GDT: vs Philly

justapantherfan
10-29-2003, 04:01 AM
For some reason I am not to optimistic about tonights game. I think Philly is going to pin Roberto to the net with all the shots they will take.

I figure about 39-40 shots.

I hope I am wrong.

Acadmus
10-29-2003, 04:50 AM
For some reason I am not to optimistic about tonights game. I think Philly is going to pin Roberto to the net with all the shots they will take.

I figure about 39-40 shots.

I hope I am wrong.

Are we starting a pool? :joker:

I'll vote for 35 shots, but the Panthers will also take 29, and the game will end tied 2-2.

I mean, c'mon! Even though Hackett's been good so far this year...it's friggin' Jeff Hackett! He's not Hasek ;)

Teezax
10-29-2003, 05:32 AM

I'll vote for 35 shots, but the Panthers will also take 29, and the game will end tied 2-2.
I mean, c'mon! Even though Hackett's been good so far this year...it's friggin' Jeff Hackett! He's not Hasek ;)

Esche will be getting the start tonight, hopefully this game isn't going to be as physically draining as our last encounter a year ago when we won 6-2 and there was a crapload of PIM. Should be a good matchup.
Anxious to see the Bouwmeester vs Pitkanen challenge.

Philly 4
Florida 1

justapantherfan
10-29-2003, 05:49 AM

I am all for the pool.

As far as them as being better then us :confused: . They have won the same amount of games as us. They just have more ties.

justapantherfan
10-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Philly 4
Florida 1

Lets not get crazy. :eek:

Acadmus
10-29-2003, 06:37 AM

I think he's a Flyers fan, so he can't help it :rolly:

John Flyers Fan
10-29-2003, 06:52 AM
What will the Florida line-up look like.

Flyers should be

Recchi - Roenick - Amonte
LeClair - Handzus - Williams
Gagne - Primeau - Kapanen
Chouinard - Lapointe - Fedoruk

Therien - Desjardins
Pitkanen - Ragnarsson
Weinrich - Johnsson

Esche

Teezax
10-29-2003, 07:27 AM

HAHA, hey i picked the Flyers to beat the Habs 2-1 and they won 5-0 so maybe if i predict 4-1 they will win 7-0.

Acadmus
10-29-2003, 07:45 AM
HAHA, hey i picked the Flyers to beat the Habs 2-1 and they won 5-0 so maybe if i predict 4-1 they will win 7-0.

or they'll lose...

Chaos2k7
10-29-2003, 08:25 AM

Flyers should be

Recchi - Roenick - Amonte
LeClair - Handzus - Williams
Gagne - Primeau - Kapanen
Chouinard - Lapointe - Fedoruk

Therien - Desjardins
Pitkanen - Ragnarsson
Weinrich - Johnsson

Esche

OFF TOPIC...

THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST COLLECTION OF TOP 9 FORWARDS IN THE NHL.

Nothing less than the Stanley Cup should be accepted. But Booby Clarke is running the ship. He will find a way to disrupt team chemistry. On paper, things look alot better than they actually are for these Flyers.

Teezax
10-29-2003, 08:35 AM
OFF TOPIC...

Nothing less than the Stanley Cup should be accepted. But Booby Clarke is running the ship. He will find a way to disrupt team chemistry. On paper, things look alot better than they actually are for these Flyers.

I know, I still can't believe that with 3 top lines like this, we have yet to see the conference finals. I think we are getting better and our chemistry is progressing as these three lines were just put together and they have been doing well so far. The 4th line cannot be counted out either, they are doing their part and also generating some opposition. When the Flyers paly their game, they are very hard to score agianst. We've proved that against the Habs, Sharks, and Sabres.

John Flyers Fan
10-29-2003, 08:36 AM
OFF TOPIC...

I wouldn't go that far. Flyers are very good, but there are other teams with better top 9 talent (Senators, Avalanche and possibly a few others)

The Flyers strength is their depth. 9 NHL quality defenseman & 14 NHL quality forwards.

What they lack is a dominant player (Forsberg, Thornton, Lidstrom, Brodeur etc.)

Dr Love
10-29-2003, 09:03 AM
OFF TOPIC...

