Pittsburgh Spirit

Big McLargehuge
10-27-2003, 08:11 PM
After some discussions with Ken Sawyer my sister, Jenna, will be heading the Pittsburgh Spirit from here on out instead of the team itself. The team needed someone with experience and my sister has started three dance programs before(Mercyhurst back in 1992, Florida Bobcats(AFL) in 1999, and the Pittsburgh Colts(NAFL) in 2002), but nothing this big.

Just thought y'all'd like to know.

Only problem is that she's getting thrown into the fire, 4 home games into the season and she wasn't able to pick the girls or the uniforms.

She gets to eat dinner with the team every game, she hangs out with the big guns...lucky *****!

The Tang
10-27-2003, 08:33 PM
im jealous now. make her stop!

Jacob
10-27-2003, 08:59 PM
So she's going to make them dance?

tom_servo
10-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Is it going to be like the Texas Roadhouse where the just drop everything and half-ass their way through some prepared music? That's more eerie than fun.

Jacob
10-27-2003, 10:48 PM
They should have an "over 18" night where they strip.

Big McLargehuge
10-28-2003, 02:55 AM
They won't be dancing...much at least, not enough room in the Igloo to do anything like that.

Whatever the Ice Girls are doing in the other NHL cities is what they'll be doing.

The Tang
10-28-2003, 05:56 AM
They won't be dancing...much at least, not enough room in the Igloo to do anything like that.
you can do what the crossfire did, set up table fo them to dance on.

Der Schweinehund
10-29-2003, 03:48 PM
I think that is absolutely fantastic for your sister Phantom!

If you will forgive me though, I am going to rail against this idea as a whole. Call me a purist or a lame-o (although I am all for Jacobv's thought) but I just cannot in any space in my mind put together dancers with hockey. Does this really bring fans to the game?

I am truly hurt by the fact that as I sit here and watch the Pens-Isles, I see just a sorry situation in the stands. If I was in the Pittsburgh area, I would have season's tickets, no questions asked. Mind you if they do end up with Ovechkin this year and Crosby the next (yes - that's about a 1.5% chance), count me in to move to the area. No way will Center Ice suffice. :D

Big McLargehuge
10-29-2003, 03:53 PM
It's hardly to fill the seats, it's to try to improve the atmosphere in the arena, which it's done pretty decently so far.

And they're not dancers. If anyone's been to a Pirates game they're like the Pirate brigade. There will be some dancing, but not much and it's hardly the emphasis.

Der Schweinehund
10-29-2003, 04:17 PM
It's hardly to fill the seats, it's to try to improve the atmosphere in the arena, which it's done pretty decently so far.

And they're not dancers. If anyone's been to a Pirates game they're like the Pirate brigade. There will be some dancing, but not much and it's hardly the emphasis.

Ok - yes, I am retarded.

Anyhow, regarding the atmosphere thing - I think it's a bit of cart before the horse. Why do you improve the atmosphere? So it's a better "fan experience." If it's a better "fan experience" you stand a better chance of increasing attendance. So ultimately, it is about an attempt to make it more attractive and fill the seats.

However, in the cart/horse deal, I really thing the only tangible improvement you can make to stadia atmosphere to make it a desirable place to be is to have a full house. Otherwise it's just a quiet, empty stadium with cool backpack handouts, calendars, and spirit fingers.

Unholy Diver
10-29-2003, 08:35 PM
I thought this was about the soccer team the Spirit

Jacob
10-29-2003, 08:39 PM
If they want to improve the atmosphere they should start winning.

Unless these girls are paying for their own admissions, they won't help the Penguins out in the least.

SaintRon
10-30-2003, 06:26 AM
The team needed someone with experience and my sister has started three dance programs before(Mercyhurst back in 1992, Florida Bobcats(AFL) in 1999, and the Pittsburgh Colts(NAFL) in 2002), but nothing this big.

Can she teach our D-men how to play D instead of "the dance of the Lemmings" current playing at the Igloo?

SaintRon
10-30-2003, 06:30 AM
After some discussions with Ken Sawyer my sister, Jenna, will be heading the Pittsburgh Spirit from here on out instead of the team itself.

pittsburghpenguins.com has pics of the Spirit team. Is she Jen N?

SaintRon

Big McLargehuge
10-30-2003, 08:30 AM
No, Jenna Heyl is her name.

She's not in the picture, she hasn't performed with the Spirit yet, starting next week she will though.

SaintRon
10-30-2003, 08:52 AM
No, Jenna Heyl is her name. She's not in the picture, she hasn't performed with the Spirit yet, starting next week she will though.

And not a moment to soon as the PENS need to shore up the D with some much needed "dance" lessons.

It's tough to make a system work when the guys only play the system half the game....

SaintRon

butchers_dog
10-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Phantom, can we get some autograghped pics, of the Ice Chicks?

Wingboy2999
10-30-2003, 04:52 PM
I'll go to games and just ask everyone if they are Jenna Heyl. I don't know if it is smart as they can distract the fans from the games at times (not me at all......) but that is just my opinion.