Koreis

Waldo
11-01-2003, 05:56 AM
Koreis got 2 points in last nites game, 1 assist on the PP and 1 assist while SH. This of course would mean that he gets PP and PK time. This of course would mean the coach likes his play and he is adapting to NA junior hockey. This of course is a good sign. He quietly now has 1G 8A 9 Pts in 13 games. Not specatular of course but promising .

PhoPhan
11-01-2003, 06:53 AM
Koreis got 2 points in last nites game, 1 assist on the PP and 1 assist while SH. This of course would mean that he gets PP and PK time. This of course would mean the coach likes his play and he is adapting to NA junior hockey. This of course is a good sign. He quietly now has 1G 8A 9 Pts in 13 games. Not specatular of course but promising .

Very promising, indeed. Even though upon his drafting he was made out to be the most NHL ready player in the draft, most knew he and Eager would both be projects with big upside and little downside.

The Viking
11-01-2003, 07:59 AM

of course

ulf
11-01-2003, 08:01 AM
very positive for a young man in a foreign country just trying to cope with it all.

hbk
11-01-2003, 09:43 AM
I was lucky last year to catch a Sjostrom game early on last year when there were a lot of doubts about the status of his play and there was some talk that he was going to be a bust. Based on the effort and skill that I saw (not nescessarily the production) I walked away convinced he would be fine. What we need is some first hand witnesses to give us their opinion as to how these kids are progressing before we start to overreact. Has anyone tried listening to their games on-line? Might be an option as well.

Waldo
11-08-2003, 05:47 AM
Koreis is now moving up in the team scoring race 16gp 3g 11a 14pts. In the last 3 games has 2g 3a 5pts. Now seems to be getting good ice time and is becoming an important part of the team. Several other players also seem to be playing excellent hockey after so so starts. Tyler Redenbach, Ryan Gibbons, Lance Monych, Ben Eager all seem to be playing really good hockey, but Koreis has been the most improved player of the group and is now showing 1st round ability.

PhoPhan
11-08-2003, 07:49 AM
I am glad to hear Eager has been good lately, because he has a reputation for starting strong, but tailing off. I hope he can play well all season long. I love hearing about Koreis though. One day he will be an awesome 4th liner for our cup team.

hbk
11-08-2003, 07:54 AM
Koreis is now moving up in the team scoring race 16gp 3g 11a 14pts. In the last 3 games has 2g 3a 5pts. Now seems to be getting good ice time and is becoming an important part of the team. Several other players also seem to be playing excellent hockey after so so starts. Tyler Redenbach, Ryan Gibbons, Lance Monych, Ben Eager all seem to be playing really good hockey, but Koreis has been the most improved player of the group and is now showing 1st round ability.

it's encouraging but Guelph has been putting up some lopsided scores lately and Koreis's name has been noticably absent from the 3 stars listing as of late. Also, Dan Paille is putting up more points than Koreis and he's the guy we passed on to select Koreis. There is an adjustment I would just feel more comfortable if we were hearing some live accounts in terms of the progress of Koreis. He's signed anyways but I'd like to see some glowing accounts for his physical play and defensive game.

winnipegjets4life
11-09-2003, 09:50 AM
4th liner on our cup team? He was drafted in the first round, i hope you have slightly higher expectations of him. Ya he has had a slow start, but after this year in jr....and a couple years in the A i think he can do a little better than that.

PhoPhan
11-09-2003, 10:07 AM
4th liner on our cup team? He was drafted in the first round, i hope you have slightly higher expectations of him. Ya he has had a slow start, but after this year in jr....and a couple years in the A i think he can do a little better than that.

Aside from the fact that it was a really weak draft, Koreis projects to be the perfect grinding, checking center, much like Holik. Plus, we have a lot of center depth on this team.