Ovechkin

Crossbar
10-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Any news on Cohen and his lawyers taking the Ovechkin case to court like they said they would? I haven't heard anything and was wondering if any of you have contacted someone reliable/resourceful like Mike Russo from the Sun-sentinel about it, I would if I could but I have no way of emailing him.

I have 2 theories to why we are getting heavily penalized:
1. cause of the Ovechkin case
2. cause of G.Campbell being Colin Campbell's son and the NHL is trying to show it doesn't matter.
:joker:

MoeHowardDavid
10-28-2003, 06:15 AM
Any news on Cohen and his lawyers taking the Ovechkin case to court like they said they would? I haven't heard anything and was wondering if any of you have contacted someone reliable/resourceful like Mike Russo from the Sun-sentinel about it, I would if I could but I have no way of emailing him.

I have 2 theories to why we are getting heavily penalized:
1. cause of the Ovechkin case
2. cause of G.Campbell being Colin Campbell's son and the NHL is trying to show it doesn't matter.
:joker:

The Panthers probably realized that the case was hopeless. Ovechkin would have had to have registered to be drafted.

Rattrick
10-28-2003, 06:26 AM
The Panthers probably realized that the case was hopeless. Ovechkin would have had to have registered to be drafted.

Moe, I don't understand your avatar. I know it is altered, but I still don't understand.

MoeHowardDavid
10-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Moe, I don't understand your avatar. I know it is altered, but I still don't understand.

It's just ripping off the Dewey Defeats Truman paper. I think Horton is a much better player than Shvidki, thats all.

Clash*
10-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Ovechkin tried to register, but was refused for the same reason why our attempts to draft him were refused.

As for bein heavily penalized, that's been the situation for years, even before we Had Campbell or draft Ovechkin. There have always been certain officials who just seem religiously biased against us.

Acadmus
10-29-2003, 03:53 AM
As for bein heavily penalized, that's been the situation for years, even before we Had Campbell or draft Ovechkin. There have always been certain officials who just seem religiously biased against us.

Likely die-hard Canadian refs who don't think hockey has any place in South Florida. Or maybe it's a holdover grudge from the days when they got pelted with plastic rats everytime the Panthers scored a goal :dunno:

Chaos2k7
10-29-2003, 05:15 AM
Likely die-hard Canadian refs who don't think hockey has any place in South Florida. Or maybe it's a holdover grudge from the days when they got pelted with plastic rats everytime the Panthers scored a goal :dunno:

Like the die-hard canadian fans that support this team too, eh?

;)

Acadmus
10-29-2003, 05:35 AM
Like the die-hard canadian fans that support this team too, eh?

;)

If you're Canadian and support the Panthers, you're a heretic :p

Of course, I'm not Canadian so I'm fine ;)

Chaos2k7
10-29-2003, 07:27 AM
If you're Canadian and support the Panthers, you're a heretic :p

Of course, I'm not Canadian so I'm fine ;)

Anything is better than the steady dose of Leafs hockey I recieve up here. But that aside I have been onboard the Panthers ship since their induction.

:yo:

PantherboyHTR
10-29-2003, 10:08 AM
Anything is better than the steady dose of Leafs hockey I recieve up here. But that aside I have been onboard the Panthers ship since their induction.

:yo:
AMEN BROTHER! I just can't stand the Leafs! Even though London is smack dab in the middle of Detriot and Toronto, all I get is Leafs junk (well now I have Center Ice :yo: ). It was Panthers for me from the beginning :bow:

Clash*
10-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Even tho the two of you and a few others, like Stinger, are Panther fans, you have to admit there is a bias from a lot of northeners, even Americans, that hockey doesn't belong in the south. Then again, that's like sayin "WTF are Canadians doin *******izing football with a 110 yard field?" (I don't feel this way, but to some major football friends of mine, they think its a joke. If it isn't college football to me, I could care less tho too.)

PantherboyHTR
10-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Even tho the two of you and a few others, like Stinger, are Panther fans, you have to admit there is a bias from a lot of northeners, even Americans, that hockey doesn't belong in the south. Then again, that's like sayin "WTF are Canadians doin *******izing football with a 110 yard field?" (I don't feel this way, but to some major football friends of mine, they think its a joke. If it isn't college football to me, I could care less tho too.)
There is a big bias, no doubt, but I don't agree. Hockey should be played everywhere IMO, seeing that its the greatest game on earth :yo:

Personally, I think the CFL is a joke! I barely every watch it though. The NFL makes it look worse then highschool football. I mean, I saw the end of some game where it was won on a rouge! (For those of you who don't know, its when the Punter kicks the ball through the end-zone, PIECE OF CAKE :teach: )