pushkaryov or o' sullivan

KingPurpleDinosaur
10-27-2003, 11:31 AM
i noticed that o' sullivan was on that usa wjc team and it made me wonder if we made the right decision on picking up pushkaryov when o' sullivan was still available. o' sullivan is one of the picks i realy hoped the kings would pick up and i wonder if this is going to bite us in the end. since o' sullivan has top 10 talent and only needs to mature and grow out of the past, he is a huge steal for minnesota in my opinion.

from wat i saw on the scrimage camp, i'm not too big on tambellini, but it seems that from thsoe who watch him in college, they think he can be the best of our prospect. i wonder if o' sullivan would have been better to be picked up on that pick.

IGM
10-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Too hard to tell right now. I would go with Push because the payoff could be a player like a Kovy. O is a great young talent too but for me I would rather have gambled a little with the pick. With so many teams reported to be after him with solid draft records it has to make you feel better about the pick.

I could be wrong though and time will tell.

Captain Ron
10-27-2003, 01:50 PM
I agree with IGM on this one.Alot of guessing goes on in a draft decision.Some 1st rounders tank and some 9th rounders can be solid players.We will not know the true potential of either Pushkarev or O'Sullivan for another year or two.But that is the fun of following prospects.Complaining about the busts and cheering for the "diamonds in the rough".

Legionnaire
10-27-2003, 06:13 PM
I'll echo SB's and IGM's sentiments when it comes to the fact that is waaaay too early. However, I would like to add that Detroit wanted Pushkarev pretty badly and I really trust their record when it comes to scouting Russian and/or Swedish prospects

maximil
10-27-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm glad we stayed away from O'Sullivan. The last thing any team needs are players who can be distractions. I think O'Sullivan is gonna make it but if your going to make the choice between two similar talents I'd make the safer pick.

Legionnaire
10-27-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm glad we stayed away from O'Sullivan. The last thing any team needs are players who can be distractions. I think O'Sullivan is gonna make it but if your going to make the choice between two similar talents I'd make the safer pick.

You know Max, this is a really strange comment(I do understand it however) If Patrick is such a big risk attitude wise, but yet he still has the talent, then why did he go so low?

OK, OK. Look at Hudler. He had the same things working against him, and he was taken about the same spot Patty was. But, did we make a bad pick? I really don't think so. The Wings and Yotes weren't trying to trade up for O'Sullivan, they really wanted Pushy

maximil
10-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Legion,
I think were speaking different languages but I'm glad you can figure it out. ;)

Legionnaire
10-28-2003, 11:11 PM
Legion,
I think were speaking different languages but I'm glad you can figure it out. ;)

Sometimes I wonder what language I'm trying to speak :)

swinginutter*
10-29-2003, 07:06 AM
i noticed that o' sullivan was on that usa wjc team and it made me wonder if we made the right decision on picking up pushkaryov when o' sullivan was still available. o' sullivan is one of the picks i realy hoped the kings would pick up and i wonder if this is going to bite us in the end. since o' sullivan has top 10 talent and only needs to mature and grow out of the past, he is a huge steal for minnesota in my opinion.

from wat i saw on the scrimage camp, i'm not too big on tambellini, but it seems that from thsoe who watch him in college, they think he can be the best of our prospect. i wonder if o' sullivan would have been better to be picked up on that pick.

Since you and I love to argue so much. I thought i'd send you this link.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/teams/transactions/MIN

You're little Golden boy who seemed to be passed up by every team in this league was released by Minnesota. Now most teams transaction page consists of players being sent back down to their junior club.........so I could be wrong.
I think teams passed on this guy for a reason, and they're has been hundred of players like him. Sick skills and great points but will it ever materialize. Pushkarev i'll take, he supposedly had a real good interview with our front office, and most importantly we snagged him before Gretzky and the Yotes, and Detroit could jump on him. Both teams had heavy interest on him, and Gretzky was quoted that he wanted him. Any time I hear that it's music to my ears. ***** we may never see either one anyways??????? But i'd take a bet that our player would make it first.

Kings Fanatic
10-29-2003, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=swinginutter]Since you and I love to argue so much. I thought i'd send you this link.

You're little Golden boy who seemed to be passed up by every team in this league was released by Minnesota. Now most teams transaction page consists of players being sent back down to their junior club.........so I could be wrong.
QUOTE]

This was talked about before on the prospects board. I don't really remember but I think they just released him to his junior team. They did not give up his rights.

jfont
10-29-2003, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=swinginutter]Since you and I love to argue so much. I thought i'd send you this link.

QUOTE]

This was talked about before on the prospects board. I don't really remember but I think they just released him to his junior team. They did not give up his rights.
yup...fat chance an 18 year old picked in the top 100 will be released this early.

Old Hickory
10-29-2003, 11:16 AM
In case you don't chck Spongebob's Russian update 3 goals in Pushkarovs last 2 games (http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?postid=385675#post385675)