Kings with 8 of HF's top 100 prospects

David A. Rainer
10-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Link (http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1790038)

As rated by HF staff and posted on Foxsports.com.

#11 - Grebs
#27 - Brown
#37 - Aulin
#44 - Tambellini
#53 - Gleason
#65 - Cammy
#77 - Boyle
#96 - Kanko

More than any other team, as far as I can see.

David A. Rainer
10-27-2003, 07:42 PM
HF head editor Shane Malloy essentially compiled this list with the help of some of the other staff. I believe he also did the Foxsports article that put the Kings at the top of the organizational rankings. When the HF rankings come out, I have to believe the Kings will be #1. Either the Kings or Montreal.

jfont
10-27-2003, 07:48 PM
i'm sure HF would print it on their magazine first before posting it on the website, correct?

but thats excellent news, kings have seven of the top 100...now hopefully one of them develop into a bonafide superstar prospect that this organization lacks.

Legionnaire
10-27-2003, 07:48 PM
Really? That was Shane who did that Fox thingy? I don't know, I really like our prospects(and our future) but I still think that Montreal is better

KingPurpleDinosaur
10-27-2003, 07:57 PM
getzlaf at 22? vanek at 16? carter at 25 before brown? suter before zherdev? i have many disagreements but i guess tha'ts going to happen regardless of who makes the list.

also, u missed boyle, they ranked him 77. so that's 8 prospects :)

LuckyLUC20
10-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Gleason, Cammy and Aulin are still prospects? How could they still be prospects when they've played in some NHL games?

Sorry for my ignorance... I just don't understand.

David A. Rainer
10-27-2003, 09:38 PM
also, u missed boyle, they ranked him 77. so that's 8 prospects :)

Opps. Didn't see him.

David A. Rainer
10-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Gleason, Cammy and Aulin are still prospects? How could they still be prospects when they've played in some NHL games?

Sorry for my ignorance... I just don't understand.

You are considered a prospect until you've played in more than 65 NHL games. Cammy was 40-something, Aulin was a handful, and Gleason and Brown just made the team.

LuckyLUC20
10-27-2003, 09:57 PM
You are considered a prospect until you've played in more than 65 NHL games. Cammy was 40-something, Aulin was a handful, and Gleason and Brown just made the team.
Ah... I see... thanks.

Saprykin Fan
10-28-2003, 05:17 AM
my brother got told this weekend by a pheonix scout :p that he should and could be playing in the NHL right now. good news has been coming lately and we shall see next year if he decides to leave early or not.

IGM
10-28-2003, 06:11 AM
What? But DT is an idiot who can't do anything right. How can this be? The great thing about this list is that HF like most of us doesn't know the true potential of players like Anshankov, Pushkaryov and a couple of our other players overseas. I know that it will never happen but if we could ever just once for this season and then again in 06 or whenever the game comes back could stay "H" ( I refuse to say the word) then I believe that we would see that the Kings have an unending supply of great young talent in their system that given the chance to be brought up under what most teams would call normal circumstances would be truly amazing.

Great job DT and staff!

Scottkmlps
10-28-2003, 11:01 AM
I believe this list was made before the season started. Hence the statement about Gleason needing time in the AHL before he see's any time in the NHL.