Have you seen Dallas?

justapantherfan
10-29-2003, 09:10 AM
or they'll lose...

Thanks Acadmus :handclap:

And Teezax :moon:

Sorry you know I had to do it. :)

Thewbacca
10-29-2003, 09:34 AM
When Jokinen and Kozlov are hot things could be scary.

PantherboyHTR
10-29-2003, 11:00 AM

Thats like picking the correct numbers for the lottery! :joker:

Our guess is as good as yours.

Thewbacca
10-29-2003, 11:05 AM
I hope Sheppard plays tonight! (damn we need a sniper like him again)

Rattrick
10-29-2003, 12:35 PM
If you think Philly has the best top 6, you have been in a hole for quite some time.

Forsberg, Hejduk, Sakic, Selanne, Kariya are the top 5 forwards of any NHL team. Nothing can match that.

Teezax
10-29-2003, 12:49 PM
If you think Philly has the best top 6, you have been in a hole for quite some time.

Forsberg, Hejduk, Sakic, Selanne, Kariya are the top 5 forwards of any NHL team. Nothing can match that.

Who's on their 3rd and 4th line again? Oh yeah that's right NOONE :shakehead

And he said top 9

Rattrick
10-29-2003, 01:22 PM
Who's on their 3rd and 4th line again? Oh yeah that's right NOONE :shakehead

And he said top 9

Battaglia - Nikolishin - Svatos isn't too bad of a line. Either way you put it, comparing your teams offensive talent to the Avs is a pretty far stretch. Nothing against the Flyers (even though I do hate them), but they just can't match the top end or overall scoring ability of the Avs.

m2k2p
10-29-2003, 02:08 PM
Battaglia - Nikolishin - Svatos isn't too bad of a line. Either way you put it, comparing your teams offensive talent to the Avs is a pretty far stretch. Nothing against the Flyers (even though I do hate them), but they just can't match the top end or overall scoring ability of the Avs.

They traded Battaglia for Konawalchuk. So that is another improvement and they are using him on the second line since Kariya is hurt. So when Kariya comes back they will have a pretty nice 3rd line too. The Flyers do have 3 very good lines, but your right since no one is as highly talented on the team as Forsberg, Selanne, Sakic, or Kariya. I am looking forward to seeing Pitkanen in action tonight.

Captain8
10-29-2003, 02:25 PM

Although I'd take Ottawa's forwards over both Philly's and the Avs'. I think their speed, creativity, depth, and crisp execution of a two-way system is unsurpassed.

Rattrick
10-29-2003, 02:26 PM
They traded Battaglia for Konawalchuk. So that is another improvement and they are using him on the second line since Kariya is hurt. So when Kariya comes back they will have a pretty nice 3rd line too. The Flyers do have 3 very good lines, but your right since no one is as highly talented on the team as Forsberg, Selanne, Sakic, or Kariya. I am looking forward to seeing Pitkanen in action tonight.

You're right, I totally forgot about that.

FearTheFlyers
10-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Hey a panther fan siad the 9 forwards thing not us!!

Clash*
10-29-2003, 02:32 PM
The Panthers top two lines will probably look like...

Hagman-Jokinen-Hordichuk
Messier-Kozlov-Bednar

with the other two pretty much bein up in the air.

Philly plays a solid two way, defensive minded game, with a great bunch of scorers doin the work. Yes, their top nine are among the best collections in the league, but the fourth line is damn tough as well. Should be a tough game, but too bad the rivalry isn't there like it once was with Lindros and Jovo roamin the ice for their respective teams.

As for Booby Clarke, as it was said. Remember, he built our expansion team and the majority of our Stanley Cup finals team in 96. The fan base in Philly is also one hell of a lot tougher than it is here. Hell, ever see the old 700 level in Veteran's Stadium? The cops were even afraid to go up there.

Rattrick
10-29-2003, 02:49 PM
Hey a panther fan siad the 9 forwards thing not us!!

Yea, I know. Just stating my opinion.

