When/Why did Raider X become a mod?

spence___
10-28-2003, 12:23 PM
If were going to have a vote, I would've suggested Koltsov47, tomservo or Michelbriere.

No Quarter
10-28-2003, 12:32 PM
If were going to have a vote, I would've suggested Koltsov47, tomservo or Michelbriere.

What about good old JP?:dunno::joker:

spence___
10-28-2003, 12:39 PM
What about good old JP?:dunno::joker:

sure. I'd be fine with pretty much any of the regular posters here, but we did vote for AK last time. So maybe we should start one up.

The Tang
10-28-2003, 02:59 PM
i'm assuming you mean no offense spence_, but here is what happened:

basically, i got a pm from Buffaloed the other day asking me if i wanted to be a mod. all he said was that he wanted to add a second mod (no knocks on Ak at all) and that he wanted him to be in Pittsburgh. thats all i know. i too wondered myself, as i didnt think i would be first in line. but upon checking the profiles of those you mentioned, none were from Pittsburgh, so i guess thats how i got the job. besides, its not like i'm a bad/ignorant poster or anything.

tom_servo
10-28-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, spence, but I'm sure Raider Zero will do fine.

The Tang
10-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, spence, but I'm sure Raider Zero will do fine.
yes, and if you make a ritual sacrifice of a certain russian right wing, your new god... i mean mod, will perform even better and not bring his wrath down upon you ;)

ps. thanks for the vote of confidence guys. :D

spence___
10-28-2003, 03:15 PM

I tire of his constant Morozov bashing. I think there are many more knowledgable posters on this board that are from Pittsburgh.

Big McLargehuge
10-28-2003, 03:16 PM
shoulda been moi, but regardless congrats Raider.

Ya Morozov hating bast...err...nevermind :p

The Tang
10-28-2003, 03:22 PM
I tire of his constant Morozov bashing. I think there are many more knowledgable posters on this board that are from Pittsburgh.
well, instead of being insulting, you could have said "hey raider, do you think you can stop bashing morozov all the time? people are tired of hearing it"
sorry if my opinion doesnt coincide with yours. i dont think he is what everyone plays him up to be. im sure youve done the same to another player when you post.i can pick people out for not liking berehowsky or focht, but i dont complain about it. because i dont think a guy is good, doesnt mean i am not knowledgable and shouldnt be a mod.

Koltsov71
10-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Not that it matters, but for the record I am from the Pittsburgh area. :yo:

The Tang
10-28-2003, 03:26 PM
i think Buffaloed had to go by what people put in their profiles. and if you look, im one of the few constant posters who has his location as Pittsburgh.

Big McLargehuge
10-28-2003, 04:03 PM
damn you Harmonia!

Wingboy2999
10-28-2003, 04:23 PM
So am I....

spence___
10-28-2003, 04:38 PM
well, instead of being insulting, you could have said "hey raider, do you think you can stop bashing morozov all the time? people are tired of hearing it"
sorry if my opinion doesnt coincide with yours. i dont think he is what everyone plays him up to be. im sure youve done the same to another player when you post.i can pick people out for not liking berehowsky or focht, but i dont complain about it. because i dont think a guy is good, doesnt mean i am not knowledgable and shouldnt be a mod.

I didnt mean for it to be as insulting. But I think if your going to keep bashing Morozov, you should start finding some faults in his game that can help back your statements.

The Tang
10-28-2003, 05:16 PM
I didnt mean for it to be as insulting. But I think if your going to keep bashing Morozov, you should start finding some faults in his game that can help back your statements.
1) i have only been going by what ive heard this year, and i said in another thread my assessment of his play this year was probably off.

2) for the past two eyars i have always given proof as to why i dont like hime. he gets knocked off the puck way too easy, very soft, not good defensively and has yet to put up moderate production w/o Mario.

and, i'll reiterate, i havent seen him much this year, so i cnt make a good assessment. this board is the only place where i here something positive about him on a regular basis.

spence___
10-28-2003, 05:37 PM
and, i'll reiterate, i havent seen him much this year, so i cnt make a good assessment. this board is the only place where i here something positive about him on a regular basis.

What other places are you looking at?

Big McLargehuge
10-28-2003, 06:05 PM
Ihatealekseymorozov.com probably

This is the only site I go to with numerous Pens fans since most other sites tend to be filled with mentally challenged non-fans.

Anyways...congrats Raider Zero...but you can at least pick on a player who sucks.

[/morozovfan]

The Tang
10-28-2003, 06:27 PM
What other places are you looking at?

listen to the radio, read the local papers online and listen to my dad and brothers assessments of the games too. btw, both of them hate morozov probably more than i do.

and i will stop the morozov bashing. all you people had to do was ask. and in case you didnt know, the post i made in this thread was a joke.

spence___
10-28-2003, 06:43 PM
and i will stop the morozov bashing. all you people had to do was ask. and in case you didnt know, the post i made in this thread was a joke.

