Greg
10-30-2003, 08:07 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1790038

Taffe at 48 and Sjostrom at 66.

CoyoteBaloney
10-31-2003, 08:45 AM

Taffe was in the top 20 for the past 2 years and did nothing last year to remove him from those rankings. So, why did he drop to 48? Because this is just one guy's guess.

Peter Griffin
10-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Taffe was in the top 20 for the past 2 years and did nothing last year to remove him from those rankings. So, why did he drop to 48? Because this is just one guy's guess.

Maybe other players improved and passed him? :dunno:

CoyoteBaloney
10-31-2003, 10:51 AM
Maybe other players improved and passed him? :dunno:
I dopubt it. Many of the players that are ranked ahead of him were drafted this past season ... even a few mid-first rounders.

Besides, look what Taffe has been doing this season.

Dolfin
10-31-2003, 11:08 AM
and look at the oops on #33 :) Oops...couldn't even spell their mistake right either! Hehe.

gibber1600
10-31-2003, 11:45 AM

Is Spezza still a hockey future?

gibber1600
10-31-2003, 11:46 AM
and look at the oops on #33 :) Oops...couldn't even spell their mistake right either! Hehe.
It's FOX maybe they need to LIGHT up the page to read this guys name properly hahaha.

Dancing Chicken
10-31-2003, 12:53 PM
I said this last year and I will say her again.. If you can get close to value for Taffe..

TRADE HIM.. He will be a 2nd liner at best and if he can not cut 2nd line then where do you play him.. See, try and get something well you can..

XX
10-31-2003, 01:11 PM
I said this last year and I will say her again.. If you can get close to value for Taffe..

TRADE HIM.. He will be a 2nd liner at best and if he can not cut 2nd line then where do you play him.. See, try and get something well you can..

Mike Johnson anyone?

Morris Lukowich
10-31-2003, 03:05 PM
I think Dancing Chicken is pointing out that beyond the second line Taffe will have no-one to play with and therefore look like crap ala Teemu Selanne in Colorado.

What a waste of some of the most natural talent I ever saw.

But the MIke Johnson comment is fair too. MJ appears capable of playing with anyone so maybe we can expect the same from Taffe.

XX
10-31-2003, 03:13 PM
But the MIke Johnson comment is fair too. MJ appears capable of playing with anyone so maybe we can expect the same from Taffe.

I meant in in the fact that chicken is too quick to trade Taffe. Everyone wanted to ship out Johnson as well before his breakout year.

Good things come to people who wait.

Dancing Chicken
10-31-2003, 07:03 PM
Good Point X, But maybe its because I am up in Calgary and only get small bits of info on Taffe but he seems to be well sliding.. I just hope we dont keep him lose all trade value then have to trade him for some 4th line thug..

CoyoteBaloney
10-31-2003, 09:09 PM
Some prospect mag said Taffe could be an elite player. I think Taffe will be a first liner.

CoyoteBaloney
11-01-2003, 06:11 AM
I looked at the list much closer and discovered something about HF and their listings. They value ... over-value recently drafted players more than high level prospects.

XX
11-01-2003, 07:27 AM
I looked at the list much closer and discovered something about HF and their listings. They value ... over-value recently drafted players more than high level prospects.

And Taffe, being a coyotes prospect, doesnt help the situation.

Hes bored in the AHL, cant we bring him up for a 10 game stint or something and then send him back down?

hbk
11-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Good Point X, But maybe its because I am up in Calgary and only get small bits of info on Taffe but he seems to be well sliding.. I just hope we dont keep him lose all trade value then have to trade him for some 4th line thug..

HF's list was published prior to the season and recently a list of top 30 prospects in the AHL was published which had Taffe at number 4 but more importantly he was the top rated forward prospect. I think this is a non-issue.

PhoPhan
11-01-2003, 07:52 AM

Of course they do. When a player is drafted in the 1st round, especially in a draft like this past year's draft, they have the potential to be superstars. After a year passes, however, all the players have either made themselves look like they were overrated at that draft, or they justify their selection. The guys from this past draft are the only draftees that have not gone through that period yet.

And Taffe, being a coyotes prospect, doesnt help the situation.

That's the way it is. I don't think it is a bias against the Coyotes, more so a bias towards the perennially bad teams that are perpetually rebuilding, thus always overhyping their prospects. The Coyotes have not had the opportunity to grab one of these monstrously hyped prospects. It is not often (not saying it never happens) that a prospect gains hype after more than 6 months after his drafting.

ulf
11-01-2003, 09:08 AM
taffe is the best/closest to nhl material that we have in the a.

48th or 4th it doesn't matter,we have seen his nhl game and while he could be in phx now in a limited role,his future is still down the road for many reasons including his game.

PhoPhan
11-01-2003, 10:55 AM
http://www.hockeyinsider.de/top100.htm

Take this for what it's worth. LeNeveu, Taffe, Sjostrom, and Podlesak all in the top 50.

Also, they have Freddy as the #2 Swedish prospect, and Knyazev as the #14 Russian prospect,