Crossbar
10-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Horton vs his idol Jeremy Roenick!! Bouwmeester vs Pitkanen!! The battle begins! :yo: Should be real exciting! Keenan should know exactly how to use Horton to stop his former ex-player Roenick, I expect Horton will learn a ton (in the faceoff circle, in front of the net area, defensively) if Keenan does decide to make Horton shadow Roenick all night. :rolly:

MojoJojo
10-29-2003, 02:58 PM
The Panthers top two lines will probably look like...

Hagman-Jokinen-Hordichuk
Messier-Kozlov-Bednar

What happened to Huselius, Nedorost, and Horton?

Winston Wolf
10-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Shoulda picked Pitkanen! :p :moon: ;)

Rattrick
10-29-2003, 03:25 PM
Shoulda picked Pitkanen! :p :moon: ;)

Yea, right! What an dumb statement.

Flyers26
10-29-2003, 03:25 PM
The fan base in Philly is also one hell of a lot tougher than it is here. Hell, ever see the old 700 level in Veteran's Stadium? The cops were even afraid to go up there.

Those days are long gone! We have the wine & cheese crowd in the boxes & 1st level seats. Some hardcore fans still exsist, but for the most part, they've been priced out!

Winston Wolf
10-29-2003, 03:32 PM
Yea, right! What an dumb statement. Pitkanen is Bo's *****.
Hey pal, it's called a joke (hence the smilies.) Seeing as it's their first NHL matchup and Pitkanen already has a goal, I definitely wouldn't call Pitkanen J-Bo's *****.

Rattrick
10-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Hey pal, it's called a joke (hence the smilies.) Seeing as it's their first NHL matchup and Pitkanen already has a goal, I definitely wouldn't call Pitkanen J-Bo's *****.

Well, seeing as my team SUCKS! That might have a little something to do with it.

Thewbacca
10-29-2003, 03:38 PM
Who is playing in net? Lajeunesse? Oh and Hordichuk-Ritchie-Messeir are on the power play don't ask me why.

jacksheit
10-29-2003, 03:43 PM
why does this team suck
I mean those Philly goals were weak
me n my one legged grandma could beat Philly

Thewbacca
10-29-2003, 03:49 PM
More experienced and more physical?

Rattrick
10-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Well, lets see, Pitkanen walks in UNTOUCHED, and Mezei lets Williams make him his *****. Pathetic, I am going to play in my game and not sit around and watch this nonsense.

Teezax
10-29-2003, 03:52 PM
why does this team suck
I mean those Philly goals were weak
me n my one legged grandma could beat Philly

Yeah you and your one legged grandma would probably put up more of a fight than the Panthers. You obviously don't know much about hockey, your team is good, but not good enough to stay in the game for 60 minutes. Maybe in 5 years when all your players grow pubes.

:D

P.S. Don't start a war you can't win

Disco Volante
10-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Did Luongo got pull out because he sucked that bad or has he been hurt?

Qubax
10-29-2003, 03:59 PM
Yeah is luongo going back in...? Typical keenan?

Thewbacca
10-29-2003, 04:02 PM
I think Keenan want's us to lose. Two powerplays for 4 mins and Bouwmeester has 8 seconds of PP time. Why? And he seems to be playing Mezei even more.

psycho_dad
10-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Yea, right! What an dumb statement. Pitkanen is Bo's *****.

That's a rather bold statement if you keep in mind Pitkanen already scored in this game and has been very visible in positive things this year. So far in this game I have not seen anything from J'Bo, even though he is a great prospect. But of course, once again what we have here is someone who can't handle two prospects being good....one always has to be talked down.

Why don't you let J'Bo make his own statements with his actions, I'm sure he is more than capable of that. They are both amazing prospects with Norris written all over them, so far Jay has not done anything to suggest Pitkanen would be his "*****". It's the other way around at least in this game.

m2k2p
10-29-2003, 04:14 PM
That's a rather bold statement if you keep in mind Pitkanen already scored in this game and has been very visible in positive things this year. So far in this game I have not seen anything from J'Bo, even though he is a great prospect. But of course, once again what we have here is someone who can't handle two prospects being good....one always has to be talked down.

Why don't you let J'Bo make his own statements with his actions, I'm sure he is more than capable of that. They are both amazing prospects with Norris written all over them, so far Jay has not done anything to suggest Pitkanen would be his "*****". It's the other way around at least in this game.