Post whatever you want, just try to be more realistic now that your a moderator.

Koltsov71
10-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Your a Redwings fan to boot.

He's slowly being converted. :D

Unholy Diver
10-28-2003, 08:08 PM
I think Raider Zero needs to change his name to Stiller Zero......you just cant trust someone afiliated with the Raiders

Ric Flair
10-28-2003, 09:52 PM

Thanks spence but I really wouldn't wanna be a mod. I don't spend enough time on the pens board and I dont' know if anyone as noticed but I'm kind of a *****.

Unholy Diver
10-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Thanks spence but I really wouldn't wanna be a mod. I don't spend enough time on the pens board and I dont' know if anyone as noticed but I'm kind of a *****.

kind of a *****?

you are the living end

Evilo
10-29-2003, 01:34 AM
Well congrats Raider. :bow:
I've never made a secret that I would gladly become a mod. But it makes a lot of sense to add a guy from Pittsburgh to AK.
And I don't worry one bit about you, you'll make a perfect mod.
And keep your opinions as they are.
I don't expect mods to be "unopinionated".
Not that I agree, you know it, and I bashed you more than a few times for your negativity, but that's your opinion and you're untitled to it.

V for Voodoo
10-29-2003, 02:03 AM
'bout time this board gets a decent mod ;)

kutdacheez
10-29-2003, 06:51 AM
Not that it matters, but for the record I am from the Pittsburgh area. :yo:
For the record, Butler is not the Pittsburgh area . . . unless perhaps, you happen to live in Lancaster, PA.
It's all a matter of perspective.
To me, Butler is more in the Youngstown, Ohio or Meadville, PA area. For example, if the Grove City Mall Outlets had a team in the NHL, you'd be the guy. :D

Now, in all seriousness, the board moderator doesn't have to be someone that has more of a local flavor for what is going on. Look at
(Der Schweinehund) . . . he doesn't hail from Pittsburgh but probably has a Penguin hockey mind as deeply bird-brained as any of you.
:handclap:
AND, anyway, one of the keys to be a good moderator has to be someone with rather 'blah' neutral (opinion set) or at least keep it under control! Mostly because they have to make decisions in regard to posting content and not show any favoritism.
Hopefully, nobody would want to take those on these boards with extraordinary skills for presenting the different and then have to put those skills to rest. I think it would make for a very uninteresting conversational set. At least it would be for me.

Like I have said before, there are many times that some posters need a whack up side of the head (including me) . . . and as a 'bored' (pun intended) moderator you (mostly, no matter what some people claim) can't really express yourself the way you may really want to. So, you are left with presenting mostly boring posts. And, that can lead to boring people talking about very boring unoriginal things. No amount of genius can overcome the preoccupation with detail this 'bored' responsibility requires. :bow:
Maybe, it's just me but I always perceived the people who wanted to be board moderators as more like the Hall Patrol types as opposed to those who were trying to cut a class to make the day more interesting and fun. Hey, but that could be just me! :moon:

Now, Raider Zero . . . I want you to always remeber that you could have turned this down, right?

Anyhow, good luck in you new position and I look forward to some heated controversy in regard to subject content in the future!

kutdacheez
10-29-2003, 06:56 AM
i havent seen him much this year, so i cnt make a good assessment.
Further proving that just living in Pittsburgh shouldn't have and most likely wasn't the only criteria used! :D

Alex Kovalev
10-29-2003, 08:07 AM
Being in school, its nice to have another mod. Raider Zero was a good choice. He has alway been a regular and knowledgable poster. It may have been more fair to vote, but it was a quick decison by Buffaloed and a good one at that.

Koltsov71
10-29-2003, 09:26 AM
For the record, Butler is not the Pittsburgh area

If I break a few laws, I'm there in 20 minutes. I'd say that's in the area.

When someone that I don't know asks me where I'm from, I say the Pittsburgh area. Because really, who is going to know where Butler is?

tom_servo
10-29-2003, 09:36 AM
Just out of curiosity, why is location important?

Koltsov71
10-29-2003, 09:43 AM
Just out of curiosity, why is location important?

It isn't (to me). It was stated that I wasn't from the area, so I was just clearing that up.

tom_servo
10-29-2003, 09:43 AM
No, I mean to be a moderator. Buffaloed said he needed someone from the Pittsburgh area -- why, exactly?

Koltsov71
10-29-2003, 09:48 AM
No, I mean to be a moderator. Buffaloed said he needed someone from the Pittsburgh area -- why, exactly?

Beats me. I don't see how it would make a difference. Some very good posters not from PA that post here that could do just as well, I'm sure.

The Tang
10-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Unholy Divers: the riader in my name has nothing to do with the oakland team. i just like the sound of it, and Raider Zero is a mix of two different names.

