Reason to be excited?

PhoPhan
10-26-2003, 06:24 PM
At the beginning of this season, the major weakness most saw was a lack of offense, and the worry was that they would not be able to score enough goals. With no player with over 63 points last year, it was no wonder. However, this season, through 7 games, Johnson, Doan and Mara each have 8 points, and Nagy has 7. I know it is still early, but the fact that they have been able to all be effective this early is promising. At this point, it looks like these guys will all break out as expected, Doan especially. He has looked amazing. That new C on his breast might as well be an S on his chest.

vsmith
10-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Yep. Another 2 points for Doan against the nucks. :)
And Kolanos finally scored, looks like Bobby knows what he's doing when he's leaving a player in the pressbox for a game or two...

Waldo
10-26-2003, 07:54 PM
That was a thrilling game alright. Weve been are seeing a lot of excellent and some unexpected performances lately. I was prepared to be satisfied and optimistic even after they lost but then again, we've seen that wraparound goal from Kolanos before. Glad it was him that tied it. I was even fairly satisfied with Spiller today. Quite a few very good performances from several other key players. That's 2 games in a row were we got key performances by key players. Anyhow, I truly was not expecting to get any points tonite. Nice to start the week with some optimism .......

Stronso
10-27-2003, 04:42 AM
I too am glad that Kolanos made that goal....but did you see him get blown up midway 3rd period? I thought he would have another concussion for sure after that hit....

Great game - especially for 2 in 2 nights

CoyoteBaloney
10-27-2003, 05:04 AM
I thought most people talked about their concern regarding the Coyotes defense and not the offense.

It seems the Coyotes have 2 scoring lines this season. Those other 2 lines seem to create enough trouble for the opposition to have them take notice. This is not a Division, Conference or Cup contending team but I think they will make the playoffs. Said that in the summer and still think so.

PhoPhan
10-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Even though I still think Bobby's motivational tactics are waning at best, you can't argue with results. This method of press-boxing seems to work wonders. Also, I am not surprised at all that Krys' first goal of the year was as clutch as it was.

Morris Lukowich
10-27-2003, 12:33 PM
Wow no kidding 2 more for Doan against Vancouver.

When did Shane become such a threat off the side boards off stick side.

He is playing like I have never seen before. Its like he has completely re-invented himself. I love it.

I notice you mentioned Mara which is cool but now Suchy has his second of the season (Holy crap).

Offensive contributions by all its so cool.

_Del_
10-27-2003, 03:54 PM
Wow no kidding 2 more for Doan against Vancouver.

When did Shane become such a threat off the side boards off stick side.

He is playing like I have never seen before. Its like he has completely re-invented himself. I love it.

I notice you mentioned Mara which is cool but now Suchy has his second of the season (Holy crap).

Offensive contributions by all its so cool.

And Suchy's goal was pretty nice... He has serious stickhandling ability and can skate. I swear he's good for 20g if he was a forward, lol.. but he seems to lose most of his offensive instinct when playing D. Glad to see him pot a couple early...