Neither one is anyone's *****. Pitkanen has better offensive skills at this point I will admit, but I would still take Bouwmeester. The Flyers are making the Panthers their ***** though so far.

psycho_dad
10-29-2003, 04:21 PM
Neither one is anyone's *****.

Exactly.

Heimy
10-29-2003, 05:57 PM
That was weak :shakehead

Nice individual efforts by Kozlov, Hagman, Trnka and Shields. Mezei has had 3 poor games in a row although I loved seeing him hammer Roenick. Branisaurus is gonna have to take more responsibility around his net. Silent j and Horton look overwhelmed at times.

Luugy needs a B-12 shot or something. That 1st goal shoulda been stopped. When it went in, this team went south in a hurry. :(

PantherboyHTR
10-29-2003, 06:03 PM
We didn't show a very good effort at all tonight. Nice to see Jokinen stand help out his teammate Trnka thier at the end. Trnka is tough, but the Tank could hammered him! Also heads up play by Shields to help out his teammate (forgot who(might be Lilja)) that was double teamed.

I expect Keenan to get them a Lot more pumped up for the next meeting versus the Flyers.

goalie31
10-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Even though we lost the fights were entertaining. Haven't seen Shields that angry in a long time. Two penalities in one game for him.

Rattrick
10-29-2003, 07:14 PM
I turned off the game, can someone explain what happened? Probably Roenick playing his borderline dirty play.

Teezax
10-29-2003, 07:15 PM

I guess it wasn't too far fetched, i was generous.

justapantherfan
10-30-2003, 03:09 AM
Philly 4
Florida 1

:bow:

You won this time. I can't wait for the next meeting though. It should be a pretty interesting match with all the jaw flapping in this game.

PUCKBOY99
10-30-2003, 05:42 AM
I turned off the game, can someone explain what happened? Probably Roenick playing his borderline dirty play.

One mans "Borderline dirty" is another mans tough, GRITTY play...I hope the young guys learned something from Roenick. :teach:

Now.....that was the saddest, butt-ugly game I've seen in a while. They sure showed their inexperience tonight. Can someone please explain why it is so hard for the Panthers to clear their own zone? Year after year they seem to have the hardest damn time clearing the zone.
DIRECTIONS:
1) player
2) stick
3) puck
4) player takes stick & whacks the ***** out of the puck.

***WARNING: Taking this approach may result in an icing penalty....but the puck being dropped in the face off circle beats the hell out of being dropped @ center ice!!!! ***

Rattrick
10-30-2003, 07:13 AM
I agree with the gritty play of Roenick and wish that our guys could show some of that at times. However, I do remember a pretty nasty elbow last year. Gritty and Dirty are both along a slim line.

Captain8
10-30-2003, 08:56 AM
That was weak :shakehead

Nice individual efforts by Kozlov, Hagman, Trnka and Shields. Mezei has had 3 poor games in a row although I loved seeing him hammer Roenick. Branisaurus is gonna have to take more responsibility around his net. Silent j and Horton look overwhelmed at times.

Luugy needs a B-12 shot or something. That 1st goal shoulda been stopped. When it went in, this team went south in a hurry. :(

Need we mention the power play and the discipline as well?

Running a 7% power play, the Panthers can't even afford to trade power play chances, especially against one of the better power play teams. Playing against a 30% power play tonight, they could perhaps keep it close if the league allowed both Shields and Luongo to play in net.

In today's NHL, Keenan looks like a dinosaur. Prior to and after the game, the theme song was the importance of meeting the physical challenge. It's fine to emphasize that concept, but it's evident that Keenan did little beyond verbalizing it. Most coaches know that the key to beating the Flyers is execution -- quick puck movement, puck support, and discipline. The Panthers failed not because they were physically intimidated but because, once again, they couldn't make more than two passes in succession; they played a slow game; their own PP was awful; the goaltending was shaky; they lost discipline.

So what do get for an epilogue? More of the same false reasoning. It's no wonder that this team doesn't improve from one game to the next. And it's a shame because a young team does have the capacity to learn if taught properly.