Evilo: thanks. yeah, i know we've had our disagreements in the past, and i know i can be negative at times. but hey, no ones perfect.

Kutdacheez: yes, i know i could have declined. i thought about it first and decided that i did want to do it.

thanks to those that have confidence in me. also, i would like to mention that i can take criticism. you dont know if you're doing something wrong unless people tell you. so, if you think there is something i'm missing, or letting go too much, tell me. i have a set, i can take it.

KungFuPenguin
10-29-2003, 02:59 PM
I'm guessing the geographical location comes in handy when moderating things like the Steelers thread and such. Probably also means someone who watch the Pens play in person on a regular basis.

Good luck RZ. We can be a rowdy mob at times. :D

Unholy Diver
10-29-2003, 08:32 PM
For the record, Butler is not the Pittsburgh area . . . unless perhaps, you happen to live in Lancaster, PA.
It's all a matter of perspective.
To me, Butler is more in the Youngstown, Ohio or Meadville, PA area. For example, if the Grove City Mall Outlets had a team in the NHL, you'd be the guy. :D

Now, in all seriousness, the board moderator doesn't have to be someone that has more of a local flavor for what is going on. Look at
(Der Schweinehund) . . . he doesn't hail from Pittsburgh but probably has a Penguin hockey mind as deeply bird-brained as any of you.
:handclap:
AND, anyway, one of the keys to be a good moderator has to be someone with rather 'blah' neutral (opinion set) or at least keep it under control! Mostly because they have to make decisions in regard to posting content and not show any favoritism.
Hopefully, nobody would want to take those on these boards with extraordinary skills for presenting the different and then have to put those skills to rest. I think it would make for a very uninteresting conversational set. At least it would be for me.

Like I have said before, there are many times that some posters need a whack up side of the head (including me) . . . and as a 'bored' (pun intended) moderator you (mostly, no matter what some people claim) can't really express yourself the way you may really want to. So, you are left with presenting mostly boring posts. And, that can lead to boring people talking about very boring unoriginal things. No amount of genius can overcome the preoccupation with detail this 'bored' responsibility requires. :bow:
Maybe, it's just me but I always perceived the people who wanted to be board moderators as more like the Hall Patrol types as opposed to those who were trying to cut a class to make the day more interesting and fun. Hey, but that could be just me! :moon:

Now, Raider Zero . . . I want you to always remeber that you could have turned this down, right?

Anyhow, good luck in you new position and I look forward to some heated controversy in regard to subject content in the future!

where can I get the readers digest condensed version?

kutdacheez
10-30-2003, 05:46 AM
where can I get the readers digest condensed version?
Publisher's Clearing house? Maybe Ed Macmann could give you a czech?

kutdacheez
10-30-2003, 06:07 AM
If I break a few laws, I'm there in 20 minutes. I'd say that's in the area.

IMHO, to make it from Butler to the Igloo in twenty minutes you would have to be averaging approx. 90 mph. right out of the driveway. Then there are the other obstacles you may incur along the way, such as . . . whiplash, stop signs, traffic and the toughest of all . . . parking at 90 mph which probably would cause the air bags to go off! And, all those stop signs, traffic lights etc. . . . that may really mean you would have to be averaging about 200 to 300 mph in between those stops. Also, when you think about it if you have hubcaps on your car the centrifugal force would blow them babies right off when you hit that May-West bend in Etna!
The biggest laws you would have to break to get here in 20 minutes are (a) sitting on a missile, and (b) firing that missile into the 'Burg. Since 9/11 they frown on that stuff.

Anyhow, if you don't go to the games then living in the Pittsburgh area doesn't give the moderator any advantage over someone living in Bangor, Maine watching the games on a dish. As a matter of fact, I don't know that living here or going to the games offer any advantage at all.

Koltsov71
10-30-2003, 06:45 AM
IMHO, to make it from Butler to the Igloo in twenty minutes you would have to be averaging approx. 90 mph. right out of the driveway. Then there are the other obstacles you may incur along the way, such as . . . whiplash, stop signs, traffic and the toughest of all . . . parking at 90 mph which probably would cause the air bags to go off! And, all those stop signs, traffic lights etc. . . . that may really mean you would have to be averaging about 200 to 300 mph in between those stops. Also, when you think about it if you have hubcaps on your car the centrifugal force would blow them babies right off when you hit that May-West bend in Etna!
The biggest laws you would have to break to get here in 20 minutes are (a) sitting on a missile, and (b) firing that missile into the 'Burg. Since 9/11 they frown on that stuff.

I was being sarcastic. Why do you care so much about it?

kutdacheez
10-30-2003, 09:52 AM
I was being sarcastic. Why do you care so much about it?
A little touchy this morning, eh? :D

Koltsov71
10-30-2003, 09:56 AM
A little touchy this morning, eh? :D

Nah, every morning.