Brown Staying (latimes)

KingPurpleDinosaur
10-30-2003, 10:30 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl/kings/la-sp-kings31oct31,1,6372194.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nhl-kings

Rookie Dustin Brown went without a point, but the Kings said Thursday they would keep the 18-year-old winger instead of sending him back to Guelph of the Ontario Hockey League.

Brown's three-year, $3.72-million contract would have rolled over and begun next season if Brown had been returned to his junior team before the Kings' 10th game, Saturday against Phoenix.

IGM
10-31-2003, 06:45 AM
Well, you can't say he hasn't earned it. I hope it is the right decision. I am not questioning it as I have faith in the people who made the call. I am just saying that I want the kid to be as great as it looks like he can and if that is having him stay then cool and if it was sending him back then that is great also.

In other words, start scoring Brownie and kill that monkey! Pre Draft there were a few of us that said things like "I would poop myself if he (Brown) fell to us at 13" and "I know it won't happen but...." and it did. I know that he was my first fantasy pick for this past draft and so far he hasn't dissapointed.

Here's to many great years with the Kings Brownie. Great Kid.