Phenom Update

scoob4093
10-26-2003, 04:00 PM
Taffe: GP6 G5 A5 PPG 3 PL-MI -3. I find it rather hard to believe that a player can have 10 pts. in 6 games and still be -3 but this "can't miss kid" appears to be the exception to the rule.

XX
10-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Im wondering why he isnt on the coyotes roster for tonight....

PhoPhan
10-26-2003, 04:21 PM
Why the angst against Taffe, scoob?

hbk
10-26-2003, 04:46 PM
for the most part our farm team has played very poorly (both goalie save percentages are well under .900) and Taffe has racked up points on the PP. He's also playing with the Ferraro twins who although are veterans of the AHL are not exactly defensively minded in their own right.

I actually don't think Taffe has garnered enough respect on these boards. He wasn't voted as our top prospect yet he is the only one on the farm who is meeting offensive expectations. Everyone else is struggling and yet we slag this kid? I'm not sure what else he can do. Does he have the C on his chest or have they moved straight for the S?

scoob4093
10-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Why the angst against Taffe, scoob?

His idea of the game is to pay zero attention to defense and hang around the blueline and wait for the breakout pass. Unfortunately as a center you have set defensive responsibilities. I don't care what league you are playing in; people are paying for their tickets; this is a professional league not Junior A, and as a long time season ticket holder in Springfield (unlike many who post here can say they are in Phoenix) if a player is strictly playing the game as an individual and couldn't care less if his team wins or loses he is subject to being criticized as his play warrants. You may view him as a potential superstar but I have seen him play a lot more than anyone else who posts on these pages and IMHO he is anything but a lock to be a successful NHL player

CoyoteBaloney
10-27-2003, 06:09 AM
I remember when Sakic was scoring over 100 points for the Nords and his +/- was barely on the positive side of zero.

His defense needs sharpening -- maybe thats why he is still in Springfield. Remember this team traded Briere, an offensively gifted center because his defense stunk.

Plus I still say the organization wants to keep their prospects, the future of the Coyotes playing next season -- something which the NHL and the Coyotes won't be.