:S: WE NEED MORE NORVEGIANS IN KHL:yo: and thank you for Thor from Ufa City we were a bit confused when SY signed him, it was strange to have norwegian on roster and on the first line, and he changed a lot of minds, he's loved by fans, sport analisers, journalists..North Star in our team:)

P:S.S.: tommorow very hard game versus Atlant on their ice, make me think would Thor put another 2 or 3 there, he looks like he's in a top shape

DallasGaume
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the report.

Keem 'em coming. :)

BleuBlancRougeFTW
10-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Nice job Patrick!

He was my fav player when he played for my hometown in his second year in the Q league . ( Baie-comeau Drakkar )

That year he recorded 108pts (35 goals) with a pretty good hockey club ( the best we had in the last decade). He was the leader with players like Joel Perreault, J-F Jacques, Maxime Fortunus and ect.

I wish him the best of luck for his career and hopefully, a NHL team give him a second chance pretty soon!

Slayem
01-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Its unbelievable that his agents couldnt sell him into a NHL team last summer, the guy is producing point like a maniac this season too. Isnt there scouts in KHL? No doubt in my and everybody elses mind that he would do a great job in NHL.

shoogun
01-07-2011, 02:26 PM
hoping to see him in the NHL next year.

what about NYR?

doesn't he fit the mold on the third line there?

smitty10
01-07-2011, 03:11 PM
hoping to see him in the NHL next year.

what about NYR?

doesn't he fit the mold on the third line there?

He might fit in their, especially with a bunch of older guys on their way out. Aren't his NHL rights owned by the Flyers though?

babyshamble
01-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I don`t think Flyers owns him anymore due to not giving him a qualified offer last summer. He should definitely be playing in the NHL tough.

TollefsenFan
03-31-2011, 08:07 PM
I dnt think Thoresen will play well in the NHL. Not because he is a bad player, but im afraid he wont get enough ice time and play on the 3rd-4th line :( Anyways he is my favorite norwegian player so i hope im wrong :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

JrSakic92
05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Thoresen is capable of hitting 50-60 points in the NHL if he get enough ice time.

SirKillalot
06-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Apparently, he has signed a new deal in the KHL:

http://www.hockeymagasinet.no/internasjonalt/001206-thoresen-klar-ska-st-petersburg

He signed for SKA St. Petersburg. Teaming up with Yashin and Sushinsky among others.

Financial wise a good decision, but I wounder why he didn't waited to at least listen to any offers from the NHL.